Laneige BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

Laneige BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++
Laneige BB cushion (whitening)BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

4.4

on 5/27/2018 8:25:00 PM

Laneige is one of the more expensive Korean beauty brands that have been popular in recent years. I got this cushion last year as I wanted something lightweight and portable, so I could take it with me for touch-ups in the summer heat. I was also drawn in by the better shade range available than most other BB creams & cushions on the market, and truth be told this was probably the main thing that got me to buy it. I'm sure for Koreans it's easier to find BB creams to suit you when you can use testers in store and samples, so the limited range is less of a concern. But for those of us without easy physical access to BB creams and cushions, it's always a bit of a gamble over whether the colour will be OK or not.

I paid around £20 for this, as part of a group order for several other things, and chose shade 11C as I'm pale with cooler undertones. I also bought the same shade in their Pore Control BB cushion range too. I have oily skin and thought initially that the pore control would be better but reviews were always better for the brightening one. Both came with a spare refill and puff in the box.

This version went on quite sheer, it's definitely a lighter coverage foundation that is just about buildable to medium coverage with some effort. This is one of those products for when you're having a good skin day, but the finish is very natural and dewy, giving a fresh-faced look - although with powder on it goes to a semi-matte finish which I prefer. It's nice in summer as it's not heavy at all. You will still need to use blotting papers if you have oily skin as it does nothing to control oil. I also think the "whitening" is a misnomer as there are no bleaching ingredients in it - I think it refers to the bright and dewy "glowy" finish on the skin instead. What's quite nice about this is that when I retouch areas during the day, it goes on nicely and doesn't give that awful cakey texture on overlapping areas of still fully covered skin and the part you're reapplying it to.

In terms of staying power - this is a sheer, moist and lightweight product so it doesn't last that long - I typically need to retouch a few areas around the 5-6hour mark. Each cushion is also only 15g, it does come with a refill but I still think it tends to run out fairly quickly even when flipping the cushion over in the pan. The pore control one is higher coverage and so lasts a little longer, both in the pan and wear time on the skin.

If you are prone to dryness or flaking, this is the one to choose over the pore control one - as that one will reveal every last little flake and speck of dry skin to people in neighbouring countries. This one is more moisturising and easier for irritable skin to tolerate.

Is it worth the price? I'm torn, as it is a nice product but is expensive for what it is - there are other light foundations that offer better value. What does go in its favour is the colour which is an almost perfect match on me, and the convenience of it being in a portable cushion compact, making it easy to carry around for retouching purposes. I suppose what it comes down to is whether that factors into your criteria for buying a new foundation - but if it does, this is a nice cushion foundation as far as cushions go.

on 3/2/2018 11:09:00 AM

This stuff is amazing! I live in a humid area and I tend to get oily throughout the day but it doesn’t get cakey or separate at all. In fact I feel that it looks better as the day goes by.
It covers up large pores, smooths out imperfections. Makes your skin dewy and glowy and you can achieve the Korean glass skin effect.
I have worn this out for 12 hours before and the make up did not rub off.
Doesn’t clog my pores, doesn’t feel heavy unlike other foundations/B.B. creams I’ve tried

However it is light coverage and it does not cover up any of my acne scars so I will have to go in with another concealer. It smoothens out the skintone and redness only.

The price point is worth it to me as you get a refill package. Plus the quality of this stuff is just amazing. One packet has lasted me for around 9months (I don’t use it everyday, maybe 2x a week only). Remember to flip the cushion over for more product!

on 9/22/2017 5:30:00 AM

The finish is nice. It gives me a dewy complexion and I can fake naturally healthy skin but it all ends there because the coverage is so sheer I wouldn't even call this makeup. I will wear this for casual days when I need a natural no makeup look like sports or visit to a family or friend's place. But it will not work with more formal occasions when you want to really look polished. And I don't think the cushion will last more than a month if I use everyday. #21 works nice with my NC20 tone. You can hardly notice me wearing makeup. I hope I can try the anti-aging version once I'm done with this.
**UPDATE: I tried using my artiaum sponge that came with the cream foundation. The texture is softer and it picks up this bb cushion much better giving my skin a more even coverage. I recommend to pre-wash the sponge with some soap and water first before using so that it softens the texture. Else it is very hard and will not spread as well.

on 8/14/2017 11:50:00 PM

A little breakdown before we get started:
- 21, caucasian
- PALE, almost as though I were a natural-redhead
- dehydrated, oily skin in my t-zone, normal in cheeks
- combination, acne prone

I am OBSESSED with cushion foundations. The puffs are easy to clean (super multi-use too, try it with blush, highlighter, etc. cream formula or not!), and the application is simple as well. First off, NO idea why people keep saying Laniege cushions are expensive. I always get mine on ebay for $13~... The coverage is buildable, and they have tons of shades! Love the finish, not too shiny nor matte, smells delicious too. The only bummer is if you really want full coverage, it takes awhile to build, and I feel it dries out quite quickly. For now it's my HG cushion, but i'm always on the search for more!

on 6/6/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this whitening cusion in the holiday edition and it's the most beautiful packaging ever! I bought shade 21, which is a close match to my NC 20-25 skintone, but it is a tiny bit too light. This cushion makes my skin look really healthy and dewy, which I like. Coverage is light/medium but buildable without looking cakey. However, this cusion is not very long wearing and after 4 hours the foundation starts to wear off around my mouth, nose and chin. It also isn't oil controlling. In addition, my cushion didn't seem to contain much product. And I really don't use a lot of foundation! After using it for 2 weeks, I have to flip the cushion every time I use it. Otherwise I can't get the product on the puff. My sister didn't seem to have the same problem so maybe I just got a faulty cushion? Anyway, I don't think I'll repurchase the whitening version, but I might try the pore control.

on 6/8/2016 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Bagus banget. Bener2 jd flawless. I love it ♥

on 6/2/2016 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Used to hate it when it first available. I believe it was the old version . No coverage and leave my skin with a sticky feeling.
Then recently I decided to give it try as there was a discount lol. I'm using the n21. This time round I am so glad I went back to it. It leave a slight dewy finish to my skin. Keep it moisturise in a air con all day. Very slight transfer in humid weather . A plus point. This time round the product did not leave a strong floral smell after wear. Because last time the fragrance lingers for a long time after wearing. That was what put me off as well.
So thumbs up for Laneige that did some changes to this product because they definitely win me over.
Will repurchase again

on 5/30/2016 12:54:00 PM

very2 satisfied with product.. i was 7 months pregant and my hormone was unstable. i didn't expect too much with this product but aparently it gave me sooo much.. i had some pimples and dark spot around my mouth and my chin, but its invisible after i used this cushion. the formula is very light with medium coverage, it left dewylook in my face.. the only thing i dont like this product is because the shade was not fit with my color tone..

on 5/14/2016 1:58:00 PM

The cushion gives a lovely light to medium coverage without drying out my normal/dry skin. I need to moisturize underneath, or at last use a serum. Otherwise, the product can dry up and make my face look flaky.
It would be foolish to try to conceal all my red blemishes with this because I would need two or more layers, resulting in an ugly thick layer of BB cream on my face.
Also, the product oxidizes into a darker shade after a few hours. Fortunately, it's not the ugly orange tint that some BB creams oxidize into.
This BB cushion claims to have whitening effects, but I saw no brightening effects from using this product continuously for almost a year already.
Besides brightening/whitening, all the other claims made by Laneige about this cushion are true.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is actually really good for my dry skin type, but I wish they have a good color selection, 21 Natural Beige was too light for me, and 23 Sand Beige was too dark for me :(