Laneige BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

Laneige BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++
Laneige BB cushion (whitening)BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

4.5

on 5/27/2018 8:25:00 PM

Laneige is one of the more expensive Korean beauty brands that have been popular in recent years. I got this cushion last year as I wanted something lightweight and portable, so I could take it with me for touch-ups in the summer heat. I was also drawn in by the better shade range available than most other BB creams & cushions on the market, and truth be told this was probably the main thing that got me to buy it. I'm sure for Koreans it's easier to find BB creams to suit you when you can use testers in store and samples, so the limited range is less of a concern. But for those of us without easy physical access to BB creams and cushions, it's always a bit of a gamble over whether the colour will be OK or not.

I paid around £20 for this, as part of a group order for several other things, and chose shade 11C as I'm pale with cooler undertones. I also bought the same shade in their Pore Control BB cushion range too. I have oily skin and thought initially that the pore control would be better but reviews were always better for the brightening one. Both came with a spare refill and puff in the box.

This version went on quite sheer, it's definitely a lighter coverage foundation that is just about buildable to medium coverage with some effort. This is one of those products for when you're having a good skin day, but the finish is very natural and dewy, giving a fresh-faced look - although with powder on it goes to a semi-matte finish which I prefer. It's nice in summer as it's not heavy at all. You will still need to use blotting papers if you have oily skin as it does nothing to control oil. I also think the "whitening" is a misnomer as there are no bleaching ingredients in it - I think it refers to the bright and dewy "glowy" finish on the skin instead. What's quite nice about this is that when I retouch areas during the day, it goes on nicely and doesn't give that awful cakey texture on overlapping areas of still fully covered skin and the part you're reapplying it to.

In terms of staying power - this is a sheer, moist and lightweight product so it doesn't last that long - I typically need to retouch a few areas around the 5-6hour mark. Each cushion is also only 15g, it does come with a refill but I still think it tends to run out fairly quickly even when flipping the cushion over in the pan. The pore control one is higher coverage and so lasts a little longer, both in the pan and wear time on the skin.

If you are prone to dryness or flaking, this is the one to choose over the pore control one - as that one will reveal every last little flake and speck of dry skin to people in neighbouring countries. This one is more moisturising and easier for irritable skin to tolerate.

Is it worth the price? I'm torn, as it is a nice product but is expensive for what it is - there are other light foundations that offer better value. What does go in its favour is the colour which is an almost perfect match on me, and the convenience of it being in a portable cushion compact, making it easy to carry around for retouching purposes. I suppose what it comes down to is whether that factors into your criteria for buying a new foundation - but if it does, this is a nice cushion foundation as far as cushions go.

holy grail for Asian skin