Guerlain Vol de Nuit

Guerlain Vol de Nuit

3.2

on 4/24/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Finally, I got to try Vol de Nuit, and it is just gorgeous! This is a soft oriental, similar to Shalimar, but a little more woody and less vanillic. It's very elegant and soft. I am more comfortable wearing this than Shalimar due to Shalimar's huge popularity and connection with elderly relatives. Terribly difficult to locate, I believe only Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman have it in their stores. Absolutely worth getting a decant to try if the stores near you don't carry Vol de Nuit. It is a true beauty, and I wish it were more available in the mainstream.

on 3/15/2009 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ok, I understand Vol de Nuit is a masterpiece. But, I don't think this is a wearable fragrance for me. I would describe Vol de Nuit as an intense oriental. The first thing that came to my mind was super skanky. The skank lets off heading into the dry down but the strong spices are still there. There is nothing floral at all about this fragrance......it's pure darkness. I would love to own a bottle (the bottle itself is beautiful) but I'm not sure if I'd have the opportunity to wear this.

on 8/22/2008 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Whoa, I'm having some problems with my "The Guide" 5 Stars... first "Chinatown," now this I just can't stand. Okay, I hated this less than the Chinatown but it dried down to what basically smelled like rubber. And not the clean new-tire rubber of "Bulgari Black," but a dirty old rubber ball, like the kind I used to bounce against a wall as a kid. This is weirding me out -- could it be I have a major personal problem with tuberose? I know tuberose has that rubber/butter smell I don't like, personally. But this doesn't have tuberose listed in the notes... Narcissus? Or could it be my chemistry is wacky this week and making everything smell bad? Maybe, but I simply can't say this stuff sucks, for me it just didn't work. I guess that's why perfumes are so fascinating, because how could Dame Diana Rigg be wrong?

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Strict, strong, confident, assertive and mature. Very noble scent, like a cold glance, a slap on the cheek with a leather glove, a sharp remark, a wise advice, a pencil skirt, black heels and a starched white shirt with an art deco broach. This Madame requires a certain kind of owner, someone I am not but perhaps will be in the future. I love smelling it on my skin as it takes me back to my grandmas home furnished with antiques and filled with African violets, but I just cant wear it. For now this is a little too magisterial for me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product smells like dust to me. I have a very sensitive nose, and even if I was under the duress of torture, I still couldn't actually distinguish the bland notes in this.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

THIS WAS AWFUL ON ME. IT ENDED UP SMELLING LIKE REALLY OLD HAIRSPRAY. I WAS REALLY DISSAPOINTED.

Popular Fragrances