Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet
Perfection Lumiere Velvet

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 7/13/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the most beautiful foundations I came across.
I have oily skin, sensitive, dried-out skin. Usually I have pimples and acne, but now they are more or less tamed. I believe it is due to Emu Oil and Salcura Antiac. I recommend both if you struggle with adult acne.

The foundation is very easy to apply, spread and buff. I find it to be really stress-free when it comes to its application.

It sets Demi-matte, but very velvet smooth. It fills up all my pores making my skin look baby soft. It covers minor redness, but offers medium coverage, no more.
It is not transfer free (have to clean up my phone each time) but it stays put during whole day. I do not have to reapply it.
Currently it’s 30 degC here and sometimes it’s very humid and rainy and the foundation acts nice never mind the weather.
I do become shiny after few hours of wear but nothing serious or problematic. You can pay it off with any paper - even with toilet paper.

The good: stays put, doesn’t oxidize, doesn’t separate, dewy, no pores, even and light
The bad: not transfer free

I do not like the packaging. I wish there was a transparent line somewhere just to see how much foundation is left.

I have the shade B20 which is my transition shade. It is darker than eg Urban Decay Skin 2.0 but lighter than YSL Touché Eclat B40. In range with Guerlain Aqua N2.
Beige-to-yellow, quite neutral. No red pigments noticeable. This is important for me since I have problems with redness on my cheeks.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not a bad foundation, but didn't impress me at all. I have combination skin and occasionally get some peeling here and there, this foundation clung to every little problem area. It does look pretty in the pictures, but definitely can see foundation sitting on the face in the mirror, which isn't the most fabulous look.
Didn't mattify me whatsoever, and I'm not an oily-faced person, just slight oiliness on the T-zone sometimes... and it really oxidized and turned sallow on me after a few hours, which, in my opinion shouldn't be happening with a $50 product. Someone even commented that I look yellow. Definitely requires touch-ups and all that after several hours of wear too.
I did't hate it, and would say it is a very lovely foundation if it was within $20, but at $50- just doesn't perform as well, in my opinion. PerriconeMD's no foundation serum is a thousand times better, this just can't compete.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this!💗 I have been searching for a replacement for my Dolce and Gabanna foundation that is no longer made. This one is even better! I use a good moisturizer and primer and with just a small amount of foundation my skin looks amazing. Lightweight with good coverage. Excellent texture, looks like skin, not a mask. I’m getting so many compliments, I can’t believe it.

on 5/27/2018 5:16:00 PM

SO GOOD. So SO good. I have nothing else to say but SUBLIME. And I have VERY finicky VERY cystic acne-prone skin.

Dry, powdery, incredibly cakey, and absolutely awful despite the application.

I wanted to love this foundation but, sadly, I'm still looking for my "Holy Grail" foundation.

on 4/12/2018 7:56:00 AM

Looks awful on my skin, clings to dry patches, I tried multiple different applications and just couldn't make it work for me

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HOLY GRAIL foundation!!! Even though I have oily skin and rosacea this foundation takes care of it ALL!!! It goes on like velvet, very smooth application with a beauty blender or brush, and leaves a GORGEOUS finish!! And with just one application of this it covered ALL of my moderately bad rosacea!! And with a large fluffy brush press some setting powder into your skin and this will stay all day long and into the night evening!!! You may have to blot if you're very oily, but your foundation will not slip off your face even then!! And your skin will never feel so soft in your life, literally like velvet!!! And even though it is one of the pricier foundations that you can buy, you can get a brand new one on Mercari for anywhere from $20-$35. That is where I got mine, brand new!!!

Get this foundation!! Run, don't walk to your nearest Chanel counter to get color matched, then go home and get the right color on your Mercari app. You can thank me later!!

on 3/25/2018 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this foundation. i have dry skin but it still works like magic. I love the soft focus finish this products leaves on the skin, while stil leaving it looking like skin. The coverage can be build up, I prefer af light coverage for everyday and will use two layers for nights out. It doesn't sink into lines or pores and just leaves your skin looking healthy and flawless. I love the packaging, one of my favorite foundations to travel with, as it's lightweight and travel friendly and just never lets me down. It is heavily fragrance, which I like but if you don't like that or tolerate fragrance, stay clear of this one. I have almost run out of this foundation and will repurchase, even though I find the price tag overly step.I really have nothing bad to say about this product and love pairing it with the Chanel Le Soleil bronzer, a real power couple.

on 3/25/2018 1:13:00 AM

I thought it might be worth taking the time to review this truly exemplary foundation despite my lack of activity on Makeupalley. I say exemplary because brands who have been pushing the liquid to powder technology (NYX Total Control, Shiseido Synchro Lasting etc) have a lot to learn from this product.

The main similarity between this and the other two products mentioned above - the formula is extremely runny and you have to shake it well to mix the powdery pigments + its liquid solution that the pigments are housed in. But that is just about where the similarity ends. In terms of wear and longevity, the Chanel product blows the other two out of the water. Shiseido Synchro ended up a patchy mess for me with most of the product faded and oxidized 2 shades darker. NYX wore slightly better, but it felt tight/dry on my combi skin and exaggerated smile lines. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet looks exactly the same as when i applied it, though i note also oxidising (1 shade darker). The magic of the product is obvious from the time you apply it onto the skin and it sets it apart from anything you've ever used. The runny liquid melts in and sets immediately, becoming part of your skin.

If you are a foundation collector, this one you cannot miss simply because it's so different from anything else in the market. If you have oily to combi skin, and have problems seeking out a product that can last you for many many hours, try this out.

In terms of coverage i was not expecting too much from a runny formula, but it did surprise me. The price point is painful but i did notice this was $10-20 cheaper than their other foundations, and justifies how it performs against other similar priced or cheaper products.

On the flipside, to be completely honest about its flaws - this foundation is probably not suitable for those with extremely dry skin simply because of its formula - you might be better off with something creamier. As i mentioned, this does oxidize. I usually take the second shade in foundations, but for this i went one shade lighter and my decision paid off despite the SA not agreeing. The BEIGE colour range is extremely yellow so it works perfect for me. For anyone else who does not have yellow undertones, please steer away from BEIGE and look at the BEIGE ROSE range.

Lastly, the signature Chanel scent is extremely sharp and pungent for me, though i know there are those who love it. Important to note: Fragrance is never a good thing for sensitive skin. After a single usage, i did find some clogged pores which i attribute to Sodium Chloride in the ingredients (yes, salt is comedogenic). For these reasons i took off a lippie, but for hardier skins, i envy you, because this a foundation that i would keep buying forever if only i could use it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is more for the oily skin. I have combination skin and this dries my face out. It contains alcohol maybe that why...Overall it is not what I was looking for. Will not repurchase.
My Maybeline Matte&Poorless sits much better on the skin without drying my face.