L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof
Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

on 4/1/2018 12:47:00 PM

This is a good mascara for me. It doesn't flake or smudge or smear when most things do, and it is volumizing and lengthening, but not clumpy. I apply only one coat though, and don't like the look of overdone lashes. I do like the look of the original Voluminous mascara in the non-waterproof version a bit better, but that one flakes and smudges on me.

It's important to point out that there are many varieties of the 'Voluminous' mascara from L'oreal out on the market, and they are definitely not comparable. My review is specifically on the Voluminous Original Waterproof formula, in the colour 360 Black. I've heard other colours like 'blackest black' even in the waterproof formula are not as smudge or flake proof as this specific one I am reviewing. So if you have issues with anything like that, make sure to get the right one.

on 3/20/2018 9:53:00 PM

Awful - doesn't hold a curl and smudges like crazy--save your money!

on 12/28/2017 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This mascara either waterproof or the regular one is a sure bet. Great value. Sometimes hard to find

on 12/28/2017 2:22:00 PM

I use waterproof mascaras to hold a curl. I have been using Maybelline Waterproof Great Lash for years and wanted to try something that provided more volume. This mascara had great reviews but it just doesn't hold a curl. I'm wearing it at work right now (applied two coats 6 hours ago) and my lashes are flat. I will say, my lashes are soft and there's no smudging. It's too cheap to return so I'll most likely throw it away.

on 11/8/2017 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My favorite drugstore mascara so far!

The formula is on the drier side which I like because I feel like they tend to hold my curls much better. There is no clumping and I have no issues with smudging. Really, there isn't much to complain about. I only wish that this just gave a bit more volume.

[1]

on 4/17/2017 3:44:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for about three years and despite trying a few different high end products, I always come back to this. I've never had any issues with it smudging under my eyes and it's extremely water proof. My only gripe would be that during the first week of use it is a little harder to work out the clumps; but once it dries out a little it's an excellent mascara.

on 4/8/2017 8:10:00 PM

I purchased this last minute to wear to a funeral and the water proof feature definitely worked. Later the same day, I took an emotionally exhausted nap and there was no smudging or flaking. The curl held all day (and nap).

I have fairly sensitive eyes and wear contacts. This mascara caused no problems.

Will buy again.

on 2/10/2017 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara was just meh. I like the voluminous million lashes mascara but wanted a black brown color. This made my eyes water and didn't do much for my lashes, very subtle natural look if that's what you like. I have short lashes and need more oomph. Won't repurchse

Wow! I got this mascara after hearing so many great reviews of it on MUA & YT & am so glad I picked this up.! This product gave me lashes very similar to CGLashBlast, but I would say this is just a TAD more neutral. However, i LOVE how it's SO stay-proof! I've had two good cry sessions since wearing this, and it completely stays on! No smudges, no clumping, NOTHING. I am wowed at how cheap this mascara is, how long it's been on the market, and how durable it is. The brush is really good & this mascara comes off easily with EVOO. The packaging is sleek & sophisticated, and unlike CGLB, I don't have to wait a few days for the formula to thicken up before I really like it. ONLY downside is that it tends to get all over my eyelid, but alas! All mascaras for me do! Either I have puffy eyelids or suck at applying, haha. Either way, I easily clean it up with a dab of lotion on a q-tip. This mascara is super cheap & effective & I def. reccommend it along with CGLB to all drugstore mascara junkies:)

on 11/5/2016 9:29:00 PM

This is my go to mascara. Nice fluffy lashes. Always in my stash!!!