3.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

5 months ago

I used this for two months.  I really liked it at first but as time went by it got clumpier vs feathery-er on me.  I also discovered it smudges under my eyes as the day goes on - and I only wear mascara on my upper lid.  I work retail and need something non-smudging.  Moving on. Maybe if you have dry skin this would work for you.

About reviewer (278 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

8 months ago

This is my favorite mascara. Many people have asked me if I was wearing false eyelashes when I used this mascara (I also have a technique that makes my lashes look really nice and long so that also might me why haha) I've bought this mascara so many times on sale. I have VERY OILY lids and this usually doesn't smudge until about 5+ hours of wear. My only problem with this mascara is that it can smudge under my eyes a little when my eyes get oily but that's with every mascara I've tried.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Fine

1.0

10 months ago

OVERALL: DO NOT RECOMMEND I was looking for a drugstore dupe of my favorite high end mascara (I swear by Chanel inimitable). This one was nice in some respects but overall I WONT REPURCHASE because it gave me raccoon eyes and went all over my eye, smudging upon application. Probably one of the worst mascaras I've tried PROS - Price; affordable - I like the wand - Nicely separated the lashes (didn't clump) CONS - Gave me raccoon eyes. This is pretty major for me and I won't repurchase any mascara that does this - More of this mascara ended up on my undereyes than on my actual lashes. Horrible!!!!!! - Smudged upon application on the upper lid too, thereby ruining any eyeshadows/liners that had already been applied

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

This mascara works wonderfully and it's a bargain. My lashes are long, stick straight and very thin. I layer this mascara (blackest black) with Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For mascara and with those together I get long, full lashes that hold a curl all day. It's also fairly easy to wash off with Neutrogena makeup wipes. Highly recommend!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

a year ago

I love this mascara! I have tried many and have failed to fnd a mascara that compares to this one. It makes my lashes big but not clumpy, I have a friend who uses MAC products but still uses and prefers this mascara. I highly recommend it.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

2.0

a year ago

I'm a mascara addict, I will try all brands high end or drug store! This mascara was a fail. The pros is that the brush is great and coats every lash , the formula isnt too wet or too dry and it's very black. However It smudges after an hour and then flakes off after a few hours. It's not a great mascara.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

Really not waterproof. I like the look it gives of fuller lashes, and it's definitely carbon black, but with or without the primer (Which is great btw) it is not waterproof. I look like a wannabe emo rocker, or maybe cosplay Bucky Barnes from Captain America the Winter Soldier. big fail. the search continues.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

This was my mascara for years, but only the waterproof version worked for me. Right now I am trying out some others (a great one from Elf I got free and Neutrogena Hydro Boost), but this one is my standby. I ordered this by subscription (from Target, I believe) so I always had fresh mascara. Cost is fine and I like the Brown black shade for my hazel eyes.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I LOVE this mascara! My lashes are quite long on their own so what I'm usually looking for is seperation and definition. This is one of the few mascaras whose wand I don't have to wipe off during the first uses. It coats my lashes nicely without clumping which is rare. I find it to be more of a daytime mascara since the effect is very natural and understated. If you like big bold lashes you'll probably want more but for everyday use for me this is perfect. I find the packaging to be very sleek for a drugstore mascara (unlike the chunky tacky types) and Ι think the price is more than fair.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is a good mascara for me. It doesn't flake or smudge or smear when most things do, and it is volumizing and lengthening, but not clumpy. I apply only one coat though, and don't like the look of overdone lashes. I do like the look of the original Voluminous mascara in the non-waterproof version a bit better, but that one flakes and smudges on me. It's important to point out that there are many varieties of the 'Voluminous' mascara from L'oreal out on the market, and they are definitely not comparable. My review is specifically on the Voluminous Original Waterproof formula, in the colour 360 Black. I've heard other colours like 'blackest black' even in the waterproof formula are not as smudge or flake proof as this specific one I am reviewing. So if you have issues with anything like that, make sure to get the right one.

About reviewer (167 reviews)

Age30-35