Kat Von D Prayer

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One of my favourite, best-performing lipsticks. I've tried another Studded Kiss (Mercy) and was not impressed by the glitter, dry look and uneven lasting power. Prayer is different. It is a dryer lipstick, but it works. It's an absolutely gorgeous matte plummy purple that adds a flattering pop without overwhelming. I have very pale yellow-toned skin and dark hair and the shade looks amazing. The lasting power is very good and is one of the few that stays on somewhat evenly after eating and drinking. If you apply lightly, it becomes almost a matte stain. If more heavily, it has a cream matte lasting lipstick look. Exfoliation beforehand helps the appearance, but I don't find it makes my lips look too dry. My only complaint is that the cap continuously comes off in my purse. My tube of Mercy didn't have this issue and apparently this is fixed? My new tube also is prone to coming off. Small price to pay for this awesome shade and formula. If you're curious about Kat Von D's Studded Kiss, I'd recommend trying before buying, like applying it and walking around for a while. I was surprised how different Mercy was from the amazing Prayer and was really disappointed. Prayer will be a staple in my purse for as long as it's made!

on 9/29/2014 10:17:00 PM

So this review is going to be for both versions of Prayer, the old version and the newer Studded Kiss version. I like them both, but they are different. I actually prefer the old version, as the color was a tad lighter and application easier. The new version is a bit darker, and more difficult to achieve the complete application. I haven't had any issues with the new design of the holder, you need to hear it click before placing in your cosmetic bag. Even though I like the older version, why would I buy the new version again........because I love the color! I have yet to find an exact dupe for either version. Yes, the new formulation is dryer, be prepared for that.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/31/2014 7:51:00 PM

Best lipstick I have found, wears well. It does go on a little dry, but my lips don't feel dry and it lasts a long time, way longer than the lipsticks that are advertised as long wear. I would say at least 4 hours. I am super sad that it looks like this color has been discontinued as the other colors that are available are not close to this shade. bummer...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

What a great lip color. It is a lovely blend of plum and nude brown but with a nice deep pigment. Normally I like a dramatic lip and this color is dramatic but is also very good as an everyday lip color. Not over powering yet not that bland nude pinky lip that has been popular for so long now. I simply cannot wear that pale bland lip. It washes me out and I feel like I look ill.

The color I have that is closest to a dupe of this is MAC Amourous...same plumy tone but with less brown and not a matte finish.

I have tried several Kat Von D lipsticks and they always wear wonderfully. The color lasts a good 4 hours and it does not dry my lips out. Unlike a lot of matte lipsticks this one is creamy and applies without the drag of most matte formulas.

I think this color might be discontinued which is sad because it is unique in color as well as wear.