Laneige BB Cushion [Whitening]

BB Cushion [Whitening]

4.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using the Pore Control one for a while now. It makes me look so dewy and can last one whole day. so don't worry about touching up on your busiest days. Be sure to get the right BB cushion that suits your skin, though. My skin is combination, acne-prone and very sensitive especially to makeup products. During my first visit I was suggested Whitening BB Cushion. I bought it without researching beforehand. I started breaking out immediately and it took 3 months to recover. I couldn't return the product so I gave it to my sister whose skin is dry and not sensitive. Thank God THIS has worked so well on her. During another visit at a different store, the SA told me the allergic reaction I had was normal and common among whitening products. So I bought this Pore Control cos I was really desperate for a BB cream. And I'm glad I did. Both my sister and I are still using our respective BB cushions and are planning to repurchase when they run out.

on 9/21/2015 2:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am not a fan of Korean BB creams as they tend to make my skin look greasy instead of dewy so I took a chance on this product since it was pretty different from your usual pumps or tube type BB creams. After 3 months of using this product, indeed I must say this one's pretty good since the consistency's not too thick and the cushion style lets you apply it evenly on to skin (then if you want thicker coverage you can just add layer by layer). It does give off a healthy glow and I did feel the moisturizing effect. It stayed on a bit longer than the other BB creams I've tried but I needed some retouching at the nose area after around 4-5 hours of wear. I recommend you use a blurring primer with this so that it'll last longer. Pretty good product.

on 1/12/2015 9:51:00 AM

I finally succumbed into the whole beauty hype on BB cushion foundations. I believe Laneige is one of the pioneers in this products, now almost every other Korean cosmetics brand has a version of their BB cushion. It comes in a puff that soaks up the foundation which is in turn saturated in a sponge. My grip about this is its not very hygienic as residues from the sponge is transferred to the foundation sponge (nothing much you can do about it really).

The BB foundation aims to brighten and correct skintones for a luminous radiant complexion. I couldnt agree more. It gives this dewy look that you see in Korean celebrities. Colour selection is limited so if you are more on the tanner side, you might find problem with a shade fit. It also comes with a slight fragrance which doesnt bug me however if you have oily skin, this may not be for you as the formulation does not leave a matte finish. I have combination skin and i go with a light weight moisturiser if im using this. Coverage is low-medium.

on 8/14/2017 11:50:00 PM

A little breakdown before we get started:
- 21, caucasian
- PALE, almost as though I were a natural-redhead
- dehydrated, oily skin in my t-zone, normal in cheeks
- combination, acne prone

I am OBSESSED with cushion foundations. The puffs are easy to clean (super multi-use too, try it with blush, highlighter, etc. cream formula or not!), and the application is simple as well. First off, NO idea why people keep saying Laniege cushions are expensive. I always get mine on ebay for $13~... The coverage is buildable, and they have tons of shades! Love the finish, not too shiny nor matte, smells delicious too. The only bummer is if you really want full coverage, it takes awhile to build, and I feel it dries out quite quickly. For now it's my HG cushion, but i'm always on the search for more!

on 5/30/2016 12:54:00 PM

very2 satisfied with product.. i was 7 months pregant and my hormone was unstable. i didn't expect too much with this product but aparently it gave me sooo much.. i had some pimples and dark spot around my mouth and my chin, but its invisible after i used this cushion. the formula is very light with medium coverage, it left dewylook in my face.. the only thing i dont like this product is because the shade was not fit with my color tone..

on 4/6/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have pretty brown skin so I'm super grateful that Laneige carries dark colours. Thank you Laneige. Thank you.

The shade was PERFECT with my skin colour. My sister even accidentally picked up a shade lighter than her skin colour but the colour oxides pretty well and eventually didn't look like her head was floating in thin air. But maybe that's cause it faded by that point. I'm not sure. But it matched me perfectly!

They do claim that the product does a lot. I'll review it according to the claims.
1. Brightening effect?
I personally don't know. I didn't use it often enough to see any changes. My sister uses it daily and she says that it did brighten her skin up. Just slightly though.
2. UV protection?
Well yeah, I didn't get sunburnt when I use it and I definitely didn't tan. But. I was advised to put suncream on top of it anyways. I never liked putting my suncream over it cause I was afraid it'd feel too greasy or cakey but it surprisingly didn't and sat well. Maybe it's cause I use the sun cream from the same line.

3. Moisturizing Effect?
I have normal to oily skin so I may not be the best person to say whether or not it did this but for me. It was pretty moisturising. My face was dewy all day.

4. Natural and clean coverage?
Hell yes. It looked hella natural. Felt hella natural too. It was completely weightless on my skin. It says on the pamphlet/website itself that this gives a MEDIUM coverage so. I didn't expect much outta it. However it concealed most of my aged blemishes. The more larger blemishes couldn't be cover in one application. I didn't mind it though. It's is a BB cream and not a concealer after all. But it definitely did what it claimed to do. So yay~

5. Soothing effect?
Yes. The application was cooling. Enough said

6. Water resistant?
Yes. But it also further claims to last for 12 hours. I guess that depends on what you're doing. I'm rarely ever out that long but i usually only ever wear it for like 5-7 hours and I never usually have to re-apply. But then again. It's an exact fit to my skin colour so I wouldn't really know if it faded. But I do know that when it comes time to cleansing, it's still there. To what degree? I don't know XD

So yeah over all amazing! It's pretty pricey but it comes with a refill so think of it as buying 2 when you purchase it :)

on 2/24/2016 9:51:00 PM

I have totally converted to using bb cushions ever since the first laneige bb cushion came out.

I started out using the very first series, followed by the pore control one, and the whitening one. The whitening series is by far my favorite. My skin is relatively good, I don't get pimples often, no major scars or blemishes to hide. Just uneven skin tone, and a little redness round my nose.

Pros:
1. Gives my skin a very beautiful luminous glow, I don't even have to wear highlighter with this
2. photographs beautifully, no white cast (even though it has a SPF 50++)
3. doesn't make me any more greasy than the pore control one
4. perfect match for my skin - I'm an NC 25 in MAC and shade 21 in laneige

Cons:
1. My skin has started to get really dry recently, not sure if it started ever since i swapped to this cushion. will not put me off the cushion though!

i LOVE IT! will totally repurchase it again and again.

Looking for a new BB cream? This is my new FAVORITE peice of make up (and i am a make up whore!!!) It's by Laneige (sold exclusively at Target). It's a BB cushion in a compact, you apply with a pad- It's wet, but dries for a flawless powder finish. Do not let the $35 price tag scare you, its worth EVERY SINGLE penny. I also love that you get a refill along with it, so its like two for the price of one. I don't suggest using this on days that you need heavy coverage, but it works so well on days you just want light coverage. I also find I don't need to use a primer before application either, which is a plus. Target has really stepped their game up!!!!
I almost forgot, I love the smell of this product too...

on 6/7/2015 1:12:00 AM

As I have been using this BB cushion for over a year, I think it's time for me to write a review.

I have a combination skin which is also somewhat sensitive and acne-prone, but I didn't experience any break out.
It typically lasts around 6 hours before my face gets noticeably oilier, but then again I usually use it for around 9 hours and it still doesn't melt.
Please note that I am currently living in a tropical country where the daily temperature is always around 30ish degrees C.

In regard to its coverage, I think it's light to medium. My face gets red really easily and this can help cover the redness.
Previously I used shade 21 because I was afraid that shade 13 would be unable to conceal redness. However, since I found that shade 21 could no longer suit my skin tone, I have switched to shade 13 and apparently it works fine!
Even so, whenever I got quite a big acne, the acne would still be quite obvious.
So if you are looking for a BB cushion with a good coverage, this might not be for you.
I don't know why some reviewers (in other websites) who got it from Target in the US said that the coverage is quite heavy.
Maybe there're different versions for the US and the ones in Asia? I got mine from an Asian online retailer.

I don't find it particularly moisturising, so even though previously I often wore it alone (without moisturiser), these days I applied light moisturiser before applying this.
One thing I really love from this product is that it makes my face looks glowing.
Ever since I started using this, I have got many people complimented my face and asked what product I was using.
Oh and also, I don't complain about the puff hygiene, because I am the type that don't touch up. LOL. I think it's better to apply it on a freshly-cleansed face so the puff won't be contaminated by bacteria.

Different people may have different criteria for their HG BB cream. Personally, I feel that this product has satisfied my needs.
In short, I absolutely love this product!

holy grail for Asian skin