Pricey - yes, but it's worth it! There are lots of reviews for this online in the 'medium/light' but not as many for the 'medium/dark', so here's my take... Firstly the bronzer is a medium-brown with warm undertones and a slightly gold hue to it. Honestly for me it's a game changer, it's so smooth and unlike the vast majority of bronzers I've used before, the quality is just in a league of its own. Also it's not super-pigmented meaning I can apply lightly and build-up as needed - just as good for day wear as it is building it up for a dramatic evening look. The highlighter here is a beautiful orange-gold slightly shimmery shade and again the quality is fantastic, you can actually see the difference in both when comparing to an averagely-priced highlighter or bronzer.
Great for highlighting cheekbones, under brow area and also inner eyes. Time-wise I get around 7-8 hours from both the bronze and the highlighter before they start to fade. I can see this lasting a long time. For reference I'm nowhere near the bottom of the pan yet, despite having this in heavy rotation (almost daily use).
Would be fantastic if this could be brought out in more shades as I feel it would appeal to a much bigger audience. For example my work colleague (roughly NC35) who got me onto this doesn't use it in winter when she is at her most palest, as she falls somewhere between the 'dark/medium' and 'medium/light' but not squarely into either. For me dark/medium is just perfect all year round and once (and IF) I run out I will be repurchasing.
~ My HG list ~
(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)
1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Teeth Whitening Treatment - 'Any Brand' - Activated Charcoal Powder
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Athletes Foot Treatment: 'Margaret Dabbs' - Foot Hygiene Cream
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment