L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof
Voluminous WaterproofVoluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

on 2/10/2017 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara was just meh. I like the voluminous million lashes mascara but wanted a black brown color. This made my eyes water and didn't do much for my lashes, very subtle natural look if that's what you like. I have short lashes and need more oomph. Won't repurchse

Wow! I got this mascara after hearing so many great reviews of it on MUA & YT & am so glad I picked this up.! This product gave me lashes very similar to CGLashBlast, but I would say this is just a TAD more neutral. However, i LOVE how it's SO stay-proof! I've had two good cry sessions since wearing this, and it completely stays on! No smudges, no clumping, NOTHING. I am wowed at how cheap this mascara is, how long it's been on the market, and how durable it is. The brush is really good & this mascara comes off easily with EVOO. The packaging is sleek & sophisticated, and unlike CGLB, I don't have to wait a few days for the formula to thicken up before I really like it. ONLY downside is that it tends to get all over my eyelid, but alas! All mascaras for me do! Either I have puffy eyelids or suck at applying, haha. Either way, I easily clean it up with a dab of lotion on a q-tip. This mascara is super cheap & effective & I def. reccommend it along with CGLB to all drugstore mascara junkies:)

on 11/5/2016 9:29:00 PM

This is my go to mascara. Nice fluffy lashes. Always in my stash!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Let my start by saying I've never had any luck with the regular Voluminous formula- it was always too wet, too gloppy, too clumpy and it flaked off, on me. I bought this in the mountains at the drugstore up there because my allergies were a mess the whole week and the only mascaras I had with me were regular formulas, I don't typically wear waterproof. In this case, I needed a waterproof one because my eyes were running all the time and I couldn't keep a regular mascara on. Imagine my surprise when I used this and I got perfect lashes! Defined, lengthened, thickened, not clumpy... it took a little bit of work to pull the thick formula through, but not overly so - not much time involved and I got a great look out of it. I was shocked. I am shocked now even! I did see recently that Wayne Goss recommended this on one of his videos, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves it. The waterproof formula is so different than the regular... and I would have never known if I hadn't tried it. Truly a find. I used the Black Brown color and I'm pleasantly suprised at how nice it looks.

on 8/4/2016 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

SMUDGES and FLAKES. If you have oily lids, hooded lids, or combination skin, forget this one. I get smudges within a few hours of putting this on, and full on raccoon with flake out by the end of the day. Threw it in the garbage after trying it for 3 days with and without primer, eyeshadow, foundation and powder, nothing but mascara - everything to see if I could avoid the smudging. No luck. My skin dissolves it.

Back to tubing mascaras for me - the loral double extend beauty tubes doesn't smudge at all, but it's not waterproof.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this when i heard Wayne Goss say how wonderful it is in one of his vidoes on YouTube. He was right. Best mascara I have EVER used, I like this even more than lights, camera, lashes (I'm a total Tarte junkie.) Thickens and lengthens. It didnt run (yes, i know, its waterproof lol) I will definitely repurchase time and again.

In my quest to find a mascara that is actually waterproof I decided to try this one.
I am not a fan of 'normal' brushes, I tend to like the rubber ones better, but I thought...let's just give it a try because of all the rave reviews.
The application was suprisingly clump free and it seperates the lashes really well.
It is also buidable without clumping, which I really like.
Now some days I like to have a more 'dolly' look, which means grouping the lashes together if that makes any sense. I do this by using tweezers to get them to stick together and get rid of any clumps. With almost every mascara this is no problem, but with this mascara it was a real challenge. The lashes would not stick together to create 'one thicker lash' and i would have to keep adding mascara, for it to fall apart again after gently using the tweezers to press them together (wow i am bad in describing this, sounds like a hot mess but trust me it looks good ;) ). So eventually i achieved a close to desired look (i have become better at this with this mascara though).
It does smudge on my under the eyes, not total raccoon eyes (and setting your undereyes with a transluscent powder really helps), but after a few hours there definitly is smudging. To be fair, I have not found any mascara that doesn't do that on me (I might have the oiliest undereye area there possible is, who knows, but it just always happens).
One time, at the end of the evening before removing all my make up, i decided to see how waterproof it really was and splashed some water on to my eyes. The only thing that happened was that the curl didn't hold (i guess because of the weight of the water) but to my surprise the mascara stayed put and didn't run, didn't smudge, didn't clump...i was amazed to be honest.
I find myself grabbing for this mascara the most, which has really surprised me.
So yes, I will repurchase this one!

on 12/30/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This review is for the brown black waterproof formula. I tried this mascara out for the waterproof claim and based on a recommendation I read from an underwater model. This stuff works! It stays on even in the shower and after rubbing my eyes (by accident). It doesn't smudge or run and I have very oily skin. It's not really volumizing, but it does lengthen my lashes. It gives a more natural look and is a drier formula that doesn't clump. Love the brush. This is now my HG waterproof/summer mascara.

on 12/18/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I stopped buying Lancome's Difinicils ,after using it for over 10+ years, after trying out this mascara in Black Brown. Loved that it didn't smudge or slide down my face halfway though the day due to my oily lids. I once watched a really sad film and cried through most of it completely forgetting that I had makeup on. After the film I panicked and checked in the mirror only to see that the mascara had not smudged or budged at all! It was amazing! This stuff lasts through my oily skin, hot days, sunscreen use and crying! Amazing just for those things alone! The color Black Brown is my favorite as it's not too harsh looking for my pale skin. Sadly, I discovered in early 2014 after buying a new tube that it burned and dried my eyes out terribly. By the end of the day my eyes would hurt and feel semi parched and it was rather uncomfortable. I assumed that they'd changed something in the product and I didn't bother to ever repurchase. I now use Maybelline's The Falsies Volum Express Waterproof in Black Brown and it works really well. I realize that L'Oreal owns Maybelline, and Lancome for that matter, so I'm confused as to why one product is burning my eyes and the other two are not. Hopefully L'Oreal will hear consumers complaints and fix the problem.

on 12/18/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the look it gives my eyelashes, but unfortunately this stuff is not waterproof. The wand looks like its clumped up with product, but it still manages to make my eyelashes look really nice and defined yet natural. It's been 4 months since I purchased it and unfortunately maybe a little over a month ago I started noticing that on days where I would apply it in the morning, sometime in the evening my eyes would start getting really irritated. Not sure if it's the mascara flaking, but this definitely happens to my eyes at least 70% of the times I use it. I grab a tissue to blot off the insane amount of tears I get and end up with the worst smudges under my eyes.

Popular Mascaras