Laneige BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Laneige BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++
Laneige BB cushion (whitening)BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

on 5/27/2018 8:25:00 PM

Laneige is one of the more expensive Korean beauty brands that have been popular in recent years. I got this cushion last year as I wanted something lightweight and portable, so I could take it with me for touch-ups in the summer heat. I was also drawn in by the better shade range available than most other BB creams & cushions on the market, and truth be told this was probably the main thing that got me to buy it. I'm sure for Koreans it's easier to find BB creams to suit you when you can use testers in store and samples, so the limited range is less of a concern. But for those of us without easy physical access to BB creams and cushions, it's always a bit of a gamble over whether the colour will be OK or not.

I paid around £20 for this, as part of a group order for several other things, and chose shade 11C as I'm pale with cooler undertones. I also bought the same shade in their Pore Control BB cushion range too. I have oily skin and thought initially that the pore control would be better but reviews were always better for the brightening one. Both came with a spare refill and puff in the box.

This version went on quite sheer, it's definitely a lighter coverage foundation that is just about buildable to medium coverage with some effort. This is one of those products for when you're having a good skin day, but the finish is very natural and dewy, giving a fresh-faced look - although with powder on it goes to a semi-matte finish which I prefer. It's nice in summer as it's not heavy at all. You will still need to use blotting papers if you have oily skin as it does nothing to control oil. I also think the "whitening" is a misnomer as there are no bleaching ingredients in it - I think it refers to the bright and dewy "glowy" finish on the skin instead. What's quite nice about this is that when I retouch areas during the day, it goes on nicely and doesn't give that awful cakey texture on overlapping areas of still fully covered skin and the part you're reapplying it to.

In terms of staying power - this is a sheer, moist and lightweight product so it doesn't last that long - I typically need to retouch a few areas around the 5-6hour mark. Each cushion is also only 15g, it does come with a refill but I still think it tends to run out fairly quickly even when flipping the cushion over in the pan. The pore control one is higher coverage and so lasts a little longer, both in the pan and wear time on the skin.

If you are prone to dryness or flaking, this is the one to choose over the pore control one - as that one will reveal every last little flake and speck of dry skin to people in neighbouring countries. This one is more moisturising and easier for irritable skin to tolerate.

Is it worth the price? I'm torn, as it is a nice product but is expensive for what it is - there are other light foundations that offer better value. What does go in its favour is the colour which is an almost perfect match on me, and the convenience of it being in a portable cushion compact, making it easy to carry around for retouching purposes. I suppose what it comes down to is whether that factors into your criteria for buying a new foundation - but if it does, this is a nice cushion foundation as far as cushions go.

on 11/5/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

THIS IS FOR THE NON-WHITENING AND NON-PORE CONTROL cushion.
I couldn't find the regular post
Hmm I'm not sure if this is HG because I want to try out the Hera UV Mist Ultra Moisturizing before deciding and the Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion to compare.

I love how moisturizing it is.
I want to tell everyone and their mother because for such a quality product $34.00USD + tax is such a steal. I just wish it came in 10+ shades like everything else in America.

Let me tell you why.
It is moisturizing.
ZOMG do not buy if your country/ has on average over 40% humidity with temperatures in the 80s degrees fahrenheit (27 degrees C) or above.
It will melt off your face (what I experienced in Korea).
It incorporates the same water bank technology used in the water bank moisturizing cream. (Pore control does not have this aspect)
I'm sure it has many other skincare ingredients in the product that are appropriate for millenials or those who are younger.

You get two cakes!!!
Each with a ruby-cell puff.
I took a year to get through one.
You finish a side then you flip. That's one cake.

So for $17 dollars you get the same amt what you would normally buy in a bottle/pact of another company's foundation product. That's a steal because I don't know of any other foundation you can get with the same skincare benefits as this product.

Why I love this product is because if you're in a hurry you can just put this on only after washing your face no toner lotion anything necessary. Just pat and go.

It is very hygienic because you don't touch your face and get foundation everywhere. Two presses of the puff in the sponge and you have light-medium coverage.
This product is not really for those who want something that stays long like over 4 hours or high coverage. If you want more coverage you can always pat more on, but I don't like to because it makes your makeup look really thick.

I think it's a kindof trade of between moisturizing skincare versus lasting power. I'm not sure... but overall cushion foundations aren't really known for lasting long.

I don't think I will be repurchasing this product any time soon because I have the AHC cushion to try, the Isa Knox cushion, and want to purchase Hera and or Sulwhasoo too :(

But if I had no other cushions or way to try others I would definitely buy it again.
I use light because their medium is too dark. In terms of the Korean foundation numbering system I think light is 21 and medium is 25. Dark is a non-existent shade in Korean numbering.
I am closer to a 21 than 25 so I bought light. I think I'm a 23 since the Amore Pacific CC in 104 (Tan Blush was a perfect skin match).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using the Pore Control one for a while now. It makes me look so dewy and can last one whole day. so don't worry about touching up on your busiest days. Be sure to get the right BB cushion that suits your skin, though. My skin is combination, acne-prone and very sensitive especially to makeup products. During my first visit I was suggested Whitening BB Cushion. I bought it without researching beforehand. I started breaking out immediately and it took 3 months to recover. I couldn't return the product so I gave it to my sister whose skin is dry and not sensitive. Thank God THIS has worked so well on her. During another visit at a different store, the SA told me the allergic reaction I had was normal and common among whitening products. So I bought this Pore Control cos I was really desperate for a BB cream. And I'm glad I did. Both my sister and I are still using our respective BB cushions and are planning to repurchase when they run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have used piles of bb creams and the best was always Garnier, old formula. Since Garnier is not present in China anymore I had to find a good substitute. The Laneige bb cream has low coverage but does a good job to brighten my skin. I have it in the color 14, which gives me a pinkish color.
The bb cream contains sod 50, which is a big plus for me. It lasts for around 4h and makes my skin a bit oily but that happens with any high end foundation that I use as well, so I apply my Mac blot powder and that's it.