Guerlain Vol de Nuit

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Guerlain Vol de Nuit

on 10/29/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Mitsouko and I simply don't get along. Shalimar is lovely but a bit too opulent on me, and besides, it's my mother's fragrance. Apres l'Ondee is a stunning floral, but I'm more of an oriental gal. L'Heure Bleue stays cold and aloof and never quite settles on my skin. But oh, Vol de Nuit is perfection.

It smells so similar to L'Heure Bleue at first that I get a little nervous. Then the magic happens. While L'Heure Bleue stays one-dimensional, Vol de Nuit warms and turns polished and golden and epitomizes pretty much everything I love about older classic perfumes with their powdery amber and vanillic benzoin and complexity and nostalgia. It also gets bonus points for having the most beautiful parfum bottle in the fragrance world. I would encourage fans of Caron's Nuit de Noel to also try Vol de Nuit, because they have a lot in common, both in scent and in overall feeling.

on 10/15/2008 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

VdN has become my signature fragrance-- it's spicy, soulful, complex yet accessible and eternal. I tried it first in the EDT which, while nice, lasted mere minutes on me. But then I tired the extrait (parfum) and it was love at first inhale, which only increased through all phases including its drydown. The Guerlainade is certainly in evidence, giving VdN a clear connection to Shalimar, but I find VdN more interesting and evocative. It is a timeless and very much still relevant fragrance, unlike almost all the scents developed in the last decade which are "flavor of the month" and fruity, or cloying or simply just annoying. VdN is, in my opinion, Guerlain at its finest!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried Vol de Nuit EDP for the first time this morning, and my truly picky husband (who seems to hate all my frangrances these days) said "Mmmm, you smell good."
And, I got more attention tonite than I've had in months. I was a bit skeptical when I smelled it in the bottle--definitely old-ladyish, it seemed. But on me it morphed into something lovely. Very hard to find, but worth the hunt. And the tiny purse spray with the blue and white design is so pretty and feminine. Another classy perfume from Guerlain!

on 4/9/2003 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It was love at first sniff with Vol de Nuit. Great name, bottle and scent. This scent mealts with my fur coats in the winter.

Popular Fragrances