Laneige BB Cushion [Whitening]

Laneige BB Cushion [Whitening]
BB Cushion [Whitening]

4.6

on 8/14/2017 11:50:00 PM

A little breakdown before we get started:
- 21, caucasian
- PALE, almost as though I were a natural-redhead
- dehydrated, oily skin in my t-zone, normal in cheeks
- combination, acne prone

I am OBSESSED with cushion foundations. The puffs are easy to clean (super multi-use too, try it with blush, highlighter, etc. cream formula or not!), and the application is simple as well. First off, NO idea why people keep saying Laniege cushions are expensive. I always get mine on ebay for $13~... The coverage is buildable, and they have tons of shades! Love the finish, not too shiny nor matte, smells delicious too. The only bummer is if you really want full coverage, it takes awhile to build, and I feel it dries out quite quickly. For now it's my HG cushion, but i'm always on the search for more!

on 5/30/2016 12:54:00 PM

very2 satisfied with product.. i was 7 months pregant and my hormone was unstable. i didn't expect too much with this product but aparently it gave me sooo much.. i had some pimples and dark spot around my mouth and my chin, but its invisible after i used this cushion. the formula is very light with medium coverage, it left dewylook in my face.. the only thing i dont like this product is because the shade was not fit with my color tone..

on 4/6/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have pretty brown skin so I'm super grateful that Laneige carries dark colours. Thank you Laneige. Thank you.

The shade was PERFECT with my skin colour. My sister even accidentally picked up a shade lighter than her skin colour but the colour oxides pretty well and eventually didn't look like her head was floating in thin air. But maybe that's cause it faded by that point. I'm not sure. But it matched me perfectly!

They do claim that the product does a lot. I'll review it according to the claims.
1. Brightening effect?
I personally don't know. I didn't use it often enough to see any changes. My sister uses it daily and she says that it did brighten her skin up. Just slightly though.
2. UV protection?
Well yeah, I didn't get sunburnt when I use it and I definitely didn't tan. But. I was advised to put suncream on top of it anyways. I never liked putting my suncream over it cause I was afraid it'd feel too greasy or cakey but it surprisingly didn't and sat well. Maybe it's cause I use the sun cream from the same line.

3. Moisturizing Effect?
I have normal to oily skin so I may not be the best person to say whether or not it did this but for me. It was pretty moisturising. My face was dewy all day.

4. Natural and clean coverage?
Hell yes. It looked hella natural. Felt hella natural too. It was completely weightless on my skin. It says on the pamphlet/website itself that this gives a MEDIUM coverage so. I didn't expect much outta it. However it concealed most of my aged blemishes. The more larger blemishes couldn't be cover in one application. I didn't mind it though. It's is a BB cream and not a concealer after all. But it definitely did what it claimed to do. So yay~

5. Soothing effect?
Yes. The application was cooling. Enough said

6. Water resistant?
Yes. But it also further claims to last for 12 hours. I guess that depends on what you're doing. I'm rarely ever out that long but i usually only ever wear it for like 5-7 hours and I never usually have to re-apply. But then again. It's an exact fit to my skin colour so I wouldn't really know if it faded. But I do know that when it comes time to cleansing, it's still there. To what degree? I don't know XD

So yeah over all amazing! It's pretty pricey but it comes with a refill so think of it as buying 2 when you purchase it :)

on 2/24/2016 9:51:00 PM

I have totally converted to using bb cushions ever since the first laneige bb cushion came out.

I started out using the very first series, followed by the pore control one, and the whitening one. The whitening series is by far my favorite. My skin is relatively good, I don't get pimples often, no major scars or blemishes to hide. Just uneven skin tone, and a little redness round my nose.

Pros:
1. Gives my skin a very beautiful luminous glow, I don't even have to wear highlighter with this
2. photographs beautifully, no white cast (even though it has a SPF 50++)
3. doesn't make me any more greasy than the pore control one
4. perfect match for my skin - I'm an NC 25 in MAC and shade 21 in laneige

Cons:
1. My skin has started to get really dry recently, not sure if it started ever since i swapped to this cushion. will not put me off the cushion though!

i LOVE IT! will totally repurchase it again and again.

Looking for a new BB cream? This is my new FAVORITE peice of make up (and i am a make up whore!!!) It's by Laneige (sold exclusively at Target). It's a BB cushion in a compact, you apply with a pad- It's wet, but dries for a flawless powder finish. Do not let the $35 price tag scare you, its worth EVERY SINGLE penny. I also love that you get a refill along with it, so its like two for the price of one. I don't suggest using this on days that you need heavy coverage, but it works so well on days you just want light coverage. I also find I don't need to use a primer before application either, which is a plus. Target has really stepped their game up!!!!
I almost forgot, I love the smell of this product too...

on 6/7/2015 1:12:00 AM

As I have been using this BB cushion for over a year, I think it's time for me to write a review.

I have a combination skin which is also somewhat sensitive and acne-prone, but I didn't experience any break out.
It typically lasts around 6 hours before my face gets noticeably oilier, but then again I usually use it for around 9 hours and it still doesn't melt.
Please note that I am currently living in a tropical country where the daily temperature is always around 30ish degrees C.

In regard to its coverage, I think it's light to medium. My face gets red really easily and this can help cover the redness.
Previously I used shade 21 because I was afraid that shade 13 would be unable to conceal redness. However, since I found that shade 21 could no longer suit my skin tone, I have switched to shade 13 and apparently it works fine!
Even so, whenever I got quite a big acne, the acne would still be quite obvious.
So if you are looking for a BB cushion with a good coverage, this might not be for you.
I don't know why some reviewers (in other websites) who got it from Target in the US said that the coverage is quite heavy.
Maybe there're different versions for the US and the ones in Asia? I got mine from an Asian online retailer.

I don't find it particularly moisturising, so even though previously I often wore it alone (without moisturiser), these days I applied light moisturiser before applying this.
One thing I really love from this product is that it makes my face looks glowing.
Ever since I started using this, I have got many people complimented my face and asked what product I was using.
Oh and also, I don't complain about the puff hygiene, because I am the type that don't touch up. LOL. I think it's better to apply it on a freshly-cleansed face so the puff won't be contaminated by bacteria.

Different people may have different criteria for their HG BB cream. Personally, I feel that this product has satisfied my needs.
In short, I absolutely love this product!

holy grail for Asian skin

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Please let me take back my past comment about not using Korean BB creams ever again.
I have always loved Laneige products, I thought I would never want to try Korean BB creams again because of my horrible experiences with them in the past, but I love this BB cream. I have this in #13, which is a bit too light for my skin colour but still not too "fake-pale" as my friends call it. It's super lightweight and moisturising with SPF50. I only need a tiny amount to cover my entire face, and I usually do 2 layers, and it's finished within 2 minutes. It is VERY important that you use patting motion with the sponge puff for this product on your face so it adheres properly and to last all day. Oxidising, which would normally count as a negative aspect for a base make up, is a plus for me in terms of this BB cream, as it darkens a little during the day to suit my skin tone perfectly. It does get a little oily in my T-zone, but it's to be expected, and I combat that by blotting the area with tissue or paper napkins, and I won't even need to touch up with powder. This has become my go-to base when I am short on time or on dry cold days. Might try out other BB cushion products but I would come back to this one if I couldn't find any better.

I LOVE the Laneige BB cushion ever since I bought it on a whim on an online beauty shop - something I don't normally do to begin with but have not regretted it at all!

The package comes with a cushion and a refill which is awesome money-wise! Each cushion lasted me for about 3 months with daily use which I find seriously long lasting.

The texture is smooth and creamy, it glides on over my skin. PROS: gives me a dewy, bright and well-rested look, is easy to apply and has SPF! Did I also mention that it has not caused me any irritations or breakouts whatsoever after using it for 6 months (which is really something considering my hypersensitive skin) CONS: gives me an overly-dewy look at times, which I then have to blot off, but that's about it!!

I've also used it in pretty much every season in Australia and it works perfectly all year round! Including in hot humid countries like Singapore!

Overall, I will DEFINITELY purchase this product again, and it could very well be the only face product I use for a long time to come!

on 5/21/2014 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG for anything bb! I have been using it for 3 weeks and everyday someone is complimenting me on my skin. I had a battle with cystic acne this past winter and finally have it under control and some hyperpigmentation left over but I have noticed a reduction in those since I have started using this. I am African American and Filipino and this is the first bb that has matched me perfectly...I guess I should have been using Asian products all along!!! It gives a dewy glow which I like and since I use Retin A the spf 50 is awesome! I didn't really care or read what this was supposed to actually do, I was just excited about it matching my skin tone! I have used other bb creams but always had to mix a bit of foundation in to get it to match mule skin. I also tried bb creams specifically made for darker skin but it always came out too orange in me. The benefits are great. It could be coincidence but I think it's helping to lighten my dark spots and it gives me a nice "glow". When I first started using it, I would set it with powder, but now I just use it alone. It hasn't been too hot as of yet so I am curious to see how it holds up if I start sweating since it claims also to be sweatproof. I like that it leaves my skin looking natural and not matte. I forgot to put my moisturizer on before this the other day and it had enough moisture in it to keep my face from drying out! It also claims to keep blemishes at bay but i also have my Rwtin A for that so all I can say it that i haven't noticed any new ones since I started using this, and usually I get tiny ones here and there I could sleep in this I would! It does feel cool when you apply it but that fades. The smell doesn't bother me. I actually enjoy putting this on. The sponge holds just enough so there is no waste and the little thing is pretty neat. I have recommended it to everyone I know! I purchased at Target for $35, but you get 2 in a pkg so it's well worth it! I cannot say enough except I absolutely love it!