Bourjois Java Rice Smoothing & Setting Powder

Bourjois Java Rice Smoothing & Setting Powder
Java Rice Smoothing & Setting PowderJava Rice Smoothing & Setting Powder

MICA, SILICA, TALC, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), BORON NITRIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, p-ANISIC ACID, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), POTASSIUM SORBATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) STARCH, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CI77492 (IRON OXIDES), LAUROYL LYSINE, CI 75470 (CARMINE), HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, TIN OXIDE, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, EUGENOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, EVERNIA PRUNASTRI EXTRACT, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, AMYL CINNAMAL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, ROSE EXTRACT, 12BMT010-1

on 4/10/2018 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally bought this after being intrigued by it for a long time.. at first I thought it was too sparkly but it’s actually quite beautiful. You need to apply this with a very fluffy brush - obviously if you use a dense brush it’ll be very glittery. Packaging is great and dispenses enough product, not messy, but if it’s flying around your bag with the inner cover open it will get everywhere. All in all a really nice fine mulled powder with a subtle glow. Love it! I just found out this was discontinued so I may go purchase the last container of this at the store.

on 3/26/2018 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Looks like Tinkerbell crapped on my face. Underwhelmed.

on 3/2/2018 4:42:00 AM

Are there two different formulas or has it changed?

I first bought a pot of this a few years back, when it was announced as a limited edition. The pot was green. The powder of that version has a pinkish shade and it's not very glittery.
Just recently I bought a new one. Dark blue pot, and the powder is more yellowish (yay!) but also noticeably more glittery.

I use it to "set" my foundation. This is not a setting powder but I'm not after a matte look. Quite the opposite. I want my foundation to stay put but I do not want it turning cakey, which I find that setting powders tend to do with every foundation.

I like the fine glitter but to be honest, the earlier version was perhaps better in this regard. I'm getting used to the glitter in the new one but it may just be a bit too much. It's great on good skin days but not so great when my skin is breaking out. This is not a highlighter, the glitter is enough for an all-over glow but not dense enough to spot highlighting. Quite like Guerlain Meteorites, except more glittery.

on 2/10/2018 9:13:00 AM

Super quality. This is produced by same factory producing Chanel makeup!

on 2/10/2018 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really nice powder, I use this to set my under eye concealer. Don't know if I would use to set the face as it has a definite shimmer. Great dupe for Laura mercier secret brightening powder.

on 1/28/2017 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

All time favorite! This powder is so finely milled and so little goes so far. Some say there is not much powder here for the money but I disagree. I have spent way more for way less and it was not nearly as good as Bourjois. Perhaps I am a bit one sided when it comes to the Bourjois line of makeup but I really do find it to of excellent quality and still affordable compared to even drug store brands. This can be used as a setting powder but I use it very lightly on my upper cheek bones and across my jaw line. It brightens up my face and lets the light in around my eyes especially. I love the vintage tin it is in too. Way to shine Bourjois. I hope you never change.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this powder due to the soft feel it has on your skin, courtesy of the talc. Talc is also good at absorbing moisture, however this powder will definitely make you look shiny. And quite glittery. And quite white-faced if not applied sparringly. Gave one of these to a friend and she used up the whole thing a lot quicker than myself. According to her it's a good powder, and I can report that it does seem to have decent fixing power.
Bit pricey for the amount you're getting, but in my experience you use it sparringly and you'll have it for months.

on 5/17/2016 6:50:00 AM

I'm starting to feel that Bourjois doesn't do a shade range suitable enough for Asian skin tone. I use this powder after my concealer, just under my eyes. It is very shimmery and have a pink tone to it. I bought this product because I like their packaging and saw that it was their limited edition celebrating their 150 years in the business. Their package is cute but very small - which I didn't mind but was quite surprised when first received it from Sephora. If there is a system such as "return" products here, I would consider returning it. I do not recommend this for Asian skin. It didn't do much at all.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This powder just makes me happy.

It's absolutely not what I was expecting - it's effectively a highlighter more than anything else, and very shimmery - but the packaging is so beautiful, and so eminently grab-able that it makes me happy just to have it. It does also look good on the collarbone area.
Be warned, though, it's very shiny.

on 5/2/2016 4:32:00 AM

Didnt actually use it.bought it and took it back when i realized how little product there was for such a price.lovely package though