CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by age: 25-29
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

I bought this because the HD Forever make up I recently found and love is just a bit too heavy for summer, and I watched the "Hot and Flashy" youtube where this was the Holy Grail of All Foundations. Long story short: I love this foundation. It's relatively light and sheer for a medium-coverage foundation. It's not buildable, and my nose after the summer of beach and waves is a mess, so what I eventually did was use this for all over my face (after moisturizer), let it set, then take a large round foundation brush and pat the HD Forever foundation into my nose. THIS is the Holy Grail. I would never have done this on purpose because of the expense, but since I already had the HD Forever that was *kind of* working and had hoped to replace it with this, that means I effectively now have double of each if that makes sense. I will cry when they're both gone.

The good:

1. This is really a fantastic foundation. It's sheer with a beautiful finish, and leaves my 50 year-old skin looking like me-but-better. With the HD Forever on my nose after this, my skin and face looks like it did 15 years ago. If I add the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer and the Hourglass Ambient Blush, I don't need any other makeup except a little mascara and a touch of lipgloss

2. It goes on just as well with fingertips and with a makeup brush

3. I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation--for the first time in decades I might add. It's really cool to feel as if I'm out in public bare-faced. I guess it's like mature-skin BB creme or something.

4. Unlike others I haven't noticed any oxidizing, and it stays put and is still on at the end of the day (unlike the HD Forever or any others which I do have to re-apply)

5. Much less transfer onto my phone than other foundations

The bad:

1. It is definitely not buildable. What you initially get from the first application is what you should stick with.
Don't get me wrong--it's fantastic. Just relatively light-medium light coverage.

2. The consistency is watery. It's really hard to get used to this. For the life of me I can't use a foundation brush with it, but that's OK because it works great with fingers. However, getting it to stay on one or two fingertips is kind of impossible, and you have to apply it fast because of this wateriness thing.

3. The packaging is ridiculous. With the watery consistency, then having to turn it upside down to squeeze it out of an opaque container, I must have wasted $15 of the product in the first week trying to figure out how to get the product-dispensing correct. I still hate it. Ironically, if the HD Forever makeup that I DO need to reapply came in this packaging, I think I would love it because I could throw the little squirt bottle (it even has a lid that stays put!) in my purse. However, this lasts all day and isn't buildable, so there is really no need to re-apply, so I don't need an easy-squeeze bottle in my purse or anything. So the packaging and watery consistency just remains irritating as heck.

Bottom line: An awesome, awesome sheer foundation, but I do augment it with a little extra coverage HD Forever on my nose.

on 7/13/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the most beautiful foundations I came across.
I have oily skin, sensitive, dried-out skin. Usually I have pimples and acne, but now they are more or less tamed. I believe it is due to Emu Oil and Salcura Antiac. I recommend both if you struggle with adult acne.

The foundation is very easy to apply, spread and buff. I find it to be really stress-free when it comes to its application.

It sets Demi-matte, but very velvet smooth. It fills up all my pores making my skin look baby soft. It covers minor redness, but offers medium coverage, no more.
It is not transfer free (have to clean up my phone each time) but it stays put during whole day. I do not have to reapply it.
Currently it’s 30 degC here and sometimes it’s very humid and rainy and the foundation acts nice never mind the weather.
I do become shiny after few hours of wear but nothing serious or problematic. You can pay it off with any paper - even with toilet paper.

The good: stays put, doesn’t oxidize, doesn’t separate, dewy, no pores, even and light
The bad: not transfer free

I do not like the packaging. I wish there was a transparent line somewhere just to see how much foundation is left.

I have the shade B20 which is my transition shade. It is darker than eg Urban Decay Skin 2.0 but lighter than YSL Touché Eclat B40. In range with Guerlain Aqua N2.
Beige-to-yellow, quite neutral. No red pigments noticeable. This is important for me since I have problems with redness on my cheeks.

on 4/12/2018 7:56:00 AM

Looks awful on my skin, clings to dry patches, I tried multiple different applications and just couldn't make it work for me

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful foundation. I wear this when I want lighter coverage from Chanel’s le teint ultra tenue. Leaves you with flawless, poreless, not-too-matte skin and lasts all day, even without powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have worn this for a couple of days and I'm still undecided... I am about NC20 and in this B20, not sure if this oxidises a bit. It doesn't last very long, but I really like that it looks like second skin - can look cakey though if too much layers applied. I know that chanel is compared a lot to Bourjois healthy mix but having tried both, Bourjois is definitely not a dupe. Bourjois is more moisturising and definitely look like you're wearing foundation - not that second skin look.

Update: I gave this one more lippie, I've grown to love this. I even got compliments that I got nice skin. So obviously it does make my my skin look NATURALLY great if people can't tell that I am wearing foundation. I got ice pick scars on my skin and some uneven skin tone. I appreciate that the easiness and quick application of this, just fingers. I can get away with not wearing concealer and powder on top to mattify my skin. The drawback is that the wear time is not great, my oil starts to peek through after maybe 4 hours, so it doesn't last for a full work day. But having said that I do not touch up, I just blot to get rid of the oil. At the end of work day, there is still foundation left on my skin, evident when I'm removing my makeup at the end of the day. It fades uniformly, so no weird patches. This foundation won't cover if you have active pimples or prominent hyper pigmentation, so in other words suitable for good skin days and for everyday type foundation purpose. For an event, I would prefer something with a bit more coverage and longer lasting.

on 12/7/2017 2:08:00 PM

I only tried the sample and this is something that i wish i loved but unfortunately i didnt. Its too drying and i have combo oily skin. It makes my nose look very powdery/ flakey and acccentuates my dry patches and acne. If you have discoloration and is looking for a quick foundation to put on this would be good fit. This would be very nice as a one step foundation (no need setting with powder) for somebody who has a great moisturizing primer. i am nw20 in mac maybelline 120 classic ivory and i tried this in b20 which is a bit yellow for me. I should have tried the b22. Smell didnt bother me just the feel and look of it was a lot more powdery(un-natural) than i expected.

Edit- i caved in and gave this another shot. This time around i had purchased the beige rose 22 shade which was a seamless perfect match. I have to admit i love this now. I am someone who gets put off by liquid foundations and to my surprise this actually works better than my powders. Its formula sort of turns liquid to soft powder, if that makes sense. It looks natural and velvetty. Somedays I can dab a little and touch up with this and it still blended in great so its layerable. I dab this on and blend with a flat top brush working it in sections since this can dry quickly. Also shake bottle up and down gently without cap but with fingers on the tip. I learned this from a sa of chanel.

The difference from last time was that my acne has cleared and no longer using benzoyl peroxide so my skin is not as dry. It feels so light as if im not wearing anything. I have to say i think this would suit those who have oily skin but not ones who are suffering from acne or very dry skin, it will accentuate those patches. This suits me a lottt better than a couple of months ago. I was putting on too much from the sample packet with my fingers which was not a fair review, plus the color did not match either.

I wore this for 8 hours and i didnt have to blot. I have oily tzones that get shiney within 2 hours(le beige line makes me so greasy i had to switch to this!) and this
Is truly impressive. Its amazing. It did fade a little bit but i didnt expect it to stay on well since its so thin. But def still looks good. This is hg status aslong as it dont break me out! Will update as i keep experimenting with this.

2 month update - been having dry skin so this def needs a primer underneath. I still enjoy this foundation but i dont think id repurchase. This foundation has been my gateway of wearing foundations. I never use to like wearing anything on my face other than blush but since trying this i want to venture out and try other ones out there!

on 11/24/2016 9:38:00 AM

Though I am 29 years old, but I bought this foundation according to Hot and Flashy Youtuber which is in her 50's.
It is not that good really. The main thing is that is emphasizes the size of my pores, no matter if I apply it lightly or heavily (I apply with beauty blender). Also the setting make things even worse (for that I use Chanel poudre universelle which itself is really good), after that my skin look porous. From a distance it would look ok, but no one buys a foundation only for that reason :)

I do not recommend this product, Vitalumiere aqua worked way better! Dont know if I'll repurchase VA because of the high alcohol content in it :(

on 10/12/2016 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation after watching many reviews on YouTube . Chanel advises that it is
Good for combo to oily skin with natural vlvrt finish.

My experience : as Chanel claims .. the foundation has very sheer coverage . There is a difference between natural finish and sheer coverage . This has a sheer coverage and will only enhance the natural glow of your skin. It is very liquity, very light on the skin and it dries very very quickly upon allocation . A little does not go a long way... and if you want to layer it to obtain further coverage, you'll be out of foundation very quickly .
The price is more affordable than other Chanel foundations . I bought it for 38 us dls in a duty free in Miami.
I have. Wet oily skin with large pores. I like the effect it leaves on a he skin upon application, however it doesn't last more than 5 hours on the skin even if powdered. I don't honk there is a foundation that can't stop oil from coming out of the skint but this one do zero to delay the oil on the face . I have to use blot papers after one hour of applying it .
Personally, this foundation good be better for someone with normal skin, no imperfections and who just one a healthy glow on the skin .

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually love this foundation. It dries to a matt finish and just looks silky smooth on my skin. It's a light foundation feels like liquid and drys to a matt finish. I took my friend to Chanel just so she can try it and she bought it and was amazed by it too.

on 8/19/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh this is my dream foundation with the smell, the finish, the velvety but not dead matte feel, but it only lasts 2 hours. I mean, doesn't really go away, but that dreamy perfect look disappears after that. I could do with 4 hours but 2 is shorter than a movie. Tried it with some primers and also retouched with chanel powder but this looks best right after you put it on. If they could last this look whole day, i would wear it forever.