Laneige BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

Laneige BB cushion (whitening)BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using the Pore Control one for a while now. It makes me look so dewy and can last one whole day. so don't worry about touching up on your busiest days. Be sure to get the right BB cushion that suits your skin, though. My skin is combination, acne-prone and very sensitive especially to makeup products. During my first visit I was suggested Whitening BB Cushion. I bought it without researching beforehand. I started breaking out immediately and it took 3 months to recover. I couldn't return the product so I gave it to my sister whose skin is dry and not sensitive. Thank God THIS has worked so well on her. During another visit at a different store, the SA told me the allergic reaction I had was normal and common among whitening products. So I bought this Pore Control cos I was really desperate for a BB cream. And I'm glad I did. Both my sister and I are still using our respective BB cushions and are planning to repurchase when they run out.

on 9/22/2017 5:30:00 AM

The finish is nice. It gives me a dewy complexion and I can fake naturally healthy skin but it all ends there because the coverage is so sheer I wouldn't even call this makeup. I will wear this for casual days when I need a natural no makeup look like sports or visit to a family or friend's place. But it will not work with more formal occasions when you want to really look polished. And I don't think the cushion will last more than a month if I use everyday. #21 works nice with my NC20 tone. You can hardly notice me wearing makeup. I hope I can try the anti-aging version once I'm done with this.
**UPDATE: I tried using my artiaum sponge that came with the cream foundation. The texture is softer and it picks up this bb cushion much better giving my skin a more even coverage. I recommend to pre-wash the sponge with some soap and water first before using so that it softens the texture. Else it is very hard and will not spread as well.

on 6/6/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this whitening cusion in the holiday edition and it's the most beautiful packaging ever! I bought shade 21, which is a close match to my NC 20-25 skintone, but it is a tiny bit too light. This cushion makes my skin look really healthy and dewy, which I like. Coverage is light/medium but buildable without looking cakey. However, this cusion is not very long wearing and after 4 hours the foundation starts to wear off around my mouth, nose and chin. It also isn't oil controlling. In addition, my cushion didn't seem to contain much product. And I really don't use a lot of foundation! After using it for 2 weeks, I have to flip the cushion every time I use it. Otherwise I can't get the product on the puff. My sister didn't seem to have the same problem so maybe I just got a faulty cushion? Anyway, I don't think I'll repurchase the whitening version, but I might try the pore control.

on 5/27/2018 8:25:00 PM

Laneige is one of the more expensive Korean beauty brands that have been popular in recent years. I got this cushion last year as I wanted something lightweight and portable, so I could take it with me for touch-ups in the summer heat. I was also drawn in by the better shade range available than most other BB creams & cushions on the market, and truth be told this was probably the main thing that got me to buy it. I'm sure for Koreans it's easier to find BB creams to suit you when you can use testers in store and samples, so the limited range is less of a concern. But for those of us without easy physical access to BB creams and cushions, it's always a bit of a gamble over whether the colour will be OK or not.

I paid around £20 for this, as part of a group order for several other things, and chose shade 11C as I'm pale with cooler undertones. I also bought the same shade in their Pore Control BB cushion range too. I have oily skin and thought initially that the pore control would be better but reviews were always better for the brightening one. Both came with a spare refill and puff in the box.

This version went on quite sheer, it's definitely a lighter coverage foundation that is just about buildable to medium coverage with some effort. This is one of those products for when you're having a good skin day, but the finish is very natural and dewy, giving a fresh-faced look - although with powder on it goes to a semi-matte finish which I prefer. It's nice in summer as it's not heavy at all. You will still need to use blotting papers if you have oily skin as it does nothing to control oil. I also think the "whitening" is a misnomer as there are no bleaching ingredients in it - I think it refers to the bright and dewy "glowy" finish on the skin instead. What's quite nice about this is that when I retouch areas during the day, it goes on nicely and doesn't give that awful cakey texture on overlapping areas of still fully covered skin and the part you're reapplying it to.

In terms of staying power - this is a sheer, moist and lightweight product so it doesn't last that long - I typically need to retouch a few areas around the 5-6hour mark. Each cushion is also only 15g, it does come with a refill but I still think it tends to run out fairly quickly even when flipping the cushion over in the pan. The pore control one is higher coverage and so lasts a little longer, both in the pan and wear time on the skin.

If you are prone to dryness or flaking, this is the one to choose over the pore control one - as that one will reveal every last little flake and speck of dry skin to people in neighbouring countries. This one is more moisturising and easier for irritable skin to tolerate.

Is it worth the price? I'm torn, as it is a nice product but is expensive for what it is - there are other light foundations that offer better value. What does go in its favour is the colour which is an almost perfect match on me, and the convenience of it being in a portable cushion compact, making it easy to carry around for retouching purposes. I suppose what it comes down to is whether that factors into your criteria for buying a new foundation - but if it does, this is a nice cushion foundation as far as cushions go.

on 6/2/2016 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Used to hate it when it first available. I believe it was the old version . No coverage and leave my skin with a sticky feeling.
Then recently I decided to give it try as there was a discount lol. I'm using the n21. This time round I am so glad I went back to it. It leave a slight dewy finish to my skin. Keep it moisturise in a air con all day. Very slight transfer in humid weather . A plus point. This time round the product did not leave a strong floral smell after wear. Because last time the fragrance lingers for a long time after wearing. That was what put me off as well.
So thumbs up for Laneige that did some changes to this product because they definitely win me over.
Will repurchase again

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is actually really good for my dry skin type, but I wish they have a good color selection, 21 Natural Beige was too light for me, and 23 Sand Beige was too dark for me :(

on 5/14/2016 1:58:00 PM

The cushion gives a lovely light to medium coverage without drying out my normal/dry skin. I need to moisturize underneath, or at last use a serum. Otherwise, the product can dry up and make my face look flaky.
It would be foolish to try to conceal all my red blemishes with this because I would need two or more layers, resulting in an ugly thick layer of BB cream on my face.
Also, the product oxidizes into a darker shade after a few hours. Fortunately, it's not the ugly orange tint that some BB creams oxidize into.
This BB cushion claims to have whitening effects, but I saw no brightening effects from using this product continuously for almost a year already.
Besides brightening/whitening, all the other claims made by Laneige about this cushion are true.

on 3/17/2016 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This wasn't the product i wanted to buy at first, but the sales lady was really nice so I bought it, its about 60SGD for the cushion with one refill, the price wasn't that expensive since they gave you 2 of it in a box (30 dollars for one which is the normal price of a bb cushion in Singapore).

My first impression was that this smells really good and it has SPF, and i personally have very very sensitive skin and it gets really irritated when i use products with a SPF, this did not give me that problem. Also the patting method i was told to use for this is alittle tedious, other than that the application is rather even on me. I'm wearing number 23 sand beige and this did not give me a grey ghastly look like bb creams usually give which i am so thankful about

Secondly, i have skin that are flaky at some areas and my T zone is just plain oily, when i first applied this it looked very very nice and natural, it does take some time to dry for me but after awhile when i reached my work place, i noticed the flakes on my skin are quite visible at a closer look, and i'm already slightly shinning on the T zone ( i always set my makeup with powder).

So after i knock off work, i went for a family dinner and had some drinks afterwards as well, it extremely humid in singapore so i did blot of face with a blotting paper, i was wearing this for about 18 hours before i removed it. And guess what, its still here. It was still clearly visible on my face! I had tried many long lasting foundations and other bb creams and none of them had lasted this long. I am very impressed.

Overall, this product
1- last really long
2- easy to carry around
3- reasonable priced
4- did not irritate my sensitive skin
5- i have to blot my face since i have oily T zone.

on 9/21/2015 2:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am not a fan of Korean BB creams as they tend to make my skin look greasy instead of dewy so I took a chance on this product since it was pretty different from your usual pumps or tube type BB creams. After 3 months of using this product, indeed I must say this one's pretty good since the consistency's not too thick and the cushion style lets you apply it evenly on to skin (then if you want thicker coverage you can just add layer by layer). It does give off a healthy glow and I did feel the moisturizing effect. It stayed on a bit longer than the other BB creams I've tried but I needed some retouching at the nose area after around 4-5 hours of wear. I recommend you use a blurring primer with this so that it'll last longer. Pretty good product.

on 1/12/2015 9:51:00 AM

I finally succumbed into the whole beauty hype on BB cushion foundations. I believe Laneige is one of the pioneers in this products, now almost every other Korean cosmetics brand has a version of their BB cushion. It comes in a puff that soaks up the foundation which is in turn saturated in a sponge. My grip about this is its not very hygienic as residues from the sponge is transferred to the foundation sponge (nothing much you can do about it really).

The BB foundation aims to brighten and correct skintones for a luminous radiant complexion. I couldnt agree more. It gives this dewy look that you see in Korean celebrities. Colour selection is limited so if you are more on the tanner side, you might find problem with a shade fit. It also comes with a slight fragrance which doesnt bug me however if you have oily skin, this may not be for you as the formulation does not leave a matte finish. I have combination skin and i go with a light weight moisturiser if im using this. Coverage is low-medium.