Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet
Perfection Lumiere Velvet

3.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love love love this foundation. my friend recommend it to me and I've been using it ever since. This is my first chanel product and it got me hooked to the brand.
I wear make up on daily bases and prefer natural looks. This foundation is lightweight -since it is water based and is what it claim to be with the velvety finish. I have combination/oily skin and this gives me a really healthy dewy look with glows without making me really oily. thou it is not high coverage- light to medium but with some concealer it's alright. Good for all ages me and my mom use it
Wish they'll change the packaging to something more fancy after all it is Chanel. but with the sqaure-ish packaging it is easy for travel light weight plastic bottle.
Highly recommend this

on 5/29/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy Grail for my mature (50s) skin. Recommended by Angie from Hot&Flashy and now on my second bottle. It offers just enough coverage and does not emphasis pores or sit in wrinkles. I use a water based primer (Laura Mercier) first and I put it on with fingers. Very easy to work. I think coverage is good but I use a concealer to hide darker pigmentation. It is long lasting with no need for touch ups or blotting but I use Urban Decay setting spray on long days.

Colour choices are not the broadest but I am lucky that 30 Biege suits me. I think, as Chanel is high end, it is very affordable at £32.50. Cheaper than Dior or Armani for example. My Chanticaille Future Skin was £60 but this product had better coverage. And I think it is better - longer lasting and sits on mature skin better - than Laura Mercier Candlight and the Lancôme foundations.

If you do have mature 50+ skin, do watch Angie Hot&Flashy on YouTube as she is excellent with her product reviews.

on 4/30/2017 11:01:00 PM

Absolutely excellent liquid foundation. Perfect for combination skins, but very oily would likely need a suitable primer or powder over top. Velvety finish just like a second skin and feels completely weightless. People do write about it having a fragrance but I've actually never really noticed it - I do use a few Chanel products so maybe that's why. Despite the matte finish my skin still looks luminous. Highly recommend for those wanting a natural look with coverage. If you've got problem skin and still like lighter foundations, you'll need concealer for those areas, but you can still build this foundation pretty easily and get an easy medium coverage. Will cling to dry patches, so follow your normal moisturising routine and for best results, press into skin using a beauty blender. Finger tips work equally well, but I've found using a beauty blender produces the best results. Have been using everyday since it was released here, so for a few years now. Love it, love it, love it!

on 3/1/2017 8:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this foundation. It is easy to work with, dries down nicely into a semi matte finish but your face still looks bright and glowy. It stays on well throughout the day. The coverage is medium and the major plus point about this is that your skin still looks like skin, you never look like you're wearing a mask with this. It works well for mature skin.

on 2/11/2017 9:00:00 AM

After experiencing an awful break out when using Estée Lauder Double Wear, and finally getting my skin under control with a prescribed cream, I treated myself to this as I was intrigued by the water-based formula and hoped it wouldn't cause another reaction due to the lack of silicones in the ingredients. I had never had any skin issues (not even teenage/hormonal skin) prior to using ELDW so was still slightly apprehensive about using this after spending months getting my skin better, but there was no cause for concern. The light weight formula and barely there finish is absolutely perfect for my skin and hasn't caused any breakouts.

It gives an immediate matte finish once applied (must do so quickly or else it will dry before being blended) and isn't heavy or cakey as some foundations can be. I find applying it with a foundation brush (or even my fingers) gives a wonderful finish. It does cling to any dry patches, so a good moisturising routine is required and I wouldn't recommend this to somebody with dry skin, but I have combination to oily skin so it's just right. If I have had it on all day, there will be some shine on my forehead but not like an oil slick; it's almost like a healthy sort of glow. Once on, it gives a wonderful, velvety smooth finish (hence the name, I imagine!) The foundation does have a scent to it; it isn't unpleasant and once the foundation is on, I find the scent dissipates quite quickly. I have never worn this and found myself being able to smell it on my face.

I have had many compliments on this foundation. I've been told I have 'mastered the no makeup-makeup look' as it is so light weight and 30 Beige is the perfect colour match for my skin tone.

Today I bought my second bottle (in 30 Beige again) and compared the colour between the fresh bottle and my old bottle (which had lasted me a year) and was pleased to find that the old foundation had not changed in colour at all from the time of purchase to the time of running out, a year later which I have found some foundations can do.

The bottle isn't the prettiest of Chanel's products but it still looks nice and sleek. I like that it is a light-weight plastic and so is easy to travel with. The tiny bottle doesn't look like much, considering it costs £34, but there is plenty of product in there and it lasted me a year with quite frequent use. I like how the bottle can be squeezed to control how much product is released, as bottles with no pump etc. (here's looking at you, double wear) can lead to wastage.

Overall, I would say this is good value for money as I have no issues with this foundation. I have given it 4/5 for packaging purely because some other Chanel foundations have a much nicer appearance than this. I have given it a 4/5 overall purely because it can cling to any dry patches but I find applying moisturiser prior to application can help prevent this.

I really do love this foundation. The colour range could be considered limited, but I found the perfect match for me, and the light weight, matte formula may not be suitable for all skin types. I would recommend this to people with combination to oily skin as it does mattify skin without making it look dull, but could make dry skin look overly dry.

on 1/3/2017 11:53:00 AM

Great foundation! I love the feel of my skin after applying this. Never sticky and baby soft. No need to use powder afterwards. The trick is to apply it quite quickly, because it 'dries' rather fast. I am now on my third bottle. Love love love it. I love it even more than Les Beiges and Vitalumière foundation. My HG foundation. Nr. 20 is a very good colour match most of the year, in winter I tend to wear nr. 12.

on 12/12/2016 2:41:00 AM

Two years ago when I was passing Chanel counter the lady there suggested this foundation for me. I was struggling to find my skin color match at that time and my skin was going through a rough time. Anyway she convinced me to buy this one and she chose the color for me as she described it to be the "perfect match". The formula of this foundation is really runny and you have to shake it every time before using it. Anyway I was sold on and head over heels in love with it. But that didn't last for a long time. I was going out the other day and decided to use it. I applied to my face and I noticed that the color was dark for me I don't know how to describe it but my face looked dark rosy. When I got into my car I looked again into the mirror and I could see every pore, fine line, dry patch. It was awful it oxides after just a little while and sat on my face like a greasy paste. I have to say that I liked the packaging it looked fancy and classy.

Holy Grail status!!!! I have combination skin. This foundation makes my skin appear airbrushed, poreless, luminous in a healthy non greasy way. I applied it with real techniques sponge.
The only thing is that is not matte but semi matte.
So my oily friends, you need to prep your skin. I have used it with lancome vissionaire primer (the blue bottle) and friends and strangers have complimented my skin. Also for powder, I paired it with Guerlain meteorites, and let me tell you is a match made in heaven. Give the foundation a try!

on 11/24/2016 9:38:00 AM

Though I am 29 years old, but I bought this foundation according to Hot and Flashy Youtuber which is in her 50's.
It is not that good really. The main thing is that is emphasizes the size of my pores, no matter if I apply it lightly or heavily (I apply with beauty blender). Also the setting make things even worse (for that I use Chanel poudre universelle which itself is really good), after that my skin look porous. From a distance it would look ok, but no one buys a foundation only for that reason :)

I do not recommend this product, Vitalumiere aqua worked way better! Dont know if I'll repurchase VA because of the high alcohol content in it :(

on 11/20/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To bad it hasn't pump... sometimes i pour too much :( so far the foundation looks pretty, but since I've try dior forever and estee lauder double wear, i think both of them is better that chanel... it doesn't drying my skin even it's raining season in my city, the coverage is medium when I put it for the first time, can be buildable