L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof
Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

on 4/17/2017 3:44:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for about three years and despite trying a few different high end products, I always come back to this. I've never had any issues with it smudging under my eyes and it's extremely water proof. My only gripe would be that during the first week of use it is a little harder to work out the clumps; but once it dries out a little it's an excellent mascara.

on 4/8/2017 8:10:00 PM

I purchased this last minute to wear to a funeral and the water proof feature definitely worked. Later the same day, I took an emotionally exhausted nap and there was no smudging or flaking. The curl held all day (and nap).

I have fairly sensitive eyes and wear contacts. This mascara caused no problems.

Will buy again.

on 2/10/2017 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara was just meh. I like the voluminous million lashes mascara but wanted a black brown color. This made my eyes water and didn't do much for my lashes, very subtle natural look if that's what you like. I have short lashes and need more oomph. Won't repurchse

Wow! I got this mascara after hearing so many great reviews of it on MUA & YT & am so glad I picked this up.! This product gave me lashes very similar to CGLashBlast, but I would say this is just a TAD more neutral. However, i LOVE how it's SO stay-proof! I've had two good cry sessions since wearing this, and it completely stays on! No smudges, no clumping, NOTHING. I am wowed at how cheap this mascara is, how long it's been on the market, and how durable it is. The brush is really good & this mascara comes off easily with EVOO. The packaging is sleek & sophisticated, and unlike CGLB, I don't have to wait a few days for the formula to thicken up before I really like it. ONLY downside is that it tends to get all over my eyelid, but alas! All mascaras for me do! Either I have puffy eyelids or suck at applying, haha. Either way, I easily clean it up with a dab of lotion on a q-tip. This mascara is super cheap & effective & I def. reccommend it along with CGLB to all drugstore mascara junkies:)

on 11/5/2016 9:29:00 PM

This is my go to mascara. Nice fluffy lashes. Always in my stash!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Let my start by saying I've never had any luck with the regular Voluminous formula- it was always too wet, too gloppy, too clumpy and it flaked off, on me. I bought this in the mountains at the drugstore up there because my allergies were a mess the whole week and the only mascaras I had with me were regular formulas, I don't typically wear waterproof. In this case, I needed a waterproof one because my eyes were running all the time and I couldn't keep a regular mascara on. Imagine my surprise when I used this and I got perfect lashes! Defined, lengthened, thickened, not clumpy... it took a little bit of work to pull the thick formula through, but not overly so - not much time involved and I got a great look out of it. I was shocked. I am shocked now even! I did see recently that Wayne Goss recommended this on one of his videos, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves it. The waterproof formula is so different than the regular... and I would have never known if I hadn't tried it. Truly a find. I used the Black Brown color and I'm pleasantly suprised at how nice it looks.

on 8/4/2016 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

SMUDGES and FLAKES. If you have oily lids, hooded lids, or combination skin, forget this one. I get smudges within a few hours of putting this on, and full on raccoon with flake out by the end of the day. Threw it in the garbage after trying it for 3 days with and without primer, eyeshadow, foundation and powder, nothing but mascara - everything to see if I could avoid the smudging. No luck. My skin dissolves it.

Back to tubing mascaras for me - the loral double extend beauty tubes doesn't smudge at all, but it's not waterproof.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this when i heard Wayne Goss say how wonderful it is in one of his vidoes on YouTube. He was right. Best mascara I have EVER used, I like this even more than lights, camera, lashes (I'm a total Tarte junkie.) Thickens and lengthens. It didnt run (yes, i know, its waterproof lol) I will definitely repurchase time and again.

In my quest to find a mascara that is actually waterproof I decided to try this one.
I am not a fan of 'normal' brushes, I tend to like the rubber ones better, but I thought...let's just give it a try because of all the rave reviews.
The application was suprisingly clump free and it seperates the lashes really well.
It is also buidable without clumping, which I really like.
Now some days I like to have a more 'dolly' look, which means grouping the lashes together if that makes any sense. I do this by using tweezers to get them to stick together and get rid of any clumps. With almost every mascara this is no problem, but with this mascara it was a real challenge. The lashes would not stick together to create 'one thicker lash' and i would have to keep adding mascara, for it to fall apart again after gently using the tweezers to press them together (wow i am bad in describing this, sounds like a hot mess but trust me it looks good ;) ). So eventually i achieved a close to desired look (i have become better at this with this mascara though).
It does smudge on my under the eyes, not total raccoon eyes (and setting your undereyes with a transluscent powder really helps), but after a few hours there definitly is smudging. To be fair, I have not found any mascara that doesn't do that on me (I might have the oiliest undereye area there possible is, who knows, but it just always happens).
One time, at the end of the evening before removing all my make up, i decided to see how waterproof it really was and splashed some water on to my eyes. The only thing that happened was that the curl didn't hold (i guess because of the weight of the water) but to my surprise the mascara stayed put and didn't run, didn't smudge, didn't clump...i was amazed to be honest.
I find myself grabbing for this mascara the most, which has really surprised me.
So yes, I will repurchase this one!

on 12/30/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This review is for the brown black waterproof formula. I tried this mascara out for the waterproof claim and based on a recommendation I read from an underwater model. This stuff works! It stays on even in the shower and after rubbing my eyes (by accident). It doesn't smudge or run and I have very oily skin. It's not really volumizing, but it does lengthen my lashes. It gives a more natural look and is a drier formula that doesn't clump. Love the brush. This is now my HG waterproof/summer mascara.