Bourjois Java rice powder

Bourjois Java rice powder
Java rice powder

4.1

MICA, SILICA, TALC, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), BORON NITRIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, p-ANISIC ACID, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), POTASSIUM SORBATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) STARCH, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CI77492 (IRON OXIDES), LAUROYL LYSINE, CI 75470 (CARMINE), HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, TIN OXIDE, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, EUGENOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, EVERNIA PRUNASTRI EXTRACT, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, AMYL CINNAMAL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, ROSE EXTRACT, 12BMT010-1

on 1/28/2017 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

All time favorite! This powder is so finely milled and so little goes so far. Some say there is not much powder here for the money but I disagree. I have spent way more for way less and it was not nearly as good as Bourjois. Perhaps I am a bit one sided when it comes to the Bourjois line of makeup but I really do find it to of excellent quality and still affordable compared to even drug store brands. This can be used as a setting powder but I use it very lightly on my upper cheek bones and across my jaw line. It brightens up my face and lets the light in around my eyes especially. I love the vintage tin it is in too. Way to shine Bourjois. I hope you never change.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this powder due to the soft feel it has on your skin, courtesy of the talc. Talc is also good at absorbing moisture, however this powder will definitely make you look shiny. And quite glittery. And quite white-faced if not applied sparringly. Gave one of these to a friend and she used up the whole thing a lot quicker than myself. According to her it's a good powder, and I can report that it does seem to have decent fixing power.
Bit pricey for the amount you're getting, but in my experience you use it sparringly and you'll have it for months.

on 3/23/2016 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw this in the shop one day as a special retro edition an was attracted to the cute packaging. When I started using this powder (which comes in only one transparant shade) I was soo happy with it! It has tiny shimmering particles in it. It's great as an undereye setting powder but van also be used for your whole face for that glowy, healthy look. So sad they discontinued this, I will cry when mine is empty :((

on 5/2/2016 4:32:00 AM

Didnt actually use it.bought it and took it back when i realized how little product there was for such a price.lovely package though

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This powder just makes me happy.

It's absolutely not what I was expecting - it's effectively a highlighter more than anything else, and very shimmery - but the packaging is so beautiful, and so eminently grab-able that it makes me happy just to have it. It does also look good on the collarbone area.
Be warned, though, it's very shiny.

on 5/17/2016 6:50:00 AM

I'm starting to feel that Bourjois doesn't do a shade range suitable enough for Asian skin tone. I use this powder after my concealer, just under my eyes. It is very shimmery and have a pink tone to it. I bought this product because I like their packaging and saw that it was their limited edition celebrating their 150 years in the business. Their package is cute but very small - which I didn't mind but was quite surprised when first received it from Sephora. If there is a system such as "return" products here, I would consider returning it. I do not recommend this for Asian skin. It didn't do much at all.

I have had this for awhile and have used it on only a handful of occasions; I used it again today and wanted to write a review on my impressions. This powder is a very soft pink shimmery powder with a subtle scent that fades with time. It is rice based which is what gives it's ability to absorb oil. It doesn't seem to cling to dry patches which is a must as I have normal to dry skin. I think it could be used all over for a subtle glow or just where you want to highlight which would be definitely subtle. The packaging is really nice. It does not come with an applicator so you will have to have a favorite brush to apply this. It's worth a try for anyone looking for a powder like this.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this to set under my eyes and I love it! I use my MUFE HD translucent pressed powder elsewhere. This brightens up my under eye area really well, is cheap and lasts for ages. A really nice powder and finally one that suits drier skins too!

The perfect setting powder for me- and I've tried many! When applied lightly (I use a small kabuki brush) it mattifies and sets makeup well but leaves a subtle, natural looking glow. It gives a soft focus effect. It could double up as a highlighter if applied more liberally but I use it daily for setting and pair with a more noticeable highlighter (Nars Albatross). The scent may not be to all tastes but I find it pleasant in a pretty, vintage way. Packaging works well and holds a deceptive amount of product- I'd expected to run out quickly but this hasn't been a problem at all. I'm going to repurchase and would recommend to anyone.

on 3/14/2016 11:12:00 AM

I picked up this powder by mistake. I wanted a universal powder that wouldn't give any colour, but would just mattify. When I discovered this in fact had a very sparkly finish I was pleased - I hoped it would mean it would provide more of a dewy coverage.
But this powder is just blah. It doesn’t really do anything. It doesn’t work as a highlighter either, you need to really layer it up to feel like it’s had any impact on your skin, then you end up looking really pale. Then lo and behold a few hours later it’s gone anyway. Big miss. I just layer it thickly over my Maybelline tattoo on my eyes now as it gives them a subtle sparkle.
Pluses: the packaging is pretty and I really liked the smell, which is flowery and subtle.