Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster

Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster
Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster

-Aloe Vera-DHA-ErythruloseAqua/Water/Eau-Dihydroxyacetone, Alcohol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Erythrulose, Xanthan Gum, Caramel, Citric Acid, Ethylene Brassyla, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

I have been using this product for about 2 yrs now.
I tan easily in Summer but my face is just too pale in Winter.

I use 3 drops when I paused a few days or 2 drops every 2-3 days.I use it in the morning and sometimes even apply makeup after a few minutes. Golden glow by lunchtime :-)

pros:
- can be added to any cream, lotion or oil
- customisable
- even result every time
- has never irritated my relatively sensitive skin
- believable colour, i was NEVER asked if I used anything. Only got compliments how I look so fresh in Winter.
- no self tanner smell!
- the bottle lasts for ages, seriously

con:
- initial price to purchase - cheaper in France

If you have no results, your skin might be too exfoliated for the process to work. You actually need some dead skin cells for self tanners to develop colour.
I exfoliate max. 1xweek.

I am on my second bottle. 1 Bottle lasts me approx 1 year. I don`t use it in the summer, as I practically live outdoors then :-)

I hope this was helpful.

on 4/5/2018 9:27:00 AM

So my skin is very fair, maybe NW13 or even paler. 4 drops mixed in 1/2 tsp lotion on my face at night for 2-3 nights gives me a very very light "tan". It looks as natural as any fake tan ever looks (this has DHA + erythrulose, so the 2 existing self tan agents). Haven't seen any streaking. I have dry flaky skin, but haven't noticed it getting drier from this either. I use it with a fairly heavy clinical body lotion.
Edit: I lost patience one night and used 6 drops, after first rubbing quite a lot to get off a mascara, and it stung a bit and I woke up with a few red stingy bumps. So use as directed I guess.
Pros:
- *Very* minimalist formula means it doesn't interfere with the my skincare routine, which is my main thing with it. No oil-soluble ingredients, just water, DHA, alcohol, glycerin, aloe, erythrulose, xanthan gum, coloring, citric acid, preservatives and a musk perfume chemical (ethylene brassylate - it doesn't have a discernible "scent", though; this substance is often used lightly just to offset other smells). Fake tan smell is much much less intense than from the St Tropez products I have - barely noticeable really.
Cons:
- Expensive as hell, I use a cheaper fake tan lotion on neck and chest
- Not cruelty free
- Guessing folks with deeper skin than mine will get impatient with it. I do sometimes. It's probably not an option for anyone who regularly self-tans, or anyone with medium and deeper toned skin.

Btw, DHA leaves skin much more prone to free radical damage from sunlight for at least 24 hours, so you should use serious SPF the next day even if you normally don't.

on 3/30/2018 7:52:00 AM

This product was presented to me at Sephora as a radiance booster. I decided to give it a try. It is absolutely one of the worst products I have ever used. It has a extremely sticky texture that does not absorb into the skin. I tried using for about one week and noticed zero benefits. It also interred with my other skin care. I am sad to have waisted the money on this, it went in the trash.

I've used it every day for a month - first with 2 drops, then i went up to 4, then 5 and eventually 6 (!) but it has done absolutely nothing whatsoever :(

I usually use the Clarins Liquid Bronze but I tried this on recommendation from the lady at the John Lewis Clarins counter. I thought it would be good to add to my night time routine so I can wash it off in the morning and get rid of the weird fake tan smell you always get. I know this is a gradual tanner rather than a full strength fake tan but as I wear a high SPF every day and I have very fair skin I thought this would be perfect to maintain a soft summer glow.

After reading all of these reviews think I must have bought a dud or something because no matter how much I use or what moisturiser I mix it with, it doesn't do a thing. Back to the Liquid Bronze for me...

on 12/14/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is great!
I'm very fair, so any sort of tanning in the sun makes my skin red, dry and irritated. Also if I do get a very slight colour it lasts maybe a week. Considering the risks with tanning, I really wanted to try a self-tanner to not look so pasty all the time. Mixing 4-5 drops into moisturizer really gives a result in 2-3 days. The tiny bottle lasts a long time and the tan is very natural.

on 10/1/2017 9:00:00 AM

This is a great, really convenient, self tanner. It doesnt smell like most others do. I never had any streaks. I only want a hint of colour (especially in the winter) som maybe if you want to look REALLY tanned it might not be enough (I dont know, didnt try...) Im on my 3rd bottle now...I normally use one drop daily so one bottle lasts me for about 9 months. That justifies the price.

on 7/5/2017 8:01:00 AM

I have dry skin and self tanners always dry out my face (but it's ok on my body). I have tried Clarins' other products for my face with the same result - dry flaky skin...until I tried this product - I love it! I think because you mix it with your moisturizer, it counters the drying effects of DHA. This is a build-as-you-go so only use it until you get the desired colour and then use once or twice a week for maintenance. I

on 8/17/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a fab idea. Simply add a few drops to your moisturiser & it gradually builds up a gentle golden glow over e few hours. I use this on holiday as my legs never change colour :( and it looks so natural. I've had my bottle for a year now & still going strong ;)

on 5/7/2016 8:08:00 AM

I had very high expectations for this reading the reviews. I was very disappointed.
I loved the idea of it because I only use gradual tanners on my body and never build them up to a full tan because I like the more natural rather glowy golden than tanned look, so I was scared shitless of trying an actual tanner on my face and ending up like an oompa-loompa. This seemed great because it's so customisable.

I was careful and only used 3 drops in a fair amount of my vichy night cream and was VERY thorough in blending. I even applied my cream about 45 minutes before going to bed to be sure that it had absorbed and it wouldn't rub of on my pillows.

However the next morning even though I barely noticed an overall tan, it had gone patchy and left certain areas of my face looking muddy.

I've spend too much time and money on brightening serums to even out my pigmentation to even try this again.

It's a shame because the packaging is great so I think It would've lasted me a long time with good value-for-money.

on 5/6/2016 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because it smells divine and was so happy that it gave my face the most beautiful glow. You can go darker but I like that healthy, very light tan look