Guerlain Vol de Nuit

Filtered by age: 30-35
Guerlain Vol de Nuit

4.8

on 10/25/2017 12:49:00 PM

One of the most amazing fragrances around. And I mean it...
I own "L'heure bleue" and "Jardins de bagatelle" but "Vol de nuit" is by far my favorite. Very sensual and sophisticated without being too strong and chemical. Very understated yet elegant. But you have to OWN it. This is not a perfume for beginners ;)

The most beautiful thing I've ever smelled, and that includes rain, lilacs and hockey rinks. A sexy, seductive, intelligent, mysterious, aloof, hypnotic, animalistic, bombshell, come-hither, ballsy broad perfume.

on 10/28/2009 5:19:00 PM

Ive just recieved my first one, ordered online unsniffed, what a great surprise: I loved it! It reminds me of something that I have no idea what it is... as each one of all old guerlains I suppose. It surely has something of Shalimar but more fruitier and some insence leading into some animalic almost manly dark note. Amazing fragrance! Ill keep ordering unsniffed guerlain classics online as nothing compares to them. Thanks for all you girls reviewers that in a way are helping me on my relevance list!

on 3/15/2009 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ok, I understand Vol de Nuit is a masterpiece. But, I don't think this is a wearable fragrance for me. I would describe Vol de Nuit as an intense oriental. The first thing that came to my mind was super skanky. The skank lets off heading into the dry down but the strong spices are still there. There is nothing floral at all about this fragrance......it's pure darkness. I would love to own a bottle (the bottle itself is beautiful) but I'm not sure if I'd have the opportunity to wear this.

on 8/16/2008 7:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I finally get it, having tried Vol de Nuit in pure parfum. I struggled with this for a long time, reading the lyrical reviews and not understanding. When I spritzed it on (in EdT) all I got was a sharpish, leathery, animalic and not very pleasant drydown.

The Parfum is a different beast entirely, because it preserves the Guerlainade sweetness and powderiness. The animalic undertone is still there, making the scent verge interestingly - for me - on repellent. It never teeters over into unwearable because it is perfectly counterbalanced by a rich sweetness. And the result is an evocative beauty - this is what a thirties starlet in furs and lipstick would have worn. Intensely nostalgic.

on 6/7/2008 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Yay! Finally got my hands on a sample of VdN and I love it! The sandalwood in this fragrance is wonderful! I'd put this in the same family as Caron's Tabac Blond. Vol de Nuit and Tabac Blond don't smell the same but they are similar in a smoky vanilla woods kind of way. One reminds you of the other. Will be adding this to my collection ASAP!

on 1/23/2008 10:56:00 PM

Though I own many, many scents, this is my signature fragrance. It is soft without being powdery, spicy in a warm, unaggressive way, and yet also evokes a bit of melancholy. It is deeply feminine; it is the perfume of a woman who knows her own heart and mind. I have never found another fragrance that is so evocative. I wear the EDT and find that it does have moderate staying power. I do not think the parfum has the same depth, although I will occasionally wear a bit on my pulse points in combination with the EDT to increase the staying power.

on 7/2/2006 1:10:00 PM

Cerebral and velvety. Taupe velvet, to be precise.

on 6/20/2006 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm reviewing the extrait (parfum). I tried it half a year ago at a Guerlain workshop and wanted to have a bottle ever since. Well, I got it! But at first spritz, the scent appears much stronger than I remembered - perhaps I then tried the EDT? The start reminds me of Cartier Baiser du Dragon, which I find too masculine. Luckily, Vol de Nuit makes an interesting change from sharp to spicy to finally a vanilla/warm/soft/cozy close to the skin scent. Very classic, very grown up. I'll use my precious perfume for those special 'dramatic' occasions, like the Ballet (La Bayadere this year!) or the Opera (Madame Butterfly - my favorite, in spring 2007, yes!).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I got my first bottle of Vol de Nuit 15 years ago on holiday in France.
Although I was just 15, I loved ladylike scents...I had quite a collection...even then. My mother bought me this from a delightful little parfumerie in Vichy.
Now, everytime I wear Vol de Nuit, I'm transported back to this wonderful summer holiday. To me, Vol de Nuit and Aprs L'onde are the most wearable of all the Guerlains I own...

Popular Fragrances