CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 10/12/2018 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation, especially after reading reviews, but I was dissapointed. I bought this in no.30 (medium light tan skin with yellow undertones, usually NC30) color match was great. It applied silky and had a soft finish, smelled amazing and it made my skin look nice at first. I would say medium coverage at most. I even used the Chanel Les Beiges Sheer Glow powder to set it, however within a few hours at work in an office desk job my makeup had worn off in areas and looked somewhat patchy. I tried it another day, and by noon I looked in the mirror and my face looked oily and shiny- I don’t even have oily skin, so that was really strange. Sadly it’s going back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I put off trying this foundation for a long time because of the fragrance. I don't like the heavy old lady smell of most Chanel products although this foundation has less scent than others by Chanel. I finally broke down and gave it a try and it has replaced my beloved UD Naked Skin foundation. I usually use 3.25 in UD Naked Skin so I bought the Lumiere Velvet in 22 which matches my light cool/neutral skin perfectly. It does contain alcohol but it does not dry out my skin at all. It also wears even better than the UD Naked Skin.

I love that this is a lightweight foundation. It offers sheer to medium coverage but it does not build up really at all. I don't mind this because I only like a medium coverage foundation because anything heavier will accentuate the texture on my skin. I just use a concealer where needed and it blends seamlessly.

It wears well for up to 12 hours on my normal skin. In the summer I get slightly oily but using a blotting sheet takes care of that. During the winter it wears very will without any need to touch up. I do set it with a loose tinted translucent setting powder to just smooth the t-zone a little.

I do wish there was a cheaper dupe but honestly there is nothing like this available in the US. I have seen a L'Oreal Magic Nude Powder foundation compared to it but that is not available here. It might even be discontinued by now. But seriously there is nothing like this lightweight foundation for smoothing out texture and giving older skin an evened out natural appearance.

on 9/24/2018 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Did not work for my oily skin, very disappointing as the reviews seem good. Used the Chanel blanc de chanel base underneath and it lasted less than 3 hours before I started looking like a greaseball. I would not recommend this foundation for oily skins.

I bought this because the HD Forever make up I recently found and love is just a bit too heavy for summer, and I watched the "Hot and Flashy" youtube where this was the Holy Grail of All Foundations. Long story short: I love this foundation. It's relatively light and sheer for a medium-coverage foundation. It's not buildable, and my nose after the summer of beach and waves is a mess, so what I eventually did was use this for all over my face (after moisturizer), let it set, then take a large round foundation brush and pat the HD Forever foundation into my nose. THIS is the Holy Grail. I would never have done this on purpose because of the expense, but since I already had the HD Forever that was *kind of* working and had hoped to replace it with this, that means I effectively now have double of each if that makes sense. I will cry when they're both gone.

The good:

1. This is really a fantastic foundation. It's sheer with a beautiful finish, and leaves my 50 year-old skin looking like me-but-better. With the HD Forever on my nose after this, my skin and face looks like it did 15 years ago. If I add the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer and the Hourglass Ambient Blush, I don't need any other makeup except a little mascara and a touch of lipgloss

2. It goes on just as well with fingertips and with a makeup brush

3. I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation--for the first time in decades I might add. It's really cool to feel as if I'm out in public bare-faced. I guess it's like mature-skin BB creme or something.

4. Unlike others I haven't noticed any oxidizing, and it stays put and is still on at the end of the day (unlike the HD Forever or any others which I do have to re-apply)

5. Much less transfer onto my phone than other foundations

The bad:

1. It is definitely not buildable. What you initially get from the first application is what you should stick with.
Don't get me wrong--it's fantastic. Just relatively light-medium light coverage.

2. The consistency is watery. It's really hard to get used to this. For the life of me I can't use a foundation brush with it, but that's OK because it works great with fingers. However, getting it to stay on one or two fingertips is kind of impossible, and you have to apply it fast because of this wateriness thing.

3. The packaging is ridiculous. With the watery consistency, then having to turn it upside down to squeeze it out of an opaque container, I must have wasted $15 of the product in the first week trying to figure out how to get the product-dispensing correct. I still hate it. Ironically, if the HD Forever makeup that I DO need to reapply came in this packaging, I think I would love it because I could throw the little squirt bottle (it even has a lid that stays put!) in my purse. However, this lasts all day and isn't buildable, so there is really no need to re-apply, so I don't need an easy-squeeze bottle in my purse or anything. So the packaging and watery consistency just remains irritating as heck.

Bottom line: An awesome, awesome sheer foundation, but I do augment it with a little extra coverage HD Forever on my nose.

on 7/13/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the most beautiful foundations I came across.
I have oily skin, sensitive, dried-out skin. Usually I have pimples and acne, but now they are more or less tamed. I believe it is due to Emu Oil and Salcura Antiac. I recommend both if you struggle with adult acne.

The foundation is very easy to apply, spread and buff. I find it to be really stress-free when it comes to its application.

It sets Demi-matte, but very velvet smooth. It fills up all my pores making my skin look baby soft. It covers minor redness, but offers medium coverage, no more.
It is not transfer free (have to clean up my phone each time) but it stays put during whole day. I do not have to reapply it.
Currently it’s 30 degC here and sometimes it’s very humid and rainy and the foundation acts nice never mind the weather.
I do become shiny after few hours of wear but nothing serious or problematic. You can pay it off with any paper - even with toilet paper.

The good: stays put, doesn’t oxidize, doesn’t separate, dewy, no pores, even and light
The bad: not transfer free

I do not like the packaging. I wish there was a transparent line somewhere just to see how much foundation is left.

I have the shade B20 which is my transition shade. It is darker than eg Urban Decay Skin 2.0 but lighter than YSL Touché Eclat B40. In range with Guerlain Aqua N2.
Beige-to-yellow, quite neutral. No red pigments noticeable. This is important for me since I have problems with redness on my cheeks.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not a bad foundation, but didn't impress me at all. I have combination skin and occasionally get some peeling here and there, this foundation clung to every little problem area. It does look pretty in the pictures, but definitely can see foundation sitting on the face in the mirror, which isn't the most fabulous look.
Didn't mattify me whatsoever, and I'm not an oily-faced person, just slight oiliness on the T-zone sometimes... and it really oxidized and turned sallow on me after a few hours, which, in my opinion shouldn't be happening with a $50 product. Someone even commented that I look yellow. Definitely requires touch-ups and all that after several hours of wear too.
I did't hate it, and would say it is a very lovely foundation if it was within $20, but at $50- just doesn't perform as well, in my opinion. PerriconeMD's no foundation serum is a thousand times better, this just can't compete.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this!💗 I have been searching for a replacement for my Dolce and Gabanna foundation that is no longer made. This one is even better! I use a good moisturizer and primer and with just a small amount of foundation my skin looks amazing. Lightweight with good coverage. Excellent texture, looks like skin, not a mask. I’m getting so many compliments, I can’t believe it.

on 5/27/2018 5:16:00 PM

SO GOOD. So SO good. I have nothing else to say but SUBLIME. And I have VERY finicky VERY cystic acne-prone skin.

Dry, powdery, incredibly cakey, and absolutely awful despite the application.

I wanted to love this foundation but, sadly, I'm still looking for my "Holy Grail" foundation.

on 4/12/2018 7:56:00 AM

Looks awful on my skin, clings to dry patches, I tried multiple different applications and just couldn't make it work for me