CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by age: 44-55
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 11/19/2018 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For noe, I can say this is my number 2 foundation. I am not a makeup artist, but have spent a good deal trying out differebmnt foundations, mostly high end. This includes some rather obscure but highly regarded brands. I am NC25-ish and shade 30 works well for me. It gives a real medium coverage, buildable to some degree. I like this, as I believe in most cases, medium is sufficient. The finish is satiny matte, which renders it skin like. The lasting power is great - I use this at work and never find the need to re-apply, though I blot out excess oils in my oily t-zone area (my skin is naturally combination- oily) mid-day. No shifting, no piling up on creases. Truly a great performing foundation - definitely outperforms even newer foundation releases. And I get the same outstanding result regardless of how I apply, though I like applying with a wet sponge best. Definitely highly recommended

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I put off trying this foundation for a long time because of the fragrance. I don't like the heavy old lady smell of most Chanel products although this foundation has less scent than others by Chanel. I finally broke down and gave it a try and it has replaced my beloved UD Naked Skin foundation. I usually use 3.25 in UD Naked Skin so I bought the Lumiere Velvet in 22 which matches my light cool/neutral skin perfectly. It does contain alcohol but it does not dry out my skin at all. It also wears even better than the UD Naked Skin.

I love that this is a lightweight foundation. It offers sheer to medium coverage but it does not build up really at all. I don't mind this because I only like a medium coverage foundation because anything heavier will accentuate the texture on my skin. I just use a concealer where needed and it blends seamlessly.

It wears well for up to 12 hours on my normal skin. In the summer I get slightly oily but using a blotting sheet takes care of that. During the winter it wears very will without any need to touch up. I do set it with a loose tinted translucent setting powder to just smooth the t-zone a little.

I do wish there was a cheaper dupe but honestly there is nothing like this available in the US. I have seen a L'Oreal Magic Nude Powder foundation compared to it but that is not available here. It might even be discontinued by now. But seriously there is nothing like this lightweight foundation for smoothing out texture and giving older skin an evened out natural appearance.

on 3/6/2018 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it !! so easy to apply with just fingers which is how Chanel recommends just work fast cuz it does set fairly fast, does not require a setting powder yet it sets to a soft powder finish(velvety). I'm an nc25 in Mac so I wear beige 30, this is just a fast and easy way to wear foundation sometimes less is more. Wish it came in a bottle with a pump and it was a little less expensive but it is Chanel after all.

on 12/27/2017 1:43:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation for now bec. it doesn't look heavy even though it has been applied hurriedly. It feels so light and makes the skin glow and look smooth. Retouching with powder after 2 hours on the T-zone is needed since it doesn't absorb oil that much. I will keep on buying this bec. I have been complimented about how good my skin looks whenever I use this foundation.

on 12/7/2017 10:04:00 AM

Still one of the best foundations out there. If you need more coverage (or higher spf!) it blends beautifully with Chanel CC Cream, mixing a few drops of each before applying; not layering!

on 5/29/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy Grail for my mature (50s) skin. Recommended by Angie from Hot&Flashy and now on my second bottle. It offers just enough coverage and does not emphasis pores or sit in wrinkles. I use a water based primer (Laura Mercier) first and I put it on with fingers. Very easy to work. I think coverage is good but I use a concealer to hide darker pigmentation. It is long lasting with no need for touch ups or blotting but I use Urban Decay setting spray on long days.

Colour choices are not the broadest but I am lucky that 30 Biege suits me. I think, as Chanel is high end, it is very affordable at £32.50. Cheaper than Dior or Armani for example. My Chanticaille Future Skin was £60 but this product had better coverage. And I think it is better - longer lasting and sits on mature skin better - than Laura Mercier Candlight and the Lancôme foundations.

If you do have mature 50+ skin, do watch Angie Hot&Flashy on YouTube as she is excellent with her product reviews.

on 3/1/2017 8:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this foundation. It is easy to work with, dries down nicely into a semi matte finish but your face still looks bright and glowy. It stays on well throughout the day. The coverage is medium and the major plus point about this is that your skin still looks like skin, you never look like you're wearing a mask with this. It works well for mature skin.

on 1/3/2017 11:53:00 AM

Great foundation! I love the feel of my skin after applying this. Never sticky and baby soft. No need to use powder afterwards. The trick is to apply it quite quickly, because it 'dries' rather fast. I am now on my third bottle. Love love love it. I love it even more than Les Beiges and Vitalumière foundation. My HG foundation. Nr. 20 is a very good colour match most of the year, in winter I tend to wear nr. 12.
Update October 14th 2017: Just bought my 4th bottle. Which actually says enough. I rarely rebuy make-up this often. Still loving it!

on 11/5/2016 12:12:00 PM

Went to check out this foundation because of Angie's (Hot & Flashy) love for it! I have mature dry/combo skin. Light to medium, with Neutral undertones. I have some freckles and the occasional blemish (thank you hormones).
I did end up buying it... and so far it's my second favourite foundation (my current love being the Lancome Teint Idole Longwear Foundation Stick - check out my review on that one...)
Here's how it performs for me...
-Very lightweight liquid formula
-Blends easily and quickly, dries quickly too - so don't be slow!
-Fingers work amazingly well for this product - offering the most coverage that way - so maybe good for travel!
-Medium coverage... a second layer can be applied to build to a med-full coverage, but this uses quite a bit of product so may not last long.
-Lovely matte finish(but not overly matte), VERY soft to the touch.
-Didn't have any issue with this settling badly into fine lines and wrinkles, but it did settle ever so slightly into a few pores - just blend blend blend (a primer may help with this too).
-medium staying power, can be lengthened by powder and finishing spray.
-not a large selection of colours, so may be difficult to colour match for some.

Overall I'm pleased with this foundation, I love the texture and finish. It has enough coverage to reduce redness and uneven skin tone, but still lets some freckles show through making your skin look lovely, but still natural. Just as a side note, if I need PERFECT looking skin for a special event, I use this foundation underneath, and the Lancome stick foundation in areas that need a bit more coverage - an amazing combo!!!! :~)

on 9/18/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Definitely agree with the former reviewer, it isnt for normal to dry skin, on me, it looked unnatural, and marked every little line, and it set very fast once you apply.....I agree that most of the beige colors are too yellow..mind you it s the same with Dior, I don't get why those big brands cannot offer neutral beige Colors!? Glad I got a sample, I knew it was better suited for combination to oily,,try that on before you buy !!