Laneige BB Cushion [Whitening]

Laneige BB Cushion [Whitening]
BB Cushion [Whitening]

4.5

on 8/14/2017 11:50:00 PM

A little breakdown before we get started:
- 21, caucasian
- PALE, almost as though I were a natural-redhead
- dehydrated, oily skin in my t-zone, normal in cheeks
- combination, acne prone

I am OBSESSED with cushion foundations. The puffs are easy to clean (super multi-use too, try it with blush, highlighter, etc. cream formula or not!), and the application is simple as well. First off, NO idea why people keep saying Laniege cushions are expensive. I always get mine on ebay for $13~... The coverage is buildable, and they have tons of shades! Love the finish, not too shiny nor matte, smells delicious too. The only bummer is if you really want full coverage, it takes awhile to build, and I feel it dries out quite quickly. For now it's my HG cushion, but i'm always on the search for more!

on 6/6/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this whitening cusion in the holiday edition and it's the most beautiful packaging ever! I bought shade 21, which is a close match to my NC 20-25 skintone, but it is a tiny bit too light. This cushion makes my skin look really healthy and dewy, which I like. Coverage is light/medium but buildable without looking cakey. However, this cusion is not very long wearing and after 4 hours the foundation starts to wear off around my mouth, nose and chin. It also isn't oil controlling. In addition, my cushion didn't seem to contain much product. And I really don't use a lot of foundation! After using it for 2 weeks, I have to flip the cushion every time I use it. Otherwise I can't get the product on the puff. My sister didn't seem to have the same problem so maybe I just got a faulty cushion? Anyway, I don't think I'll repurchase the whitening version, but I might try the pore control.

on 6/2/2016 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Used to hate it when it first available. I believe it was the old version . No coverage and leave my skin with a sticky feeling.
Then recently I decided to give it try as there was a discount lol. I'm using the n21. This time round I am so glad I went back to it. It leave a slight dewy finish to my skin. Keep it moisturise in a air con all day. Very slight transfer in humid weather . A plus point. This time round the product did not leave a strong floral smell after wear. Because last time the fragrance lingers for a long time after wearing. That was what put me off as well.
So thumbs up for Laneige that did some changes to this product because they definitely win me over.
Will repurchase again

on 5/30/2016 12:54:00 PM

very2 satisfied with product.. i was 7 months pregant and my hormone was unstable. i didn't expect too much with this product but aparently it gave me sooo much.. i had some pimples and dark spot around my mouth and my chin, but its invisible after i used this cushion. the formula is very light with medium coverage, it left dewylook in my face.. the only thing i dont like this product is because the shade was not fit with my color tone..

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is actually really good for my dry skin type, but I wish they have a good color selection, 21 Natural Beige was too light for me, and 23 Sand Beige was too dark for me :(

on 5/14/2016 1:58:00 PM

The cushion gives a lovely light to medium coverage without drying out my normal/dry skin. I need to moisturize underneath, or at last use a serum. Otherwise, the product can dry up and make my face look flaky.
It would be foolish to try to conceal all my red blemishes with this because I would need two or more layers, resulting in an ugly thick layer of BB cream on my face.
Also, the product oxidizes into a darker shade after a few hours. Fortunately, it's not the ugly orange tint that some BB creams oxidize into.
This BB cushion claims to have whitening effects, but I saw no brightening effects from using this product continuously for almost a year already.
Besides brightening/whitening, all the other claims made by Laneige about this cushion are true.

on 2/24/2016 9:51:00 PM

I have totally converted to using bb cushions ever since the first laneige bb cushion came out.

I started out using the very first series, followed by the pore control one, and the whitening one. The whitening series is by far my favorite. My skin is relatively good, I don't get pimples often, no major scars or blemishes to hide. Just uneven skin tone, and a little redness round my nose.

Pros:
1. Gives my skin a very beautiful luminous glow, I don't even have to wear highlighter with this
2. photographs beautifully, no white cast (even though it has a SPF 50++)
3. doesn't make me any more greasy than the pore control one
4. perfect match for my skin - I'm an NC 25 in MAC and shade 21 in laneige

Cons:
1. My skin has started to get really dry recently, not sure if it started ever since i swapped to this cushion. will not put me off the cushion though!

i LOVE IT! will totally repurchase it again and again.

on 1/1/2016 6:02:00 AM

Personally, I love this product. It's lightweight and buildable and has a natural, glowy finish. I'm extremely acne prone and this foundation hasn't broken me out. The coverage I would say is light to medium, I find that I still need concealer to cover up any bigger blemishes or dark circles but it's good if you're lazy and looking for a foundation that's easy and quick to apply. If I had to say something bad about this, it would be that it does make your skin quite oily after a few hours and doesn't last all that long unless you touch it up. Also I'm not too sure about the whitening aspect because my skin has stayed the same shade ever since I started using this. The puff that comes along with it gets pretty dirty after awhile and it's not all that easy to clean so I'd recommend buying a few when getting it :)

on 11/5/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

THIS IS FOR THE NON-WHITENING AND NON-PORE CONTROL cushion.
I couldn't find the regular post
Hmm I'm not sure if this is HG because I want to try out the Hera UV Mist Ultra Moisturizing before deciding and the Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion to compare.

I love how moisturizing it is.
I want to tell everyone and their mother because for such a quality product $34.00USD + tax is such a steal. I just wish it came in 10+ shades like everything else in America.

Let me tell you why.
It is moisturizing.
ZOMG do not buy if your country/ has on average over 40% humidity with temperatures in the 80s degrees fahrenheit (27 degrees C) or above.
It will melt off your face (what I experienced in Korea).
It incorporates the same water bank technology used in the water bank moisturizing cream. (Pore control does not have this aspect)
I'm sure it has many other skincare ingredients in the product that are appropriate for millenials or those who are younger.

You get two cakes!!!
Each with a ruby-cell puff.
I took a year to get through one.
You finish a side then you flip. That's one cake.

So for $17 dollars you get the same amt what you would normally buy in a bottle/pact of another company's foundation product. That's a steal because I don't know of any other foundation you can get with the same skincare benefits as this product.

Why I love this product is because if you're in a hurry you can just put this on only after washing your face no toner lotion anything necessary. Just pat and go.

It is very hygienic because you don't touch your face and get foundation everywhere. Two presses of the puff in the sponge and you have light-medium coverage.
This product is not really for those who want something that stays long like over 4 hours or high coverage. If you want more coverage you can always pat more on, but I don't like to because it makes your makeup look really thick.

I think it's a kindof trade of between moisturizing skincare versus lasting power. I'm not sure... but overall cushion foundations aren't really known for lasting long.

I don't think I will be repurchasing this product any time soon because I have the AHC cushion to try, the Isa Knox cushion, and want to purchase Hera and or Sulwhasoo too :(

But if I had no other cushions or way to try others I would definitely buy it again.
I use light because their medium is too dark. In terms of the Korean foundation numbering system I think light is 21 and medium is 25. Dark is a non-existent shade in Korean numbering.
I am closer to a 21 than 25 so I bought light. I think I'm a 23 since the Amore Pacific CC in 104 (Tan Blush was a perfect skin match).

on 9/21/2015 2:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am not a fan of Korean BB creams as they tend to make my skin look greasy instead of dewy so I took a chance on this product since it was pretty different from your usual pumps or tube type BB creams. After 3 months of using this product, indeed I must say this one's pretty good since the consistency's not too thick and the cushion style lets you apply it evenly on to skin (then if you want thicker coverage you can just add layer by layer). It does give off a healthy glow and I did feel the moisturizing effect. It stayed on a bit longer than the other BB creams I've tried but I needed some retouching at the nose area after around 4-5 hours of wear. I recommend you use a blurring primer with this so that it'll last longer. Pretty good product.