Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB

3.7

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Zinc Oxide 6.4, Titanium Dioxide 5.1; INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Methicone, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Parfum (Fragrance), Bisabolol, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Laureth-12, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

I use this everyday. In summer I use around my eyes to moisturize and then layer with a mattifying sunscreen as I am oily in the T zone. In the winter it helps keep my skin from drying out. I usually layer my sunscreens anyway to accommodate my oily areas.

on 8/14/2018 2:05:00 PM

I'm shocked this isn't rated higher! I've tried innumerable sunscreens over the years and I can say with confidence that this is - by far - the best everyday facial SPF I've ever used. The formula is like nothing else on the market, it's the only sunscreen I've used that improves the quality of my skin (it's that moisturizing Argan Oil). I can use it as an eye cream and it doesn't irritate in the slightest. It doesn't break me out either, which is rare. As long as you give it five minutes to sink in it plays fairly well under makeup. I'm already pale so the whiteness issue others have mentioned don't effect me. That said, this sunscreen isn't nearly as white as most other mineral sunscreens. It goes on white but disappears pretty quickly, and if it's still too pale for you then get the tinted version.

The pump always dispenses the right amount so it never gets messy. I use 2-3 pumps for face, and 3 pumps for neck & chest. I also use it on the back of my hands and top of feet (when exposed) since it's so moisturizing. I really like that the packaging is amber glass, but be extra careful - I knocked over a full bottle of this once and it shattered all over my bathroom!

I do have one concern with this product though and that is: it's almost too sheer. Zinc oxide and Titanium dioxide are what gives sunscreens their white cast (the higher the SPF the whiter they are). This SPF gives off the faintest cast of any mineral SPF I've ever tried, which makes me skeptical that it could offer as high as SPF47 protection (plus the percentages of these minerals are not as high as other sunscreens touting only SPF30). Because of this, I wouldn't be confident using this if I'm going to spend ALL DAY outside. But again, for an everyday sunscreen it doesn't get any better.

P.S. I wish Josie would bring back the travel size and jumbo versions.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow! This has to be one of the better mineral based facial moisturizers with SPF I have ever used. For the longest time I have used Bare Minerals Prep Step and the lack of cosmetic elegance is now starting to get to me. Just like most of the other products out there, it feels and smells like a sunscreen. Josie Maran’s has a pleasant fruity scent and really feels like a regular moisturizer going on. Yes, it’s a bit greasy initially but this is due to the argan oil and soaks in quickly. And it’s the first mineral-based sunscreen I’ve ever use that actually feels moisturizing. Many of them feel quite drying and like they leave a film on the skin. I wouldn’t really recommend this moisturizer with SPF fo and it’s the first mineral-based sunscreen I’ve ever use that actually feels moisturizing. Many of them feel quite drying and like they leave a film on the skin. I wouldn’t really recommend this moisturizer with SPF for people with oily skin, but for people with dry to combination skin it feels really nice. Another caveat, I also would not use this in humid climates because I can imagine with the higher oil content it might get sticky.

UPDATE: Still adore this sunscreen and feel it’s the best I have ever used but downgrading my review to four stairs because this stuff is so damn thick! While it feels nice and moisturizing, and absorbs well within a few minutes, the application is kind of a headache. It’s so hard to spread on my skin that I feel like I really have to work it in and tug on my delicate skin. Because it doesn’t spread well I do have to use at least six pumps to cover my whole face and neck. I found the best way to use it is to make tiny pumps of the product all over my face rather than pump it into my hands first. That way the majority of the product doesn’t just stick to my palms. Still love this - just wish it was a little creamier and today I might dry mixing in just a dab of my regular face cream to help it spread.

on 4/25/2018 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only daytime moisturizer I'll ever use again (until they discontinue it of course.) Any time I stray from this I regret it. For me this product is a moisturizer, SPF, & primer all in one. I LOVE the apricot scent, the fact that it has broad spectrum SPF 47 (protecting the skin from both UVA & UVB rays), & that it's moisturizing enough for my "normal" skin type. Two pumps is all you need, then let it sink in for about 30 seconds & you're ready to apply makeup. I've never had a problem with the packaging & I enjoy the simplicity of the label. Have repurchased many times & will continue to do so. I can't get enough!

on 4/21/2018 3:49:00 PM

I'm glad I found this SPF/moisturizer. I prefer mineral sunscreen over chemical (avobenzone + well water = orange stains on white clothing). This is the first one I've tried that doesn't leave a white cast, and it doesn't feel drying on my mature skin. It has a very light fragrance that fades after application. It can be somewhat greasy, but that might be because I use argan oil as a moisturizer before my sunscreen. I don't usually wear foundation, so I either blot my face with a tissue, or brush on a bit of Mineral Veil powder and I'm good to go.

on 2/6/2018 6:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am really surprised the reviews for this aren't higher! It's the most pleasant moisturizer with sunscreen I've ever used. I really appreciate the physical block (chemical makes me break out) and the glow it gives me, (and that's the untinnted version). Very easy to apply and almost seems to have a tightening effect, if that makes any sense--certainly a smoothing, priming one that goes well under base and blush. I've gotten compliments on my skin since beginning to use. I tend to react to fragrance as well but this one is very light and natural-seeming. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This has become my holy grail moisturizing facial sunscreen. I can wear it alone for great protection or under a foundation. I've used it under Tarte, MAC, Max Factor, MUFE HD, L'Oreal, and NYX foundations with no issues.
I have combo skin and have had no problems. I live in the desert and ride a motorcycle, so I've put this product through the paces. My only complaint is with the pump in the bottle. I wish the hole was slightly larger.

Highly recommend this product!

on 4/28/2017 2:24:00 AM

A great daily moisturizer without the greasy feel that normally accompanies SPF. No shine if worn solo. Packaging feels very secure. Glad they sell different sizes as well, as I don't like to buy huge sizes of products that may deteriorate over time (especially if they're expensive).

I had this as a sample from the summer. It came with the cleanser, which I love. I needed the small sizes for the plane trip back from Vegas. This seemed really greasy at first, so I didn't try it on my face.. A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a review of this and decided to try it. I love it! You don't need much and it absorbs very quickly. No break outs and I think my skin looks better and more hydrated. This costs less than my usual Ole Henriksen ( which I can't buy in Canada!), so I will buy this when I run out. I love the smell, and it works like a primer. My skin is much drier than it used to be, but I am still acne prone. So far, I have had no break outs or irritation!

on 10/19/2016 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Around a month ago, I ran out of daytime moisturizer, SPF, and primer all at the same time. I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if I could find a product that was all three in one?" Well, this is it. I present to you the Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB (I know it's been on the market for a while, but bear with me here.. it's new to me.)

It's $32.00 for 2fl oz. Given that I use this as a multi-purpose product it saves me money and time getting ready in the morning, which I appreciate. The consistency is that of a thin lotion. The color is white but it leaves no white cast on my skin (I'm fair-complected though and can't speak for all skintones.) There is an apricot scent to this, which is quite nice. Some might consider the addition of fragrance to be a drawback when it comes to skincare. If I spent close to or over $100 on a skincare item and there was fragrance added, I'd dislike that because they could've included an additional skincare benefit instead. But given the cost of this product, it doesn't bother me that there's fragrance in it. I'm not paying a ton of money so I don't expect for them to pack every little skincare benefit in that they can.

At first, I was using way too much of this. The first week of use I doubted my purchase. At first I was using the same amount that I'd use with my old sunscreen... 3-4 pumps. Now I've refined my routine. In the morning I cleanse and tone. Then apply two pumps of this. I use one pump on the top half of my face and one on the bottom half. I let it dry for about five minutes then go directly on top with makeup.

I have normal skin and this is the perfect amount of moisture for me. I feel that I'm getting the necessary protection provided by the high SPF. Plus, the presence of dimethicone makes this work as a primer for me. To me a good primer moisturizes and smooths, and this does both. Since I'm moisturized and am applying to a smooth, evened out base, I find that my makeup lasts longer.

At first when I was using too much of this, I found that my face stayed tacky, like the moisturizer never really set. Once I started using the proper amount, it sinks in in about five minutes and my face just feels smooth. It doesn't break me out whatsoever.

This is a physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide + zinc oxide) and I must say I enjoy it far more than any chemical sunscreen I've tried. I like the fact that this moisturizer contains green tea (an antioxidant) and argan oil (which agrees with my skin.)

This product is cruelty-free but not vegan, if that's important to you. It contains beeswax.

Overall I LOVE this product and will continue to repurchase. If they offer it in a larger bottle I'm getting a bigger size next time.