LANEIGE BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

Laneige BB cushion (whitening)BB Cushion_Whitening SPF 50+ PA+++

4.4

on 4/6/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have pretty brown skin so I'm super grateful that Laneige carries dark colours. Thank you Laneige. Thank you.

The shade was PERFECT with my skin colour. My sister even accidentally picked up a shade lighter than her skin colour but the colour oxides pretty well and eventually didn't look like her head was floating in thin air. But maybe that's cause it faded by that point. I'm not sure. But it matched me perfectly!

They do claim that the product does a lot. I'll review it according to the claims.
1. Brightening effect?
I personally don't know. I didn't use it often enough to see any changes. My sister uses it daily and she says that it did brighten her skin up. Just slightly though.
2. UV protection?
Well yeah, I didn't get sunburnt when I use it and I definitely didn't tan. But. I was advised to put suncream on top of it anyways. I never liked putting my suncream over it cause I was afraid it'd feel too greasy or cakey but it surprisingly didn't and sat well. Maybe it's cause I use the sun cream from the same line.

3. Moisturizing Effect?
I have normal to oily skin so I may not be the best person to say whether or not it did this but for me. It was pretty moisturising. My face was dewy all day.

4. Natural and clean coverage?
Hell yes. It looked hella natural. Felt hella natural too. It was completely weightless on my skin. It says on the pamphlet/website itself that this gives a MEDIUM coverage so. I didn't expect much outta it. However it concealed most of my aged blemishes. The more larger blemishes couldn't be cover in one application. I didn't mind it though. It's is a BB cream and not a concealer after all. But it definitely did what it claimed to do. So yay~

5. Soothing effect?
Yes. The application was cooling. Enough said

6. Water resistant?
Yes. But it also further claims to last for 12 hours. I guess that depends on what you're doing. I'm rarely ever out that long but i usually only ever wear it for like 5-7 hours and I never usually have to re-apply. But then again. It's an exact fit to my skin colour so I wouldn't really know if it faded. But I do know that when it comes time to cleansing, it's still there. To what degree? I don't know XD

So yeah over all amazing! It's pretty pricey but it comes with a refill so think of it as buying 2 when you purchase it :)

on 3/25/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Price: 3
Packaging: 3
Buy again: tentative yes (for now)

This is my first venture into Asian BB creams and only my second BB cream in general, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was sick of obvious, foundation-y textures and I don't have much that really needs covering so I bought this cream-- I had to buy the whitening version because it was the only version on Amazon selling shade no. 13 True Beige (I wear over primer and have experienced no whitening effects after 1 month of everyday use). I'm somewhere between nc15-20 and the shade matches well, and I'm guessing a perfect match for a true 15. After days scouring pictures of bloggers wearing the cream, it seems no. 21 Natural Beige could fit a pretty wide range of skin tones. Another reason I like this is because it leans warm and doesn't oxidize at all, let alone into a grey cast that I've gathered a large number of Asian BB's will do.
I think the product-soaked cushion is gimmicky/wasteful and wish they would stick to the regular squeeze-tube packaging, but the actual sponge is a surprisingly good application tool. I was prepared to throw out the sponge but as I patted product over my face with it, I found it was good at creating even coverage, smoothing over pores, and not eating up the cream. And I grudgingly admit the cooling sensation is real and does feel pretty refreshing. I recently switched back to my #56 Sephora brush because I think it's slightly better at covering the larger pores and blending without pressing into the skin. But don't worry if you don't have a buffing brush because the sponge is a really close second. Although it's advertised as being a primer too, it had a tendency to sink into pores on my inner cheeks-- not very noticeable but enough to make me use a separate primer. It still settles a bit around my nostrils but I've improved this by first dabbing some Estee Lauded Double Wear in the area before applying the cream.
The texture is light and thin and coverage is sheer-medium(ish), so you'll want something extra if you have any spots. I feel like I'm barely wearing anything on my face. It's very dewy and I like to set with Nars Light Reflecting Powder or Laura Mercier Translucent Powder. As I mentioned, it creases around my nostrils and also in smile lines (I have to avoid those lines completely). This cream doesn't dry me out or cling onto dry patches.
I'm lazy and usually don't blot throughout the day (I have slightly dry skin but still get midday oil in T-zone), but the cream doesn't seem to separate or break down. I might reapply a little around my nose if I feel like it after carefully blotting, but there's not much transfer. That being said, don't swipe anything over your face or your coverage will disappear; this is definitely not transfer/water/sweat/life-resistant... My boyfriend playfully booped my nose and asked why I looked pained ("Well, you took my paint off."). If I'm going out that night, I'll either do thorough touch-ups or redo it completely.
I should mention the smell. It is extremely sweet and perfumey and hung around for 20 or so minutes after I applied. I'm never bothered by scented cosmetics but I was feeling slightly nauseous after a while and thought it would ruin the cream for me. Fortunately, over the next few uses I noticed it less and less and soon I only smelled it during application. So there's a good change you'll just get used to it, but keep looking if you're sensitive to smells.
Even though I'd like the product in tube form better, I'll say the packaging was done well for what it is. The cushion eliminates potential spillage/air bubble explosions, so there's that. The compact is as big as my palm and has weight-- It looks and feels expensive, closing with a tight click and sporting a big mirror in the lid. I like that the application sponge is stored in a separate compartment from the soaked cushion and that the cushion is protected from drying out by a secondary snug, plastic cover.
The only major thing I would change about this cream is an improvement in transfer and wear time and while I'll be on the lookout for one that is, I will happily finish this one and its refill for its skin-perfecting qualities that I do love.

Looking for a new BB cream? This is my new FAVORITE peice of make up (and i am a make up whore!!!) It's by Laneige (sold exclusively at Target). It's a BB cushion in a compact, you apply with a pad- It's wet, but dries for a flawless powder finish. Do not let the $35 price tag scare you, its worth EVERY SINGLE penny. I also love that you get a refill along with it, so its like two for the price of one. I don't suggest using this on days that you need heavy coverage, but it works so well on days you just want light coverage. I also find I don't need to use a primer before application either, which is a plus. Target has really stepped their game up!!!!
I almost forgot, I love the smell of this product too...

holy grail for Asian skin

on 8/27/2018 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used Laneige a few years back, and took a break from the brand to try out Fenty Beauty and Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I must say that returning to this bb cushion reminds me why I started using it in the first place. I have oily-combination skin that's very sensitive, and I experience dryness every now and then.

Pros:
- Brightening: this formula goes on without any darkening throughout the day. My skin looks SO good, even during periods of long wear. It keeps my skin consistently bright with a healthy glow.
- Heat/humidity-resistent: stays on through heat, humidity, etc.
- Long-wear: I generally hate touching up my foundation (I don't bother carrying my makeup with me), and this one really stays put. The only thing I do is to blot my face over the course of the day, and it looks as good as new.
- Blendable: the formula allows me to use the cushion OR my fingers, which I prefer since it gives me more control. Either work just as well.

Cons:
- On days when it's extremely hot, my rosacea does peek through, though it doesn't bother me too much. But I just had to put it out there. :)
- It's pretty pricey, as all Laneige products are. But if I were to compare it to my Estee Lauder double wear foundation, it is comparably cheaper, and works just as well (if not better). Like the other review mentioned, I'm not sure if the price is justifiable. I usually get mine when there's a sale.

Tips:
* Always moisturise before applying this foundation. It tends to be really drying upon application (highlighting dry patches, etc), and only starts getting glowy/dewy when your natural face oils kick in. If you don't like the feeling of an oily skin surface as a result of your moisturiser, try a moisturising milk cleanser before putting this BB cream on. The moisturising milk cleanser I use is from MUJI, and it works like a charm with this product.

on 5/27/2018 8:25:00 PM

Laneige is one of the more expensive Korean beauty brands that have been popular in recent years. I got this cushion last year as I wanted something lightweight and portable, so I could take it with me for touch-ups in the summer heat. I was also drawn in by the better shade range available than most other BB creams & cushions on the market, and truth be told this was probably the main thing that got me to buy it. I'm sure for Koreans it's easier to find BB creams to suit you when you can use testers in store and samples, so the limited range is less of a concern. But for those of us without easy physical access to BB creams and cushions, it's always a bit of a gamble over whether the colour will be OK or not.

I paid around £20 for this, as part of a group order for several other things, and chose shade 11C as I'm pale with cooler undertones. I also bought the same shade in their Pore Control BB cushion range too. I have oily skin and thought initially that the pore control would be better but reviews were always better for the brightening one. Both came with a spare refill and puff in the box.

This version went on quite sheer, it's definitely a lighter coverage foundation that is just about buildable to medium coverage with some effort. This is one of those products for when you're having a good skin day, but the finish is very natural and dewy, giving a fresh-faced look - although with powder on it goes to a semi-matte finish which I prefer. It's nice in summer as it's not heavy at all. You will still need to use blotting papers if you have oily skin as it does nothing to control oil. I also think the "whitening" is a misnomer as there are no bleaching ingredients in it - I think it refers to the bright and dewy "glowy" finish on the skin instead. What's quite nice about this is that when I retouch areas during the day, it goes on nicely and doesn't give that awful cakey texture on overlapping areas of still fully covered skin and the part you're reapplying it to.

In terms of staying power - this is a sheer, moist and lightweight product so it doesn't last that long - I typically need to retouch a few areas around the 5-6hour mark. Each cushion is also only 15g, it does come with a refill but I still think it tends to run out fairly quickly even when flipping the cushion over in the pan. The pore control one is higher coverage and so lasts a little longer, both in the pan and wear time on the skin.

If you are prone to dryness or flaking, this is the one to choose over the pore control one - as that one will reveal every last little flake and speck of dry skin to people in neighbouring countries. This one is more moisturising and easier for irritable skin to tolerate.

Is it worth the price? I'm torn, as it is a nice product but is expensive for what it is - there are other light foundations that offer better value. What does go in its favour is the colour which is an almost perfect match on me, and the convenience of it being in a portable cushion compact, making it easy to carry around for retouching purposes. I suppose what it comes down to is whether that factors into your criteria for buying a new foundation - but if it does, this is a nice cushion foundation as far as cushions go.

on 11/5/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

THIS IS FOR THE NON-WHITENING AND NON-PORE CONTROL cushion.
I couldn't find the regular post
Hmm I'm not sure if this is HG because I want to try out the Hera UV Mist Ultra Moisturizing before deciding and the Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion to compare.

I love how moisturizing it is.
I want to tell everyone and their mother because for such a quality product $34.00USD + tax is such a steal. I just wish it came in 10+ shades like everything else in America.

Let me tell you why.
It is moisturizing.
ZOMG do not buy if your country/ has on average over 40% humidity with temperatures in the 80s degrees fahrenheit (27 degrees C) or above.
It will melt off your face (what I experienced in Korea).
It incorporates the same water bank technology used in the water bank moisturizing cream. (Pore control does not have this aspect)
I'm sure it has many other skincare ingredients in the product that are appropriate for millenials or those who are younger.

You get two cakes!!!
Each with a ruby-cell puff.
I took a year to get through one.
You finish a side then you flip. That's one cake.

So for $17 dollars you get the same amt what you would normally buy in a bottle/pact of another company's foundation product. That's a steal because I don't know of any other foundation you can get with the same skincare benefits as this product.

Why I love this product is because if you're in a hurry you can just put this on only after washing your face no toner lotion anything necessary. Just pat and go.

It is very hygienic because you don't touch your face and get foundation everywhere. Two presses of the puff in the sponge and you have light-medium coverage.
This product is not really for those who want something that stays long like over 4 hours or high coverage. If you want more coverage you can always pat more on, but I don't like to because it makes your makeup look really thick.

I think it's a kindof trade of between moisturizing skincare versus lasting power. I'm not sure... but overall cushion foundations aren't really known for lasting long.

I don't think I will be repurchasing this product any time soon because I have the AHC cushion to try, the Isa Knox cushion, and want to purchase Hera and or Sulwhasoo too :(

But if I had no other cushions or way to try others I would definitely buy it again.
I use light because their medium is too dark. In terms of the Korean foundation numbering system I think light is 21 and medium is 25. Dark is a non-existent shade in Korean numbering.
I am closer to a 21 than 25 so I bought light. I think I'm a 23 since the Amore Pacific CC in 104 (Tan Blush was a perfect skin match).

on 8/14/2017 11:50:00 PM

A little breakdown before we get started:
- 21, caucasian
- PALE, almost as though I were a natural-redhead
- dehydrated, oily skin in my t-zone, normal in cheeks
- combination, acne prone

I am OBSESSED with cushion foundations. The puffs are easy to clean (super multi-use too, try it with blush, highlighter, etc. cream formula or not!), and the application is simple as well. First off, NO idea why people keep saying Laniege cushions are expensive. I always get mine on ebay for $13~... The coverage is buildable, and they have tons of shades! Love the finish, not too shiny nor matte, smells delicious too. The only bummer is if you really want full coverage, it takes awhile to build, and I feel it dries out quite quickly. For now it's my HG cushion, but i'm always on the search for more!

on 6/6/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this whitening cusion in the holiday edition and it's the most beautiful packaging ever! I bought shade 21, which is a close match to my NC 20-25 skintone, but it is a tiny bit too light. This cushion makes my skin look really healthy and dewy, which I like. Coverage is light/medium but buildable without looking cakey. However, this cusion is not very long wearing and after 4 hours the foundation starts to wear off around my mouth, nose and chin. It also isn't oil controlling. In addition, my cushion didn't seem to contain much product. And I really don't use a lot of foundation! After using it for 2 weeks, I have to flip the cushion every time I use it. Otherwise I can't get the product on the puff. My sister didn't seem to have the same problem so maybe I just got a faulty cushion? Anyway, I don't think I'll repurchase the whitening version, but I might try the pore control.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is actually really good for my dry skin type, but I wish they have a good color selection, 21 Natural Beige was too light for me, and 23 Sand Beige was too dark for me :(