CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by age: 36-43
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 10/12/2018 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation, especially after reading reviews, but I was dissapointed. I bought this in no.30 (medium light tan skin with yellow undertones, usually NC30) color match was great. It applied silky and had a soft finish, smelled amazing and it made my skin look nice at first. I would say medium coverage at most. I even used the Chanel Les Beiges Sheer Glow powder to set it, however within a few hours at work in an office desk job my makeup had worn off in areas and looked somewhat patchy. I tried it another day, and by noon I looked in the mirror and my face looked oily and shiny- I don’t even have oily skin, so that was really strange. Sadly it’s going back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HOLY GRAIL foundation!!! Even though I have oily skin and rosacea this foundation takes care of it ALL!!! It goes on like velvet, very smooth application with a beauty blender or brush, and leaves a GORGEOUS finish!! And with just one application of this it covered ALL of my moderately bad rosacea!! And with a large fluffy brush press some setting powder into your skin and this will stay all day long and into the night evening!!! You may have to blot if you're very oily, but your foundation will not slip off your face even then!! And your skin will never feel so soft in your life, literally like velvet!!! And even though it is one of the pricier foundations that you can buy, you can get a brand new one on Mercari for anywhere from $20-$35. That is where I got mine, brand new!!!

Get this foundation!! Run, don't walk to your nearest Chanel counter to get color matched, then go home and get the right color on your Mercari app. You can thank me later!!

on 3/25/2018 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this foundation. i have dry skin but it still works like magic. I love the soft focus finish this products leaves on the skin, while stil leaving it looking like skin. The coverage can be build up, I prefer af light coverage for everyday and will use two layers for nights out. It doesn't sink into lines or pores and just leaves your skin looking healthy and flawless. I love the packaging, one of my favorite foundations to travel with, as it's lightweight and travel friendly and just never lets me down. It is heavily fragrance, which I like but if you don't like that or tolerate fragrance, stay clear of this one. I have almost run out of this foundation and will repurchase, even though I find the price tag overly step.I really have nothing bad to say about this product and love pairing it with the Chanel Le Soleil bronzer, a real power couple.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is more for the oily skin. I have combination skin and this dries my face out. It contains alcohol maybe that why...Overall it is not what I was looking for. Will not repurchase.
My Maybeline Matte&Poorless sits much better on the skin without drying my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Perfection in a practical bottle.

on 11/8/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It took 2 weeks for me to figure out how best to use this, but once I did, it was love!! I use NO primer and NO setting powder. On moisturized skin, I simply apply with a dry beauty blender. It looks natural and lasts my entire workday. I have over 40 normal skin/slight oily in T zone with lots of hyperpigmentation. Two passes will cover those areas.

on 4/30/2017 11:01:00 PM

Absolutely excellent liquid foundation. Perfect for combination skins, but very oily would likely need a suitable primer or powder over top. Velvety finish just like a second skin and feels completely weightless. People do write about it having a fragrance but I've actually never really noticed it - I do use a few Chanel products so maybe that's why. Despite the matte finish my skin still looks luminous. Highly recommend for those wanting a natural look with coverage. If you've got problem skin and still like lighter foundations, you'll need concealer for those areas, but you can still build this foundation pretty easily and get an easy medium coverage. Will cling to dry patches, so follow your normal moisturising routine and for best results, press into skin using a beauty blender. Finger tips work equally well, but I've found using a beauty blender produces the best results. Have been using everyday since it was released here, so for a few years now. Love it, love it, love it!

on 11/9/2016 3:59:00 PM

My HG!!! Don't seats in fine lines, not cakey at all. I have combination to oily skin with large pores and this beauty doesn't emphasize my pores!!! Don't need use powder on the top of it. I do use tiny touch of Laura Mercier translucent setting powder for my oily T-zone when I'm working long hours (over 12).
Overall seamless and weightless everyday foundation!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

At first, I had mixed feelings about this foundation. This is one of those very watery foundations where you have to shake the bottle and apply it with your fingers. This foundation takes some skill to apply it.

First, use your fingers. You will get a better result with fingers because this foundation is extremely lightweight and when applying it with a brush, it basically vanishes to nothing! With a brush, you will get very sheer coverage.

Another thing to consider is the speed in which you need to apply this foundation. It does glide on amazingly smooth but it dries in lightening speed! I find that this dries so fast, I don't even have time to place dots all over and blend. I have to work in sections. For instance, put two dots on one cheek and blend it out with your fingers. Move to your other cheek, etc.

Another mistake I made was to set this with powder. Because I'm oily, it's just habit to set everything. Some foundations, I have to use two powders to set it to avoid looking like a grease pit. DON'T USE POWDER WITH THIS FOUNDATION. The key word in the name is "Velvet" and I should have picked up on that. I got a crazy cake face look when I used powder to set this. I find this foundation works best if you just leave it be. The problem with that is if you're oily, you will see oils coming through as the day goes by. It's best to use blotting papers or napkins to soak up oil instead of using a powder.

After fixing my mistakes, I started to enjoy this foundation. I would still consider this a light coverage foundation even when applying with fingers. I love using this on casual days when I just want minimal makeup. I would never reach for this for events but if you already have great skin that is normal, I think it will be fine for a night out. I also love that this doesn't oxidize on me. In fact, the color stayed true during an hour of spin!

As for shade selection, Chanel foundations lean neutral cool imo. The only shade that works for me is 40 with all Chanel foundations. It's not a spot on match, it could use a little bit more yellow but it still works. For reference, I'm medium olive skinned/NC40.

Lastly, I do try to experiment with Chanel foundations because it seems to be a safe brand for my skin. I'm very reactive and acne prone to ingredients and Chanel foundations never cause any problems for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation even though it's priced at $48 dollars- which I don't mind spending since product goes all over my face. I have combo skin- oily in t-zone area. I apply this foundation with fingertips as suggested, since it helps warm the product for smoother & quicker application. I do prefer this foundation over Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua,hands down. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet is incredible on my skin! It's nicely packaged in a sleek black hard plastic bottle-which I prefer over glass. The foundation is water based, has a light scent, coverage is light to medium, blends beautifully into skin quickly, & leaves your face with a light matte finish- not a dull matte finish.. Finally, I found the most perfect foundation for me- definitely worth trying. Chanel does give generous product samples, which sales associates place in a nice glass jar for you!