Pure Ice Girl On The Run topcoat

No Image

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

An excellent basic quick-drying top coat. It's not a formula that will dry the polish underneath it, but as long as your polish is already dry, this will dry quickly and leave a shiny, smooth finish. Great for toenails.

If you, like me, like to keep a polish on for a week or more, and touch up your polish and reapply your topcoat every second or third day, be forewarned that you need to apply very thin coats of this, because otherwise it will peel.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Works pretty good.
Dries quickly and does help extend the lasting power of my polish.
I tested on a polish that I love the shade of but it doesn't last a day with out chipping like crazy. This really helped. It has been 6 days now and it is still on. Day two it did start to chip only on the very tips and today the tips are the only part that is chipped off a little more so on my right hand but it held up really well compared without it.
I feel like it adds some strength to my nails.

on 10/7/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this topcoat. It is on the thick side but it dries relatively quickly, levels beautifully, and smooths everything over. It has saved many a shoddy manicure. This last time, I woke up with smudging, sheet marks, and terrible bubbling on all of my nails (cheapie nail polish). With 1 coat of this top coat, my nails look perfect! Super shiny, you can't see the bubbles, smudges, or sheet marks. The shine lasts for several days and then I put on another coat. My manis last for 5 to 6 days before I see minimal tip wear, no chipping. I can keep a pedi for 3 weeks and remove only due to nail growth. I noticed the product thickening about halfway through the bottle, but um, $1.97? I think I can afford that 2 to 3 times a year :) Love the square bottle, too, doesn't tip. The brush is easy to use, not too big or too small. Oh, and 3 free, too. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Purchased this & Seche Vite both are equally as good.Thats right they both are equal except the price.Sallys had buy Seche top coat & get the base coat for free.I paid less than $6 w/ my Sallys card.However when I run out would have no qualms about getting Pure Ice Base/Top from Walmart for $4.If you have ridges as I DO NOT Pure Ice base coat may work better for you as a fill in.I did each hand with both products & the shine from top coat was the same.People thought I had shellac or gel.Bye Bye Sally Hansen,clearly quick.

on 3/27/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This topcoat is part of the Pure Ice Salon Station line, and is by far my favorite and go-to topcoat!! LOVE this stuff! Only $1.99, and can be found anywhere Pure Ice nail polishes are sold (I got mine at Walmart).

More about why I love this stuff, lol:
- It dries pretty quick. It does say on the bottle "Quick Dry Formula", and while I wouldn't say it dries as fast as Seche Vite, for example, it does dry quicker than other top coats I've used.
- It's a thick formula, which allows it to dry with a nice even finish- it even fills in little smudges and imperfection marks I may get in my polish from dinging it! (which is awesome, because I do not always have time to re-do my nails because of a small dent). I usually only need 1 coat for full coverage, but sometimes use 2 for textures like that of glitter polishes to get a shiny gel look.
- it gives your polishes a shiny gel look, and really makes glitter polishes shine and sparkle!
- this stuff will make your manicure/pedicure LAST, no joke! The first time I tried it, I wore it for a week and didn't have hardly any wear to it! (except for a teeny tiny bit on the edge of my nails, not noticeable at all). I probably could have made it last longer, but I like to change my nail color every week :P lol
- super affordable at $1.99!

This stuff is way better than Seche Vite, IMO. I know a lot of people swear by Seche Vite, but I found it to be terrible (peels off the nail like a sticker in less than 24 hours, gets these white rough edges around the cuticle area). Not to mention the price at $10/bottle is not very appealing to me :/ lol. Girl On The Run is what Seche Vite should be, and at a price that is much friendlier! :P

I highly recommend this if you're looking for a great topcoat!

Popular Top/Base Coats