Tom Ford Eye Primer Duo

2.4

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have never been one to use an eye shadow prime. I always thought using my makeup was enough until it was not and the crease lines started showing up on my eyes. So I went on a search and started using Clinique touch base. It was always greasy to me, made putting on my eye shadow strange, then when I would put on eye liner the liner would skip so I had uneven lines. It would also fade out after a few hours and I'd be creasy. Normally I do not have oily lids, but oh wow, talk about slide, eeewwww.
I needed to find something that would keep my eye shadow from sliding and my eyes from looking creasy and greasy, no touch up needed during a long day. This is when I found TF.
I hesitated pulling the trigger on this eye primer at first, had to mull it over, had to justify the price (OMG $46)! I couldn't find trial size any where so I did it, stepped off the ledge, jumped in to the "seriously luxury" end of make up. Not that I've not been there before, I've used Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation, Chanel mascara (which I still use), Chanel eye liner, Givinchy, y'all know them, the high end cosmetics.
I used this primer and was so surprised at the ease of use, the non-greasy feeling, the smooth even application of my eye shadow, wow. It did it's job this primer. My shadow stayed all day and didn't fade. I didn't have to touch up, I didn't have eye shadow slide, My shadow and liner didn't skip during application, YAY! So far this is doing it's job and I'm really happy with it.
I'll use this and hope that I can find them on sale someplace or make this last as long as I can, LOL!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this primer duo. It is AMAZING. So sad to read the negative reviews! My guess is that they don't know how to apply the product properly. I swipe the cream primer on a fingertip, which warms it up a little bit, and swipe onto a clean eyelid. You don't need a lot of product at all - if it's getting cakey or your lids feel heavy then you are using too much. Then I take an eyeshadow brush and dab the powder onto the lid over the cream primer. The powder makes whatever eyeshadow you put on top look smooth, satiny, and gorgeous, and becomes completely sheer on the lid. This duo works amazingly well with all my powder eyeshadows including my Naked palette and Armani quad. If I apply too much eyeshadow by mistake, or my blending looks off, I blend the white powder from the duo over the eyeshadow and it becomes gorgeously smoothed out and softened. I LOVE this stuff. I used to use Urban Decay and Too Faced primers, but there is no comparison to TF. The eyeshadow just looks so much better with TF. I apply makeup for fun, and the dual step, for me, is fun and lengthens the process a little, and adds to the drama and fun of applying make up. I love it.

Tried this and was dismayed. To have to take 2 steps to not even come close to what most primers can do in a single step is absurd. This "held" my eyeshadow worse than if I had layered eyeshadow directly on my oily lids. At first I thought I was using it wrong, but after repeatedly trying it, and seeing the other reviews on here I gave up, and am back to my NARS primer staple.

I guess I had to find a bad product in the TF$ line, and this was it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This didn't work for me at all. The primer felt too thick and heavy on my eyelids and never seemed to entirely dry down. There was a slight tackiness to it even after a couple of hours. Despite being creamy, it just didn't spread well and was difficult to apply evenly. Ultimately it looked heavier and cakey in some areas and thinner in others.

The translucent powder didn't offer anything by means of longevity, nor did it do much to set the primer. It seems like a good but basic transluscent powder, colorless and thin, not overly powdery or dusty. I like the convenience of a primer and setting powder in one package, but since neither product works well it's pretty useless to me.

I'm a NW10, more neutral than cool, and the primer looked starkly peachy on me as well as being about two shades too dark. It's very warm toned. I think this should come in a range of color options rather than offering one option as a universal color.

I want my eye primers to be thin so that I don't have heavy layers of product on my delicate eye area weighing everything down and looking built up with primer/setting powder/eyeshadow/liner. It's just too much. I've been using NARS eye primer for a few years and I prefer the silky texture and great lasting power to this. Also, the NARS primer only requires one thin layer to make my eyeshadows ultra pigmented and budge-proof all day.

I've tried this several times now and each time I get more frustrated. This is going back.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

UPDATE: Nope, nope, nope, this primer is garbage... For some reason, after a couple of weeks I began to notice that my "smoky" eye was extremely light... faded. It's just blah. I've found the UD Anti-Aging Primer is pretty good since it's not as "sticky" as the origianl and helps eliminate steps. Painterly is still gold. This did not hold eyeshadow for me.ORIGINAL REVIEW: I'm surprised at the negative reviews. I have tried TFSI, UDPP, MAC paint and paint pots, LM eye basics, NARS, etc etc... And I really like this because it helps me eliminate steps. I always always used to use UDPP or NARS with painterly and/or a translucent powder over it because otherwise my shadows were not blendable: they'd just stick to my lid. This eliminates painterly because it evens out my lids with a little color, and has the built-in translucent that makes my shadows glide more effortlessly. Is it the best primer ever? I don't know but it's my current fave as it eliminates there large products into one simple package. I didn't have any creasing and I wore my shadows with this every day for a week. Maybe I just am not that picky because as long as I use a primer and translucent powder I feel like I can make anything work other than TFSI.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

You can live without it. The promised 15 hour party staying power should not be made. Reality looks like this. After 5 hours the shadow was hooked in my eye crease. There are better and less expensive primer out there!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For $45, this better deliver miracles and it did NOT. Pretty basic product with a gimmick powder that TF says will set your e/s. Threw it away after a few uses and went back to LM eye basics, UDPP and/or Benefit.