Guerlain Vol de Nuit

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Guerlain Vol de Nuit

4.6

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

We all know Shalimar is beautiful but many of us associate with an elderly family member that has worn it for the last 50 years. This exemplifies how good the fragrance is because it is still appealing after all these years. I don't know about you, but I want my fragrance choices to be unique. I don't want to smell like aunt Sheba (that's her scent).

Vol De Nuit is a beautiful woody oriental. It has many similarities to Shalimar but is a bit naughtier/sexier/edgier. I love this. It's Shalimar's prettier sister that doesn't go to as many parties and has a smaller social circle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I'm trying hard to square my experience of Vol de Nuit with some of the descriptions you ladies give, but it just isn't happening... To me it's not vintage glamour, or taupe velvet, or austere and magisterial; to me Vol de Nuit smells of babies - whisper-soft lemon and lavender, with a gentle dusting of powder. Ladies, you know when men say things like "I hate perfume" but you can't bear the thought of not wearing any when you're with him? Reach for this. He won't think "perfume", he'll just think clean, soft and snuggleable. I love this right out of the shower and into bed, it's so comforting and cozy, like a favourite blanket. And "snuggleable" IS so a word. ;-)

on 8/5/2007 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Thanks to the lovely lady, Jill, who made me a huge decant of this a swap, I got to try this fragrance once again. I could burst out into poetry over this, but I will spare you :). It's amazing. It makes me think of velvet, a heavy and incredibly soft fur coat, fresh pipe tobacco, dark red roses and old-fashioned face powder all in one. It conveys the same feeling as Guerlain's masculine masterpiece, Habit Rouge softness, darkness, quietude. Even in EdT form VdN is quite tenacious on me, despite my dry skin. It's expensive, yes, but for the individualist who is looking for a perfume that stands out in a crowd of generic florals, VdN is worth every penny.

on 9/8/2006 10:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Beautiful fragrance. The kind of luxury that you like to keep for yourself. A bit like silk pyjamas to me.

on 5/6/2005 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Simply a lovely scent - very comforting, a gentle skin scent on me. Opens with a bit of a powdery feeling that strikes me as old-fashioned (the scent was created in 30s, so of course), but that dissipates after about half an hour leaving just something soft and gentle and clean but not soapy. You want to bry your face in, breathe deep and rest.

Popular Fragrances