CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by age: 30-35
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 9/24/2018 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Did not work for my oily skin, very disappointing as the reviews seem good. Used the Chanel blanc de chanel base underneath and it lasted less than 3 hours before I started looking like a greaseball. I would not recommend this foundation for oily skins.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not a bad foundation, but didn't impress me at all. I have combination skin and occasionally get some peeling here and there, this foundation clung to every little problem area. It does look pretty in the pictures, but definitely can see foundation sitting on the face in the mirror, which isn't the most fabulous look.
Didn't mattify me whatsoever, and I'm not an oily-faced person, just slight oiliness on the T-zone sometimes... and it really oxidized and turned sallow on me after a few hours, which, in my opinion shouldn't be happening with a $50 product. Someone even commented that I look yellow. Definitely requires touch-ups and all that after several hours of wear too.
I did't hate it, and would say it is a very lovely foundation if it was within $20, but at $50- just doesn't perform as well, in my opinion. PerriconeMD's no foundation serum is a thousand times better, this just can't compete.

on 3/25/2018 1:13:00 AM

I thought it might be worth taking the time to review this truly exemplary foundation despite my lack of activity on Makeupalley. I say exemplary because brands who have been pushing the liquid to powder technology (NYX Total Control, Shiseido Synchro Lasting etc) have a lot to learn from this product.

The main similarity between this and the other two products mentioned above - the formula is extremely runny and you have to shake it well to mix the powdery pigments + its liquid solution that the pigments are housed in. But that is just about where the similarity ends. In terms of wear and longevity, the Chanel product blows the other two out of the water. Shiseido Synchro ended up a patchy mess for me with most of the product faded and oxidized 2 shades darker. NYX wore slightly better, but it felt tight/dry on my combi skin and exaggerated smile lines. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet looks exactly the same as when i applied it, though i note also oxidising (1 shade darker). The magic of the product is obvious from the time you apply it onto the skin and it sets it apart from anything you've ever used. The runny liquid melts in and sets immediately, becoming part of your skin.

If you are a foundation collector, this one you cannot miss simply because it's so different from anything else in the market. If you have oily to combi skin, and have problems seeking out a product that can last you for many many hours, try this out.

In terms of coverage i was not expecting too much from a runny formula, but it did surprise me. The price point is painful but i did notice this was $10-20 cheaper than their other foundations, and justifies how it performs against other similar priced or cheaper products.

On the flipside, to be completely honest about its flaws - this foundation is probably not suitable for those with extremely dry skin simply because of its formula - you might be better off with something creamier. As i mentioned, this does oxidize. I usually take the second shade in foundations, but for this i went one shade lighter and my decision paid off despite the SA not agreeing. The BEIGE colour range is extremely yellow so it works perfect for me. For anyone else who does not have yellow undertones, please steer away from BEIGE and look at the BEIGE ROSE range.

Lastly, the signature Chanel scent is extremely sharp and pungent for me, though i know there are those who love it. Important to note: Fragrance is never a good thing for sensitive skin. After a single usage, i did find some clogged pores which i attribute to Sodium Chloride in the ingredients (yes, salt is comedogenic). For these reasons i took off a lippie, but for hardier skins, i envy you, because this a foundation that i would keep buying forever if only i could use it.

on 12/12/2016 2:41:00 AM

Two years ago when I was passing Chanel counter the lady there suggested this foundation for me. I was struggling to find my skin color match at that time and my skin was going through a rough time. Anyway she convinced me to buy this one and she chose the color for me as she described it to be the "perfect match". The formula of this foundation is really runny and you have to shake it every time before using it. Anyway I was sold on and head over heels in love with it. But that didn't last for a long time. I was going out the other day and decided to use it. I applied to my face and I noticed that the color was dark for me I don't know how to describe it but my face looked dark rosy. When I got into my car I looked again into the mirror and I could see every pore, fine line, dry patch. It was awful it oxides after just a little while and sat on my face like a greasy paste. I have to say that I liked the packaging it looked fancy and classy.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Holy Grail status!!!! I have combination skin. This foundation makes my skin appear airbrushed, poreless, luminous in a healthy non greasy way. I applied it with real techniques sponge.
The only thing is that is not matte but semi matte.
So my oily friends, you need to prep your skin. I have used it with lancome vissionaire primer (the blue bottle) and friends and strangers have complimented my skin. Also for powder, I paired it with Guerlain meteorites, and let me tell you is a match made in heaven. Give the foundation a try!

This is a light buildable to medium coverage. It's those water type foundations, very thin but good coverage payoff. Every high end brand seems to sell this type of foundation. It has a matte finish which sets really fast, almost immediately. You can't really do a second layer since its dries so fast. The staying power I find is ok, about 5 hours until it wears. But I've never been a fan of these water thin type foundations, I feel like it's too thin and sheer to do anything. I would say this is more suitable for oily skin because it has a good matte finish. For dry skins, stay away. I got this in shade 20, it has more of a neutral grey undertone, would of loved it if it was more yellow. I'm nc 20. It comes in a shaker ball bottle. $77 AUD.

on 7/2/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really great foundation for combination to oily skin. It is oil controlling. It leaves a nice matte finish that doesn't look dry. Chanel has really great foundations. This one has a water like texture to it. A little goes a long way, and I love how it makes my skin look. It isn't a flat matte either, it has a bit of radiance to it, but in a healthy way - not a glowy look. I have purchased this foundation many times. It works extremely well for my skin, and doesn't look heavy at all. Perfect for summer! Make sure you shake the bottle every time!

This gives me a beautiful finish to the skin. It softens the look of texture on the skin, pores and brightens up the skin in a natural way. Coverage can be build up to nearly full with light layers. Lasting power is good, lasted on my combination skin for 5 hours before I see some oil seeping through my T-zone. The foundation doesn't lift off when I blot my face with a tissue paper. Will need to touch up with powder after 7-8 hours as the foundation will gradually wear off. It is overall a nice and lasting foundation, it makes me look fresh for most of the time.

on 5/26/2016 10:01:00 AM

I didn't know this existed so had been using the Vitalumiere, which is amazing when you apply it but a nightmare for oily skin. I bought this by chance when the duty free shop had run out of the vitalumiere.

It's light, enough coverage and lasts on oily skin. I would recommend using the Chanel Solution 10 as they seem to work perfectly to keep skin matt and looking lovely. It doesn't cover acne scars, so you will definitely need a concealer but it will cover lighter scars and doesn't sink into pores or wrinkles. I've been using it for about 2 months now and have had no breakouts.

I also actually love the packaging as it's small and light and easy to carry around without fear of breaking.

on 12/22/2015 8:37:00 AM

Me gusta mucho el acabado de esta base.Deja un aspecto muy liso en la piel , muy natural y todo y que mi piel es bastante propensa a revelar brillos en mi zona T, consigue aprobar sus 7-8 horas ..a partir de ahí hay que retocar un poco.
Sin duda repetiré
Ademas el tono ( en mi caso el 30) lo veo bastante neutro, cosa que con muchas bases es una autentica agonia porque o son rosas o amirillas muy claramente.