3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

Gorgeous gorgeous finish with enough coverage to smooth uneven coloration but not look mask like. I’m roughly NC35/C4 and shade 5 is perfect on me. A better match than F&B actually, and a more natural finish. I also find it wears longer throughout the day. One lippie off for the faint but unpleasant old lady-ish fragrance. It does fade though. My skin is mature, dry, with some uneven pigmentation.

About reviewer (472 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

3 months ago

I find the Charlotte Tillsbury ' brand very overrated...I have tried many of her products , and I haven't been very impressed...this foundation is light, and my skin isn't really looking better using it..it isnt snything special, and I just don't get why it rates so high when really it isn't anything outstanding...light, natural looking, it isn't bad, but for the price, you would expect more...it isn't very hydrating, it is just ok.

About reviewer (288 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

3.0

3 months ago

I have mature, dry skin and on the hunt for a foundation with medium coverage that blurs over pores and textured skin. This foundation is definitely sheer coverage which I don’t mind if it has a nice blurring effect. This one is definitely barely there or “no foundation” look. I find it goes on nicely and feels hydrating but even after a half hour, it still feels tacky. Then, when I took off my glasses to get a closer look, the foundation was completely gone under the eyeglass pads. Now I do find this with other foundations after a workout or after sweating. But not right after I put it on. That’s a no-go for me. I can’t imagine this lasting long if it doesn’t dry down and transfers so easily. This one is going in the hand-me-down bag for my daughter. Maybe it’ll work better for her.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

1.0

7 months ago

I wanted to love this, and I did for a little while. But I revisited it again this summer and the formula made me break out in a huge rash. I’m not sure if it had gone bad, or I became allergic to it but in 2 days of use, I had a rash and some cystic pimples (which I NEVER get) up and down my cheeks and neck and a little on my forehead. I just threw all the foundation products out and will never repurchase.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGray

8 months ago

I am back on the foundation train! After going a while without foundation, I started swimming, and my skin started getting more blotchy as a result. I wanted to cover it up. After seeing glowing reviews, I decided to try out this foundation, and it quickly became a favorite. It manages to cover up my redness while being a light coverage, and the end results make my skin look flawless. People kept asking what I was doing to keep my skin looking so fresh and glowy. I don't know how well this would work on oily skin, but if you're dry or normal this is absolutely perfect.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

2.0

8 months ago

Luckily for me I got given some testers, would never buy this! Absolutely adored the formulation but it did not last a minute once I left the house. Shame because I love how my skin looked with it on, it was sheer and slight coverage perfect for summer.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

9 months ago

Just to get this out of the way: If you have oily skin, don't bother with this. It won't work for you. I also don't recommend it if you have bad skin with lots of blemishes or blotches you want to cover. Now, for those of you with fairly even skin that is normal to dry, and ESPECIALLY those of you who are over 50 with very dry skin, this is definitely worth getting. It's really important as we age to not wear really heavy foundations as they are quite aging, and so this foundation really hits all the right marks in that regard. The coverage is sheer but buildable up to a sheer/medium. Because of the sheerness, the colors are very forgiving and you don't have to worry about getting an exact color match. I got shade 4, which doesn't quite match my undertone but will be my perfect summer color, and in the fall I plan to get shade 3. The finish is fairly dewy. Even though my skin is dry, I set it with a VERY faint dusting of Laura Mercier loose powder. I'm afraid it would melt off my skin if I didn't set it. It does not settle into fine lines, and it leaves my skin feeling super hydrated and comfortable. In fact, it is so hydrating that I've been able to go back to using Nars creamy concealer with it. I had stopped using that Nars concealer because I found it really dried out my under-eye area and accentuated under-eye lines when used with my other foundations, but this Charlotte Tilbury foundation is so emollient that the Nars concealer suddenly works well and just glides on. If you are looking for a heavy foundation that gives you a really polished look, then this is not for you, but if you have pretty good skin and want something light that will give you a healthy glow, check this stuff out!

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Other

a year ago

Dewy, light coverage. Looks skinlike, not cakey. Lasts all day for me, though I do set with powder. I wear Light 3 (NW15, Fenty 150). It's a good match if not slightly too pink, but it seems that all her fair end foundations run on the cool side of neutral. Comes in a plastic squeeze tube, which is practical although one might expect more from a luxury brand. Priced in the middle within the range of other high end foundations. Spf of 15 is a bonus, though i do wear sunscreen underneath as a primer. A solid foundation and one I would not hesitate to repurchase.

About reviewer (196 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

a year ago

I bought it on CultBeauty after a thorough online research and my match is spot-on. The shade Fair 1 is perfect for my NC15 skin. At first it may look a little too pale, but then it oxidizes slightly and matches my skin colour well. It’s truly neutral. Not yellow and not pink. The coverage is medium. It feels very pleasant upon application: like a luxe, creamy moisturizer, although the consistency is rather runny. It doesn’t have that siliconey feeling of evaporating in a nanosecond, before you finish spreading it on your face (I’m talking to you, Chanel Le Teint Ultra Tenue). It evens out my skin tone and looks very natural, not flat, giving me that „my skin but better” effect. Did not break me out. I also haven’t noticed any strong, unpleasant scent, that other reviewers pointed out. I surely will repurchase this when I finish my first tube.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

EyesHazel

a year ago

This is a lovely foundation for dry and/or aging skin. This is very lightweight yet the coverage it does impart leaves skin looking flawless. If more coverage is needed or desired, it mixes very well with heavier foundations that call for a little more life. This is beautifully dewy and hydrating.

About reviewer (497 reviews)

Age44-55