e.l.f. Cosmetics Blush Palette (Dark)

e.l.f. Cosmetics Blush Palette (Dark)

4.5

Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Nylon-12, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve)May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)

on 5/12/2018 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This has 3 things going for it: fantastic packaging, great colors, and pigmentation. The palette is durable, it has this fantastic big quality mirror, and you can interchange colors between elf palettes and thus create custom palettes. The colors are very flattering on my NC 42 skintone, and are intense enough pigmentation wise they will show up on skin much deeper than mine.

That is where the good ends. The finish of the blushes is not ideal. They look dry and get patchy so easily. The only way I have found to be able to apply them evenly/smoothly is with a paddle style blush brush (like the elf blush brush) in sweeping motions. If I attempt to apply it in blending motions, or to buff the blush, it gets patchy.

I won't repurchase BECAUSE they are so finicky to blend and look patchy so easily. I will still keep using the palette though, as my oily skin or setting spray easily fixes the finish of them, and they apply allright with the elf blush brush in sweeping motions.

The only reason I would suggest to get this is for the mirror and to learn what shades look flattering on you to then purchase better performing blushes.

e.l.f. Powder Blush Palette in Dark is the best bargain in blush palettes available!

Although my skintone falls into the medium-light category, after looking at both the "Light" and "Dark" versions of this palette, I decided to purchase the "Dark," because it's fairly simple to sheer out a too-dark shade of blush when necessary (use a synthetic brush, then first dip it into a translucent finishing powder and tap off the excess before dipping into the blush). However, you cannot make a too-light blush darker.

The shades offered in this palette are lovely. The peachy tone in the upper left-hand corner is a bit lighter than the photo, while the brown shade in the lower right-hand corner is closer to a true brown (not terra cotta as the photo might lead you to believe) and is a good shade to use as a matte bronzer.

I typically use the e.l.f. Mineral Powder Brush ($3.00) to apply, as my face is on the smaller size and I've found this brush works best to apply blush (and highlighter/illuminators) exactly where I want it.

Despite the palette's budget pricing, the blushes are firmly pressed and I've experienced no crumbling/flaking (OTOH, I haven't experimented with dropping it - nor do I plan to!).

The e.l.f. Powder Blush Palette in Dark is definitely a winner for e.l.f.. Buy this, and put aside the money you saved for something you cannot dupe with e.l.f. cosmetics; like a really nice high-end eyeshadow palette, or a bottle of your favorite perfume!

on 8/7/2017 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I do find this palette to be a bit too dark for me but honestly these colors are amazing. I ended up using them as eyeshadows more but they suit me pretty well.

on 5/30/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This palette is amazing!!! I doubt you will be able to find such a quality product for this price anywhere else. I have the dark blush palette and man, are these blushes pigmented on my dark skin!! These blushes are beautiful and the texture is perfect. I never had a desire to have a blush palette and I am so glad I picked this gem up. For ladies that are getting into wearing make up, this is a must buy!!!

on 2/23/2017 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on board with all the other reviews on MUA - this is a great, great blush palette. I went with the dark palette, mostly because I liked the tone of the colors more in the dark than the light palette. Check swatches online to compare.

Love this. Definitely, definitely use with a light hand. These are pigmented and I love love love the shades. Such a great buy. It will last me forever. I'm even tempted to try using these as a wild crease color on my eyes. Just beautiful.

on 2/3/2017 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Holy hell, this is the HG of blushes. Beautifully pigmented and long-lasting, a little goes a long way with this blush. I find E.L.F. products to be hit or miss, but this is a fantastic product that easily rivals NARS for only a fraction of the price. A bonus: the packaging is elegant yet efficient!
Eventually, when I run out of this stuff, I will surely repurchase it!
UPDATE 3/14/2017: Still love this palette, but my only real quibble is that the colour doesn't last as long as I'd like.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this blush palette - it has the perfect shades for autumn/winter!

Pigmentation is amazing and the blushes are long-lasting and easy to blend meaning that the quality is on par with high end brands if not better.

Although this palette was likely made for darker skins I am a NC15 and I find these blushes easy to use so long as they are applied with a reasonably light hand.

Cannot fault this palette!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A really nice affordable blush set that is highly pigmented and not dusty/powdery at all. The shades have great staying power. I do wish the compact was much easier to open.

on 11/11/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Pigmented blushes, but they feel hard pressed into the pan (similar to tarte blushes), but not as long lasting or as blendable. Make sure you tap the excess product off your brush because they are extremely pigmented. What you see in the pan is what you get!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Holy guacamole. This blush is, like, next level good. At what other point in your life can you say you found four full-size blushes, creamy, pigmented, and long-wearing.. for $6 DOLLARS? Definitely a first for me.

I've tried them all, and they're all home runs. They are SUPER pigmented, so use a light hand especially if you are fair or light skinned. They don't kick up a ton of powder and blend like butter into the skin. Believe me when I say, just a dab will do ya. They are also MATTE, a nice change of pace from the usual drugstore glimmer and shimmer.

The packaging is also excellent for the price. Sturdy, sleek, with a nice big ol' mirror. Truly, such amazing quality and longevity for the ptice. Picking this up is a no-brainer; it might just be the smartest makeup decision you'll ever make!

Popular Blush Products