Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet
Perfection Lumiere Velvet

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 12/27/2017 1:43:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation for now bec. it doesn't look heavy even though it has been applied hurriedly. It feels so light and makes the skin glow and look smooth. Retouching with powder after 2 hours on the T-zone is needed since it doesn't absorb oil that much. I will keep on buying this bec. I have been complimented about how good my skin looks whenever I use this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful foundation. I wear this when I want lighter coverage from Chanel’s le teint ultra tenue. Leaves you with flawless, poreless, not-too-matte skin and lasts all day, even without powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have worn this for a couple of days and I'm still undecided... I am about NC20 and in this B20, not sure if this oxidises a bit. It doesn't last very long, but I really like that it looks like second skin - can look cakey though if too much layers applied. I know that chanel is compared a lot to Bourjois healthy mix but having tried both, Bourjois is definitely not a dupe. Bourjois is more moisturising and definitely look like you're wearing foundation - not that second skin look.

on 12/7/2017 2:08:00 PM

I only tried the sample and this is something that i wish i loved but unfortunately i didnt. Its too drying and i have combo oily skin. It makes my nose look very powdery/ flakey and acccentuates my dry patches and acne. I tried this as concealer its a bit too fluidy and again too drying for acne scars and such. If you have discoloration and is looking for a quick foundation to put on this would be good fit. This would be very nice as a one step foundation (no need setting with powder) for somebody who has a great moisturizing primer and hydrating base. i have oily combo skin with some parts dry because i use benzyol peroxide for acne which can dry out my chin and middle of my eyebrows. so i dont own anything too moisturizing like one of those coconut primers(hangover primer from toofaced type) for hydration since those tend to make me greasy. I wouldnt want to counteract the powderiness with an oily primer on top of my oiliness. The normal parts of my cheeks looked fine but for me it wasnt a second skin type of foundation. I def felt a film-like feeling on my face(a dry film). Maybe because I am not use to wearing liquid foundations but this felt like a liquid and powder foundation in one which for me was a strange feeling. I am suffering from hormonal acne and some congested bumps on the forehead and it didnt look as good as my concealer + setting powder combo which is more natural. I rather wear a powder foundation for that look so i can control how matte i want my face to be. I am nc 20 in mac maybelline 120 classic ivory and chanel i am b20 which is a bit yellow for me. Smell didnt bother me just the feel and look of it was a lot more powdery(un-natural) than i expected. i have good skin on my cheeks so i feel ideally powder foundation would be easier and blend better since i dont need foundation all over the face, just some areas. This review is just for those who have dry skin you will need a good primer for this to be more comfortable. Others say this feels like nothing but for me i dont experiment with liquid foundation at all so this did not work. Ive always loved powder foundation so i couldnt get use to this even after reading rave reviews of how light this feels.

on 12/7/2017 10:04:00 AM

Still one of the best foundations out there. If you need more coverage (or higher spf!) it blends beautifully with Chanel CC Cream, mixing a few drops of each before applying; not layering!

on 11/8/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It took 2 weeks for me to figure out how best to use this, but once I did, it was love!! I use NO primer and NO setting powder. On moisturized skin, I simply apply with a dry beauty blender. It looks natural and lasts my entire workday. I have over 40 normal skin/slight oily in T zone with lots of hyperpigmentation. Two passes will cover those areas.

on 9/26/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A beautiful foundation, at least on my mature skin. Does not sit in wrinkles or pores but floats over them, gives light to medium coverage, feels weightless. I love the bottle with its needle nose dispenser and that it is plastic. Easy to squeeze and you can dispense exactly how much you need with no waste. I know people mention a scent but I don't smell much. If there is a scent it is really light.

I found a good match. I'm NC20 in Mac and B20 looks really good on. I have dry, slightly combo skin so I prep my skin well so it doesn't showcase dry areas (I also use retin-A) and have been getting good results with just sunscreen(PC's Resist Skin Restoring Sunscreen Spf 50) under it.

Luckily, I found a sample of this in one of my magazines. Tried it yesterday, and couldn't believe how great I looked! It was like I had been Photoshopped. Best foundation I have ever tried. I'm running out to buy it today.

on 7/18/2017 3:59:00 PM

Absolute perfection in a bottle. Covers everything I need to, matches me perfectly, natural as hell. You can't see I'm wearing foundation but it still looks like I have perfect skin. Satin finish, light-medium coverage, worth the pricetag. Have tried a lot of high-end (along with mid-end and drug-store) in search for my HG but nothing comes close to this. Will forever repurchase

on 8/26/2017 8:51:00 PM

I love that this foundation is lightweight, but me having acne i can build it up to be quite covering, looks like skin once on.. the only thing that my nose got oily :/ but thats after not touching up face for 9 hours or more... really a nice foundation