CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

Dry, powdery, incredibly cakey, and absolutely awful despite the application.

I wanted to love this foundation but, sadly, I'm still looking for my "Holy Grail" foundation.

on 12/12/2016 2:41:00 AM

Two years ago when I was passing Chanel counter the lady there suggested this foundation for me. I was struggling to find my skin color match at that time and my skin was going through a rough time. Anyway she convinced me to buy this one and she chose the color for me as she described it to be the "perfect match". The formula of this foundation is really runny and you have to shake it every time before using it. Anyway I was sold on and head over heels in love with it. But that didn't last for a long time. I was going out the other day and decided to use it. I applied to my face and I noticed that the color was dark for me I don't know how to describe it but my face looked dark rosy. When I got into my car I looked again into the mirror and I could see every pore, fine line, dry patch. It was awful it oxides after just a little while and sat on my face like a greasy paste. I have to say that I liked the packaging it looked fancy and classy.

on 9/18/2016 4:56:00 PM

I bought this after seeing how great it looked on Angie from Hot and Flashy on youtube. Well, on me, not so much. This is like a tinted moisturizer that dries to a matte finish. It did not give me polka-dot pores, but it was very aging. Part of the problem was that all of the Chanel colors (2.0 and 2.3) were so yellow that when I wore the foundation I looked jaundiced. I had asked the sales consultant from Chanel to make sure the color she sold me was not too yellow because I am fair and cool in complexion. And sure enough, I got really, really yellow. $50 down the drain. Chanel counters in Canada will not exchange or return, at least mine won't. I have since read that the yellow-leaning foundation colors is a general trend at Chanel, so if you are porcelain-skinned like me, beware. And, as with all Chanel products, this is heavily scented.

Perfection Lumiere Velvet is Gritty! Like Sand!

I wanted so much to like this since they discontinued my favorite foundation, Mat Lumiere.
Since it's not oily it would be perfect for summer, right? So wrong. Immediately I thought there had been a mistake as it was gritty to the touch. Does not spread easily. But looks okay once in place. I was afraid to get it near my eyes as the grit would be hard to get out. Yet it's named Velvet and I really have to wonder why they would call it that.

Maybe they got a bad batch of dimethicone (or silicone) because there is nothing smooth about this. I am going to return this.

UGH!!! Where to begin?! First off, I truly do love Chanel make-up. However, I hate their foundations. They need to get rid of the fragrance. This broke me out so horribly. I only used it twice and returned it to Neiman's quickly. I have oily skin, so I thought this would be fun to try. It made my skin look unnatural, and I barely used any. I started noticing little bumps at the end of the day when I'd wash it off. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it. Same thing the next day. I started to form deep cystic acne on my chin and cheeks. I realized that it had to be foundation, as nothing else in my routine changed. The fragrance in Chanel's foundation is what did it. If you aren't sensitive, this may work, but I wouldn't risk it if you are prone to break outs. I wanted to love this... Went back to my NARS all day luminous foundation.

This is by far one of the worst foundations I have ever tried (and I have tried a lot). After visiting the counter and explaining that I have quite dry and sensitive this was recommended. After the classic beauty counter impulse buy I bought it - and after a few wears really regretted it. The formula was incredibly drying and emphasised all of my dry patches. If you are a teenager with perfect skin (and a generous allowance) this may be the foundation for you but I hated it.

I hate this foundation.

I didn't like the "Vital Lumiere Aqua" either, but somehow I thought I would give another Chanel foundation a shot.

B10 is super pale. VLA's B10 is a darker beige compared to this warmer and just pale color.
When I try it on the back of my hands, it blends like a dream. it literally becomes second skin. but when I try to wear it on my skin, it just never blends into the skin. it feels like there is something in btw my skin and the foundation, and make my face look like I'm wearing a mask.

It also has a matte finish that wear out and become oily. my face looks flat and dull at first but oily and uneven a few hours later (I have dry skin and never have this problem)
accentuates all dry patches.

the only things I like is the price (I really think its fair for a Chanel foundation), smell (love the rose water scent), and the fact that its super light weight but somehow does offer coverage. it somehow gets thicker when it touches the face.

After the heartbreak of discovering Mat Lumiere has been discontinued, I started the search for a new one. I found this to be completely non-buildable, pasty/chalky looking, clings to whatever bits of skin are left from previous breakouts. If the look I was going for were to have very obvious foundation that magnifies my pores and settles into lines I didn't even know I had all while disappearing from my nose leaving me with a shiny, shiny spot, this would be the one.

Yes, the fragrance is strong, but if I can stand No. 7 matte foundation, which smells like Valerian root, that's not a deal-breaker. (For those of you who don't know what Valerian root is, it's an herbal sleep aid that's been described as having the scent of horrible foot odor. Other say that that's not fair to those who suffer from horrible foot odor, as Valerian smells much, much worse.)

The best thing I can say about it is that Chanel is supposed to have a good return policy so I won't have to live with it. I've given it a week, apart from one morning where I was in a rush and didn't have time for the endless blending one must do to get the streaks out (and instructions say not to use sponge or brush with this). Feh. This is not one you can just blend into splotchy areas (I'm looking at you fondly, Mat Lumiere) and call it good enough. No, you're going to need a comfy makeup chair because you're going to be blending a long, long time. How can something this liquidy make one look so covered in flakes *and* oily? It's like they found the best of both worlds, and then created this in an alternate, horrific dimension where every day is opposite day.

on 7/15/2014 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Chanel had one good foundation for oily skin and they discontinued it. It was called Double Perfection. After this highly beloved foundation, I haven't been liking their foundations at all. This is watery, which I do not mind, but gives no coverage and is pretty streaky. In other words, it sits on the skin without blending. If I am buying Chanel, I am expecting Chanel high end quality. This, on the other hand, fails in quality compared to common drugstore foundations such as Revlon and L'Oreal. Compare this with L'Oreal's True Match at 1/5 of the price. LTM blends well, looks and feels better and is much more durable on oily skin. I don't recommend this even to my enemy. :)

on 6/18/2014 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I usually wear high coverage, long wear foundations but I was looking for something lighter for the summer. I tried this on in a department store and loved the look, texture, and scent. To me it smells like a white wine. It feels like you are not wearing makeup. However after buying it and wearing it to work, it did not work for my skin at all. I put it on at 7am and by lunch time it had almost completely worn off. In the places where it had not worn off, my t-zone and around my mouth, it looked very powdery and had left streaks on my face. I was very disappointed and returned it that same day. I have very dry skin so maybe this product only works on oily skin, though I did put on a heavy moisturizer prior to application.