Laneige BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

4.5

on 9/20/2018 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My HG. The only brand that i love from k-beauty. It's not a full coverage just light to medium like your skin but better. The whitening version give me a nice glow, hydrated skin and it lasts all day even when i live in humid country. It comes with a refill so it's not expensive, not at all. Also this cushion doesn't give your skin a orange tint like other bb cream, i set it with dior loose powder and my skin looks good all day long. And one more things that i really love that other cushions dried out my skin after removing my makeup but this one doesn't even when i use the same makeup remover.

on 8/27/2018 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My go-to BB cushion.

I used Laneige a few years back, and took a break from the brand to try out Fenty Beauty and Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I must say that returning to this bb cushion is one of the best things I've ever done. I have oily-combination skin that's very sensitive, and I experience dryness every now and then.

Pros:
- Brightening: this formula goes on without any darkening throughout the day. My skin looks SO good, even during periods of long wear. It keeps my skin consistently bright with a healthy glow.
- Heat/humidity-resistent: stays on through heat, humidity, etc.
- Long-wear: I generally hate touching up my foundation (I don't bother carrying my makeup with me), and this one really stays put. The only thing I do is to blot my face over the course of the day, and it looks as good as new.
- Blendable: the formula allows me to use the cushion OR my fingers, which I prefer since it gives me more control. Either work just as well.

Cons:
- On days when it's extremely hot, my rosacea does peek through, though it doesn't bother me too much. But I just had to put it out there. :)
- It's pretty pricey, as all Laneige products are. But if I were to compare it to my Estee Lauder double wear foundation, it is comparably cheaper, and works just as well (if not better). Like the other review mentioned, I'm not sure if the price is justifiable. I usually get mine when there's a sale.

Tips:
* Always moisturise before applying this foundation. It tends to be really drying upon application (highlighting dry patches, etc), and only starts getting glowy/dewy when your natural face oils kick in. If you don't like the feeling of an oily skin surface as a result of your moisturiser, try a moisturising milk cleanser before putting this BB cream on. The moisturising milk cleanser I use is from MUJI, and it works like a charm with this product.

This is easily one of the best BB creams/foundations I have tried. I get so many compliments when I wear it. Highly recommended!

on 3/2/2018 11:09:00 AM

This stuff is amazing! I live in a humid area and I tend to get oily throughout the day but it doesn’t get cakey or separate at all. In fact I feel that it looks better as the day goes by.
It covers up large pores, smooths out imperfections. Makes your skin dewy and glowy and you can achieve the Korean glass skin effect.
I have worn this out for 12 hours before and the make up did not rub off.
Doesn’t clog my pores, doesn’t feel heavy unlike other foundations/B.B. creams I’ve tried

However it is light coverage and it does not cover up any of my acne scars so I will have to go in with another concealer. It smoothens out the skintone and redness only.

The price point is worth it to me as you get a refill package. Plus the quality of this stuff is just amazing. One packet has lasted me for around 9months (I don’t use it everyday, maybe 2x a week only). Remember to flip the cushion over for more product!

on 8/14/2017 11:50:00 PM

A little breakdown before we get started:
- 21, caucasian
- PALE, almost as though I were a natural-redhead
- dehydrated, oily skin in my t-zone, normal in cheeks
- combination, acne prone

I am OBSESSED with cushion foundations. The puffs are easy to clean (super multi-use too, try it with blush, highlighter, etc. cream formula or not!), and the application is simple as well. First off, NO idea why people keep saying Laniege cushions are expensive. I always get mine on ebay for $13~... The coverage is buildable, and they have tons of shades! Love the finish, not too shiny nor matte, smells delicious too. The only bummer is if you really want full coverage, it takes awhile to build, and I feel it dries out quite quickly. For now it's my HG cushion, but i'm always on the search for more!

on 6/8/2016 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Bagus banget. Bener2 jd flawless. I love it ♥

on 5/30/2016 12:54:00 PM

very2 satisfied with product.. i was 7 months pregant and my hormone was unstable. i didn't expect too much with this product but aparently it gave me sooo much.. i had some pimples and dark spot around my mouth and my chin, but its invisible after i used this cushion. the formula is very light with medium coverage, it left dewylook in my face.. the only thing i dont like this product is because the shade was not fit with my color tone..

on 4/6/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have pretty brown skin so I'm super grateful that Laneige carries dark colours. Thank you Laneige. Thank you.

The shade was PERFECT with my skin colour. My sister even accidentally picked up a shade lighter than her skin colour but the colour oxides pretty well and eventually didn't look like her head was floating in thin air. But maybe that's cause it faded by that point. I'm not sure. But it matched me perfectly!

They do claim that the product does a lot. I'll review it according to the claims.
1. Brightening effect?
I personally don't know. I didn't use it often enough to see any changes. My sister uses it daily and she says that it did brighten her skin up. Just slightly though.
2. UV protection?
Well yeah, I didn't get sunburnt when I use it and I definitely didn't tan. But. I was advised to put suncream on top of it anyways. I never liked putting my suncream over it cause I was afraid it'd feel too greasy or cakey but it surprisingly didn't and sat well. Maybe it's cause I use the sun cream from the same line.

3. Moisturizing Effect?
I have normal to oily skin so I may not be the best person to say whether or not it did this but for me. It was pretty moisturising. My face was dewy all day.

4. Natural and clean coverage?
Hell yes. It looked hella natural. Felt hella natural too. It was completely weightless on my skin. It says on the pamphlet/website itself that this gives a MEDIUM coverage so. I didn't expect much outta it. However it concealed most of my aged blemishes. The more larger blemishes couldn't be cover in one application. I didn't mind it though. It's is a BB cream and not a concealer after all. But it definitely did what it claimed to do. So yay~

5. Soothing effect?
Yes. The application was cooling. Enough said

6. Water resistant?
Yes. But it also further claims to last for 12 hours. I guess that depends on what you're doing. I'm rarely ever out that long but i usually only ever wear it for like 5-7 hours and I never usually have to re-apply. But then again. It's an exact fit to my skin colour so I wouldn't really know if it faded. But I do know that when it comes time to cleansing, it's still there. To what degree? I don't know XD

So yeah over all amazing! It's pretty pricey but it comes with a refill so think of it as buying 2 when you purchase it :)

on 2/24/2016 9:51:00 PM

I have totally converted to using bb cushions ever since the first laneige bb cushion came out.

I started out using the very first series, followed by the pore control one, and the whitening one. The whitening series is by far my favorite. My skin is relatively good, I don't get pimples often, no major scars or blemishes to hide. Just uneven skin tone, and a little redness round my nose.

Pros:
1. Gives my skin a very beautiful luminous glow, I don't even have to wear highlighter with this
2. photographs beautifully, no white cast (even though it has a SPF 50++)
3. doesn't make me any more greasy than the pore control one
4. perfect match for my skin - I'm an NC 25 in MAC and shade 21 in laneige

Cons:
1. My skin has started to get really dry recently, not sure if it started ever since i swapped to this cushion. will not put me off the cushion though!

i LOVE IT! will totally repurchase it again and again.

on 1/1/2016 6:02:00 AM

Personally, I love this product. It's lightweight and buildable and has a natural, glowy finish. I'm extremely acne prone and this foundation hasn't broken me out. The coverage I would say is light to medium, I find that I still need concealer to cover up any bigger blemishes or dark circles but it's good if you're lazy and looking for a foundation that's easy and quick to apply. If I had to say something bad about this, it would be that it does make your skin quite oily after a few hours and doesn't last all that long unless you touch it up. Also I'm not too sure about the whitening aspect because my skin has stayed the same shade ever since I started using this. The puff that comes along with it gets pretty dirty after awhile and it's not all that easy to clean so I'd recommend buying a few when getting it :)

Looking for a new BB cream? This is my new FAVORITE peice of make up (and i am a make up whore!!!) It's by Laneige (sold exclusively at Target). It's a BB cushion in a compact, you apply with a pad- It's wet, but dries for a flawless powder finish. Do not let the $35 price tag scare you, its worth EVERY SINGLE penny. I also love that you get a refill along with it, so its like two for the price of one. I don't suggest using this on days that you need heavy coverage, but it works so well on days you just want light coverage. I also find I don't need to use a primer before application either, which is a plus. Target has really stepped their game up!!!!
I almost forgot, I love the smell of this product too...