Guerlain Vol de Nuit

Guerlain Vol de Nuit

4.3

on 11/21/2002 2:35:00 PM

I tried a sample of this that manon sent me (many thanks!). What a wonderful scent! I had, for some reason, never tried this one even though I'm something of a Guerlain-aholic. I don't have the notes to this one, but I know that it has bergamot and other citrus in the top and spices and some florals (I'm guessing iris) throughout. This scent started off as a light, sophisticated oriental on me and then dried down into this gorgeous, powdery, glamorous perfume. It's feminine and sexy, but also a little tough. This is no cream-puff perfume. Makes me think of Katherine Hepburn, for some reason. The drydown is a bit woodier and has the famous Guerlain signature to it. I must find myself a bottle of this stuff and fast!

on 12/22/2002 6:45:00 AM

This is such a fantastic fragrance, I was wearing Shalimar vor a long time, but recently it seams that everybody has re-discovered it, so I had to find something else...If you like Shalimar or Mitsouko, or L'Heure Bleu, you will definitely love this one. It's just pitty that I have the EDT..
Now I have the pure perfume - it is really divine! I still think that the EDT is a lovely option, the perfume is not stronger or much richer, but it lasts longer - something that the EDT unfortunately is not very good...Te pure perfume is more soft and creamy, the EDT-more spicy. But they are very much alike, which is unusual for an old Guerlain, where the pp is almost a different fragrance from the EDP, which is very different from the EDT.

on 12/25/2002 1:48:00 PM

Vol de Nuit is one of the few true loves that I hope to never be without. As I have professed admiration for Antoine de Saint-Exupery since I was a child AND am an aviation enthusiast, I was immediately attracted by the story behind the name of the fragrance and first purchased a huge bottle of the EDT unsniffed...One heartbreak later, this fragrance that I wore through it had come to mean too much, and after storing it in the back of the closet for months, I sold it off into good hands. Part three of this long story: Vol de Nuit and I are happily reunited--I've been enjoying the soft, full, amazing parfum. :-) It is a dry, woody oriental with a myriad facets, a fragrance of the intimate nature that is not a crowd-pleaser, just a romantic and generous gesture towards yourself, your personal aura of warmth and dreams.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Another big THANKS to manon for sending this sample. It is another fragrance that meets my requirements for the "perfect" scent: warm, inviting, comforting, something to nuzzle into with not too much florals. In my quest for the "perfect" fragrance, I discovered that I tend to like amber. Vol de Nuit has a wonderful amber fragrance. It is not sickening sweet like E'Coudray's Amber et Vanille nor is it over-powering like L'Artisans Amber Extreme. This is a fragrance to wear to bed--warm and sexy.

on 3/16/2003 4:06:00 AM

Out of all the Guerlain's I've tried so far, this is second only to Nahema. It starts with a lovely citrus topnote and melds into a melange of daffodil and vanilla. Very soft and feminine, but with a sparkle to it like stars in an evening sky (probably all that citrus weaving in and out). Thus the name:). I wish the citrus topnote stuck around longer, but I've only tried the EDT. I suspect the parfum is better. However, even the EDT is incredibly delightful. I think this would be a wonderful fragrance for spring.

on 4/9/2003 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It was love at first sniff with Vol de Nuit. Great name, bottle and scent. This scent mealts with my fur coats in the winter.

on 4/22/2003 1:48:00 PM

Do we all owe our sampling experience to dear manon? Vol de Nuit is an exquisite scent, and I am so grateful to Rachael for sending me this sample. I normally eschew scents with prominent iris notes, but its presence in the base is warmed up deliciously by vanilla and amber. I did not notice the citrus in the top notes, and the spicy notes fade away beautifully as the fragrance progresses. I believe this sample is EDT and unfortunately the lasting power is not the best. I imagine the parfum can only be even more exquisite.

on 6/1/2003 10:47:00 PM

i've been trying to find this fragrance to smell for years now...the story behind it had me hooked! and i expected it to be good, it's an older guerlain, created in the 30's IIRC. what i didn't expect was that upon opening my decant of vol de nuit, from the wondeful manon, i would fall in so in love with it that i immediately made plans to get rid of the majority of my collection...i had found my holy grail fragrance.
others here have already described it to perfection, and this does indeed seem like something katherine hepburn would wear. gorgeous!!

on 6/2/2003 3:34:00 AM

I love this one too. Soft, all-season scent that is not overpowering and perfect for work. Lots of base notes - sandlewood, etc. Classy and unusual.

OMG, I love this perfume. It's impossible to find in any store here in this part of the Midwest so I have to cruise EBay every so often. I'd give anything for Guerlain to make Vol de Nuit more accessible.

I hope Heaven smells this good!

Popular Fragrances