Laneige BB Cushion [Whitening]

Laneige BB Cushion [Whitening]
BB Cushion [Whitening]

4.4

on 8/14/2017 11:50:00 PM

A little breakdown before we get started:
- 21, caucasian
- PALE, almost as though I were a natural-redhead
- dehydrated, oily skin in my t-zone, normal in cheeks
- combination, acne prone

I am OBSESSED with cushion foundations. The puffs are easy to clean (super multi-use too, try it with blush, highlighter, etc. cream formula or not!), and the application is simple as well. First off, NO idea why people keep saying Laniege cushions are expensive. I always get mine on ebay for $13~... The coverage is buildable, and they have tons of shades! Love the finish, not too shiny nor matte, smells delicious too. The only bummer is if you really want full coverage, it takes awhile to build, and I feel it dries out quite quickly. For now it's my HG cushion, but i'm always on the search for more!

on 6/8/2016 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Bagus banget. Bener2 jd flawless. I love it ♥

on 5/30/2016 12:54:00 PM

very2 satisfied with product.. i was 7 months pregant and my hormone was unstable. i didn't expect too much with this product but aparently it gave me sooo much.. i had some pimples and dark spot around my mouth and my chin, but its invisible after i used this cushion. the formula is very light with medium coverage, it left dewylook in my face.. the only thing i dont like this product is because the shade was not fit with my color tone..

on 4/6/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have pretty brown skin so I'm super grateful that Laneige carries dark colours. Thank you Laneige. Thank you.

The shade was PERFECT with my skin colour. My sister even accidentally picked up a shade lighter than her skin colour but the colour oxides pretty well and eventually didn't look like her head was floating in thin air. But maybe that's cause it faded by that point. I'm not sure. But it matched me perfectly!

They do claim that the product does a lot. I'll review it according to the claims.
1. Brightening effect?
I personally don't know. I didn't use it often enough to see any changes. My sister uses it daily and she says that it did brighten her skin up. Just slightly though.
2. UV protection?
Well yeah, I didn't get sunburnt when I use it and I definitely didn't tan. But. I was advised to put suncream on top of it anyways. I never liked putting my suncream over it cause I was afraid it'd feel too greasy or cakey but it surprisingly didn't and sat well. Maybe it's cause I use the sun cream from the same line.

3. Moisturizing Effect?
I have normal to oily skin so I may not be the best person to say whether or not it did this but for me. It was pretty moisturising. My face was dewy all day.

4. Natural and clean coverage?
Hell yes. It looked hella natural. Felt hella natural too. It was completely weightless on my skin. It says on the pamphlet/website itself that this gives a MEDIUM coverage so. I didn't expect much outta it. However it concealed most of my aged blemishes. The more larger blemishes couldn't be cover in one application. I didn't mind it though. It's is a BB cream and not a concealer after all. But it definitely did what it claimed to do. So yay~

5. Soothing effect?
Yes. The application was cooling. Enough said

6. Water resistant?
Yes. But it also further claims to last for 12 hours. I guess that depends on what you're doing. I'm rarely ever out that long but i usually only ever wear it for like 5-7 hours and I never usually have to re-apply. But then again. It's an exact fit to my skin colour so I wouldn't really know if it faded. But I do know that when it comes time to cleansing, it's still there. To what degree? I don't know XD

So yeah over all amazing! It's pretty pricey but it comes with a refill so think of it as buying 2 when you purchase it :)

on 2/24/2016 9:51:00 PM

I have totally converted to using bb cushions ever since the first laneige bb cushion came out.

I started out using the very first series, followed by the pore control one, and the whitening one. The whitening series is by far my favorite. My skin is relatively good, I don't get pimples often, no major scars or blemishes to hide. Just uneven skin tone, and a little redness round my nose.

Pros:
1. Gives my skin a very beautiful luminous glow, I don't even have to wear highlighter with this
2. photographs beautifully, no white cast (even though it has a SPF 50++)
3. doesn't make me any more greasy than the pore control one
4. perfect match for my skin - I'm an NC 25 in MAC and shade 21 in laneige

Cons:
1. My skin has started to get really dry recently, not sure if it started ever since i swapped to this cushion. will not put me off the cushion though!

i LOVE IT! will totally repurchase it again and again.

on 1/1/2016 6:02:00 AM

Personally, I love this product. It's lightweight and buildable and has a natural, glowy finish. I'm extremely acne prone and this foundation hasn't broken me out. The coverage I would say is light to medium, I find that I still need concealer to cover up any bigger blemishes or dark circles but it's good if you're lazy and looking for a foundation that's easy and quick to apply. If I had to say something bad about this, it would be that it does make your skin quite oily after a few hours and doesn't last all that long unless you touch it up. Also I'm not too sure about the whitening aspect because my skin has stayed the same shade ever since I started using this. The puff that comes along with it gets pretty dirty after awhile and it's not all that easy to clean so I'd recommend buying a few when getting it :)

Looking for a new BB cream? This is my new FAVORITE peice of make up (and i am a make up whore!!!) It's by Laneige (sold exclusively at Target). It's a BB cushion in a compact, you apply with a pad- It's wet, but dries for a flawless powder finish. Do not let the $35 price tag scare you, its worth EVERY SINGLE penny. I also love that you get a refill along with it, so its like two for the price of one. I don't suggest using this on days that you need heavy coverage, but it works so well on days you just want light coverage. I also find I don't need to use a primer before application either, which is a plus. Target has really stepped their game up!!!!
I almost forgot, I love the smell of this product too...

on 11/5/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

THIS IS FOR THE NON-WHITENING AND NON-PORE CONTROL cushion.
I couldn't find the regular post
Hmm I'm not sure if this is HG because I want to try out the Hera UV Mist Ultra Moisturizing before deciding and the Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion to compare.

I love how moisturizing it is.
I want to tell everyone and their mother because for such a quality product $34.00USD + tax is such a steal. I just wish it came in 10+ shades like everything else in America.

Let me tell you why.
It is moisturizing.
ZOMG do not buy if your country/ has on average over 40% humidity with temperatures in the 80s degrees fahrenheit (27 degrees C) or above.
It will melt off your face (what I experienced in Korea).
It incorporates the same water bank technology used in the water bank moisturizing cream. (Pore control does not have this aspect)
I'm sure it has many other skincare ingredients in the product that are appropriate for millenials or those who are younger.

You get two cakes!!!
Each with a ruby-cell puff.
I took a year to get through one.
You finish a side then you flip. That's one cake.

So for $17 dollars you get the same amt what you would normally buy in a bottle/pact of another company's foundation product. That's a steal because I don't know of any other foundation you can get with the same skincare benefits as this product.

Why I love this product is because if you're in a hurry you can just put this on only after washing your face no toner lotion anything necessary. Just pat and go.

It is very hygienic because you don't touch your face and get foundation everywhere. Two presses of the puff in the sponge and you have light-medium coverage.
This product is not really for those who want something that stays long like over 4 hours or high coverage. If you want more coverage you can always pat more on, but I don't like to because it makes your makeup look really thick.

I think it's a kindof trade of between moisturizing skincare versus lasting power. I'm not sure... but overall cushion foundations aren't really known for lasting long.

I don't think I will be repurchasing this product any time soon because I have the AHC cushion to try, the Isa Knox cushion, and want to purchase Hera and or Sulwhasoo too :(

But if I had no other cushions or way to try others I would definitely buy it again.
I use light because their medium is too dark. In terms of the Korean foundation numbering system I think light is 21 and medium is 25. Dark is a non-existent shade in Korean numbering.
I am closer to a 21 than 25 so I bought light. I think I'm a 23 since the Amore Pacific CC in 104 (Tan Blush was a perfect skin match).

on 10/18/2015 12:36:00 AM

I've been using this product for like 3 months now. I used Ponds BB cream for a year and it is not long-lasting, really. A friend of mine suggested this product to me and bought it the next day. Well, I didn't regret buying it even though it's quite expensive, it is so good in my skin. The Ponds BB cream breaks me out sometimes. But this one is so satisfying. It makes my skin looks dewy and it lasts really long. I need to wash my face sometimes, so I can see the water-proof effects. The only thing that I didn't want in this product is that I have to apply it an hour or so before I go out because it will took sometime to totally settle down in my face. And also, it only lasts 3 months but at least it has a refill in the package

on 6/7/2015 1:12:00 AM

As I have been using this BB cushion for over a year, I think it's time for me to write a review.

I have a combination skin which is also somewhat sensitive and acne-prone, but I didn't experience any break out.
It typically lasts around 6 hours before my face gets noticeably oilier, but then again I usually use it for around 9 hours and it still doesn't melt.
Please note that I am currently living in a tropical country where the daily temperature is always around 30ish degrees C.

In regard to its coverage, I think it's light to medium. My face gets red really easily and this can help cover the redness.
Previously I used shade 21 because I was afraid that shade 13 would be unable to conceal redness. However, since I found that shade 21 could no longer suit my skin tone, I have switched to shade 13 and apparently it works fine!
Even so, whenever I got quite a big acne, the acne would still be quite obvious.
So if you are looking for a BB cushion with a good coverage, this might not be for you.
I don't know why some reviewers (in other websites) who got it from Target in the US said that the coverage is quite heavy.
Maybe there're different versions for the US and the ones in Asia? I got mine from an Asian online retailer.

I don't find it particularly moisturising, so even though previously I often wore it alone (without moisturiser), these days I applied light moisturiser before applying this.
One thing I really love from this product is that it makes my face looks glowing.
Ever since I started using this, I have got many people complimented my face and asked what product I was using.
Oh and also, I don't complain about the puff hygiene, because I am the type that don't touch up. LOL. I think it's better to apply it on a freshly-cleansed face so the puff won't be contaminated by bacteria.

Different people may have different criteria for their HG BB cream. Personally, I feel that this product has satisfied my needs.
In short, I absolutely love this product!