Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB

3.5

Zinc Oxide 6.4, Titanium Dioxide 5.1; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Methicone, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Parfum (Fragrance), Bisabolol, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Laureth-12, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

I had this as a sample from the summer. It came with the cleanser, which I love. I needed the small sizes for the plane trip back from Vegas. This seemed really greasy at first, so I didn't try it on my face.. A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a review of this and decided to try it. I love it! You don't need much and it absorbs very quickly. No break outs and I think my skin looks better and more hydrated. This costs less than my usual Ole Henriksen ( which I can't buy in Canada!), so I will buy this when I run out. I love the smell, and it works like a primer. My skin is much drier than it used to be, but I am still acne prone. So far, I have had no break outs or irritation!

on 10/19/2016 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Around a month ago, I ran out of daytime moisturizer, SPF, and primer all at the same time. I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if I could find a product that was all three in one?" Well, this is it. I present to you the Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB (I know it's been on the market for a while, but bear with me here.. it's new to me.)

It's $32.00 for 2fl oz. Given that I use this as a multi-purpose product it saves me money and time getting ready in the morning, which I appreciate. The consistency is that of a thin lotion. The color is white but it leaves no white cast on my skin (I'm fair-complected though and can't speak for all skintones.) There is an apricot scent to this, which is quite nice. Some might consider the addition of fragrance to be a drawback when it comes to skincare. If I spent close to or over $100 on a skincare item and there was fragrance added, I'd dislike that because they could've included an additional skincare benefit instead. But given the cost of this product, it doesn't bother me that there's fragrance in it. I'm not paying a ton of money so I don't expect for them to pack every little skincare benefit in that they can.

At first, I was using way too much of this. The first week of use I doubted my purchase. At first I was using the same amount that I'd use with my old sunscreen... 3-4 pumps. Now I've refined my routine. In the morning I cleanse and tone. Then apply two pumps of this. I use one pump on the top half of my face and one on the bottom half. I let it dry for about five minutes then go directly on top with makeup.

I have normal skin and this is the perfect amount of moisture for me. I feel that I'm getting the necessary protection provided by the high SPF. Plus, the presence of dimethicone makes this work as a primer for me. To me a good primer moisturizes and smooths, and this does both. Since I'm moisturized and am applying to a smooth, evened out base, I find that my makeup lasts longer.

At first when I was using too much of this, I found that my face stayed tacky, like the moisturizer never really set. Once I started using the proper amount, it sinks in in about five minutes and my face just feels smooth. It doesn't break me out whatsoever.

This is a physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide + zinc oxide) and I must say I enjoy it far more than any chemical sunscreen I've tried. I like the fact that this moisturizer contains green tea (an antioxidant) and argan oil (which agrees with my skin.)

This product is cruelty-free but not vegan, if that's important to you. It contains beeswax.

Overall I LOVE this product and will continue to repurchase. If they offer it in a larger bottle I'm getting a bigger size next time.

on 9/19/2016 3:20:00 PM

I bought an SPF47 moisturizer of Josie Maran's years ago, and had heard it was reformulated and it was great now. That was a reason for me to give it another try, since the one I tried sucked. The other one smelled like Pez candies, this one smells fruity. Both scents were pleasant. This one seems richer, yet doesn't leave that weird white cast. However, it isn't very moisturizing and leaves the skin tacky. Estee Lauder's SPF50 moisturizer is much better.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product is more of a sunscreen than a moisturizer, as it did not satisfy my skin's need for moisture when I wore this alone. It does have a white cast about it that appears to go away especially after I apply my foundation. It is very greasy leaving the skin looking as if it needs to be blotted. Not a repurchase for me. I do like it on my no make up days since it does not appear to stay greasy when you are bare faced for the day. It does not break my skin out which is amazing considering how oily it is. It smells really nice- like coconuts and the beach, but not overly so.

on 6/18/2016 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

No whitecast. I am a light olive tone. Moisturizing enough without having to use additional serum or moisturizer. Makeup glides on easily. Broad spectrum sunscreen. There is nothing not to like about this product. I use 2 pumps. One for the upper face. The other for the lower face and neck. Yes , applying it in 2 parts help to give an even and less oily appearance. The other sunscreen i am using is Shiseido SPF 50. I love both equally but prefer to use JM for under makeup. Shiseido is slightly too dry for my foundation to glide as smoothly.

on 6/18/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I need a few things from a sunscreen:
- My skin can be sensitive to chemical formulas so I prefer mineral formulas.
- I have pretty dry skin so I like my sunscreen to be moisturizing so I don't have to layer it over moisturizer.
-If it's a physical sunscreen I need it to blend well and not leave a white cast on my Indian complexion

Because a lot of drugstore physical sunscreens leave a white cast on my face that's hard to rub in and/or aren't very moisturizing, I usually end up buying high end sunscreens. My current HG is FABs pure mineral sunscreen, but after going through a couple tubes of that, I decided to branch out and try this Josie Maran stuff.

This is a great physical sunscreen. It blends in easily and is super, super moisturizing. The product itself has a pleasant floral scent that isn't too overpowering. It does leave my skin pretty shiny looking, so if I'm leaving the house right away I need to blot with powder, but I have no problem applying my makeup over this sunscreen. I have the 4 oz bottle and the travel size, which is just a miniature version of the full size bottle. I like the full size bottle, which is glass and looks great on my vanity. My only issue with it is I have to pump the dispenser about 10 times to get the recommended quarter teaspoon of product for my face. The travel size has a much better dispenser (I only need to pump once or twice) and I appreciate that it's refillable, but I wish Josie Maran provided a travel-size squeeze tube rather than a pump glass bottle since the bottle needs to be kept upright to work well, and that's not always possible when traveling.

I just finished the large 4 oz bottle of this sunscreen. It is a pretty heavy product, so I'll probably refrain from repurchasing until fall/winter, but I can totally see myself buying this again and would definitely recommend it to those of you with dry and/or sensitive skin.

on 5/21/2016 11:05:00 PM

Recently I've had really dry dehydrated skin so I thought this might be a good sunscreen/moisturizer for me, however, this moisturizer felt so greasy, sticky and thick that I really disliked it. You also get a white cast from this and I never felt that it really absorbed, it just felt greasy all day. The fragrance was pleasant although I prefer unscented products.

on 5/10/2016 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Pleasantly surprised by this one. I got it in a gift pack and it wasn't really promoted as great for dry skin but I've been wearing it everyday during winter here and I haven't gotten any dry/flaky patches. Love the SPF and the consistency, thick liquid but absorbs easily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this product since around December (it's may as I write this review.) It took some getting used to, but I have come to love it. I have very dry, sensitive skin and this moisturizes and has high sun protection, without giving me a rash or irritation.

The product is very high in silicone, so it can feel greasy, especially in the winter. If the temperature is cold, I recommend warming this product slightly (either by sticking the bottle under your arm or running warm water on it). It it easier to apply when the weather is warm.

The high silicone means it really does work as a primer (as recommended by JM) for LIQUID foundation. I let it soak in for about 10 minutes, then apply Laura Mercier Candleglow Foundation. I get a great, smooth application and I think it does help the makeup last without drying it out. However, when I've tried using MAC Studio Fix powder on top of this, it rubs off immediately onto my clothes. So it doesn't suit the powder.

I keep a small bottle of this in my purse to protect my hands from the sun, as well.

I took one star off the packaging because I recently bought the "Luxury Size" and the pump on this large size is not as good as the pump on smaller sizes. The pump on this larger, more expensive size dispenses very little product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been on the sunscreen merry-go-round since moving to Florida last summer and developing sun damage on my cheeks rather quickly while soaking up the gorgeous weather. Since that time, I've also gotten a job where I work outdoors 90% of the time, and also started an Rx cream that requires sun protection at all times. I prefer a physical sunscreen as reapplication is not such a necessity as with chemical sunscreens, and IMO they are just more effective.

Prior to trying this product, I had been using Bare Republic's tinted facial sunscreen. It works well, but does not play well with my other products (moisturizer and foundation) and everything balls up when I use it. Someone on MU board recommended this to another member, and I like some of Josie's other products well enough that I decided to give the 1/2 ounce bottle a shot.

I am so glad I did! It is very thick and moisturizing on my dry skin. At first it does have a white cast and oily appearance, but after 5 minutes or so it all sinks in and I just have happy looking, healthy protected skin. I use 2 pumps for my face and neck. It plays nicely with all of my foundations (oil, serum and water based) and smells fantastic. In the winter I just layer a light coat of moisturizer under it to give it a boost and the moisture lasts all day. My occasional flakes from the Rx can be controlled with just this stuff and a bit of CeraVe Healing Ointment, which also plays well with this sunscreen.

Overall I am very pleased and will definitely repurchase, in a larger size next time.