Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow
Filmstar Bronze & GlowFilmstar Bronze & GlowFilmstar Bronze & GlowCharlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & GlowFilmstar Bronze & Glow

4.4

Bronze: DIMETHICONE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, TITANUIM DIOXIDE (NANO), CETEARYL ISONONANOATE, TRIMETHYLSIOLXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE, EHTYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, MICA, POLYETHYLENE, NYLON-12, SILICA, DIMETHICONE/DIVINYLDIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE, [MAY CONTAIN ( /-): YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Highlight: CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, MICA, C12-13 ALKYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, OZOKERITE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA), POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE, [MAY CONTAIN ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77499), CARMINE (CI 75470), TIN OXIDE (CI 77861)]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of those products, that you just HAVE TO try on your face before buying. Believe me, years and years ago, I would swatch it on my hand and say "uhm, no!". Which is why I couldn't get the hype.

That was until I have actually (yes) tried it on myself and I was blown away by just how smooth, pigmented and flawless her powders are. I mean that contour/bronze shade in particular is worth every penny. I feel like I am a hollywood bronzed goddess whenever I wear it. Highlighter is very sophisticated and delicate too, you can easily amp it up by using a bit of Fix Plus, but other than that - there is really nothing bad about this duo. It is expensive, but you will love it and use it on a daily basis.

For those of you who are curious to know more about her bestsellers, I have unedited swatches, application tips and makeup look in a separate review here (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/16/Full-Face-Of-Charlotte-Tilbury-Bestsellers). I hope it helps!

This is a perfect product. I am medium skin tone so of course I cannot use the lighter shade as I normally would use a contour kit. It is not a contour pan for anyone other than fair skinned people. That being said I just use the darker color to sculpt and Contour while using the lighter color strictly as a highlighter. It's different than most Contour palettes because you would assume that the lighter shade is supposed to be used as a contour but it cannot be for anyone other than fair skin. Otherwise you're going to end up with highlighted forehead and everywhere else that you might apply the lighter shade in a contour kit normally. I continue to get this particular palette because I like the highlighter shade but for someone who's looking for a contour kit this may not be great. If I didn't already have another pan by another company of strictly light shade Contour I wouldn't really get the use out of this product. It's kind of weird that they placed a highlighter beside a Sculptor. Other than that it's a fabulous product so long as use it as a highlighter and not as a light Contour. That is what I've learned by trial and error with this product

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This applies like butter, I will give it that. The color is also great for those who are fair skinned, it looks incredibly natural. However, it has a gold sheen to it. After swiping across my forehead which is a bit large-it made my forehead reflect light (which is not something I want my bronzer/contour to do). I literally look like I have gold highlighter all over my forehead! It just doesn’t work with the shine it has to it, you can’t swipe this all over the face naturally.

This bronzer and highlighter is the stuff dreams are made of. And i dont say that lightly.

I use it all year round as its not too dark, but is great for summer as well as it doesnt get cakey on your cheeks if you want to build it up.

The same can be said for the highlight. It can be used for a nice subtle glow or for something a bit more OTT for a night out or an event. Goes great over liquid and powder - i cant recommend it enough. I have never found a better bronzer/highlight combination.

Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

The packaging to content, it’s all just wonderful I wish I bought it sooner.

Bronzed me up beautifully and the highlighter is a stunning shade which I also use as an eyeshadow.

Wears long and well worth the price

on 3/5/2018 10:40:00 AM

The perfect contour/highlight option that can be subtle or dramatic depending on your application. The colors blend together beautifully and are a cool/neutral shade, perfect for contouring.

on 2/11/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I was so hesitant to buy this product because it is quite expensive. Also, the bronzer seemed a little too light for my skin tone. I gave it shot and all I can say is wow. It’s my go to, every day look. A little tinted moisturizer (Nars) or light foundation (Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Aqua Nude), a quick swirl of bronzer in a “3” technique on each side, a little highlighter, done. The highlighter is amazing bc it looks super glittery but it’s not. It’s just a nice glow. I’m 43- I do not need glitter and heavy contour as it just ages. This is perfect although I do with it didn’t kick up so much product when you brush. I feel like you lose a lot of product in the dust up during application. Definitely will repurchase and maybe consider the darker shade for summer.

on 1/27/2018 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Lovely product, brought it as it was used on a make over I booked in using the dolce vita look.
The MUA made me look chiselled, it’s a nice warm bronzed coloured that’s not too orange. However it does take a lot of product to build up the desired look. I can never recreate what the make up artist did.

It is an expensive product for £49, the packaging itself is metal and clasp opening. I have somehow broken it so it no longer closes properly.

The highlighter gives a lovely candlelit glow i love.

on 12/18/2017 12:05:00 AM

I have gotten hooked on the CT line little by little. This for me is the perfect combo. I take my big fluffy brush and blend the two together and use all over my face. It gives the best wake up to a dull winter face. Love CT products. 7-18 I have gone back to this bronzer hi lighter combo now for about a month. In the inbetween I bought some other high end bronzers and hi lighters and hated them. Also bought It brand and Becca, and hourglass, just name a few also Jane Iredale, and I have to tell you for my skin and this is the best. I use this over a combination of CT 3 other products, one being the magic cream. I first use her compact powder which leaves me naturally finished, I take the bronzer side and use my bronzer brush over it and apply to my whole face, then I take the brush and go over juts the hi-lighter side and use on cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose on the upper part of my lip and under my eye brows. Then I combine the two and lightly dust all over. I am tan now but I do not ever tan my face, not even with a sunless tanner. I find that the magic cream provides me enough sun protection with the homosolate in it that for me there’s no need for any other sun screen. Also I can’t use most sun screens, they cause me lots of problems. One being plugged pores, no matter what they claim. I can tell you with going back to CT products my pores are less noticeable, my skin is softer, my tone is better, and most of all I have no break outs and no greasiness, no dryness.

on 10/29/2017 8:50:00 PM

To keep it short I love this:
The bronze shade is amazing for contouring and bronzing at the same time, not too warm or too grey, gives a subtle bronzy glow with no detectable shimmer.
The highlighter is a perfect light gold color, not too intense but rather natural and sophisticated, great for day time and looks very beautiful on the skin.

It's not chalky, powdery or drying on the face, its sheer and can built up.
Overall I don't think you can go wrong with this.