Redken Color Extend Magnetics

Redken Color Extend Magnetics

4.2

on 4/13/2017 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I started dying my hair 2 months ago and have been using this shampoo and conditioner exclusively with it. I am so far very impressed.

I love that it's sulfate free. The other sulfate free shampoo I tried was Shea Moisture which was awful for me. It dried my hair and the next day it was greasy. I bought these from Ulta after my hair stylist recommended it. It lathers so well and has a really nice scent.

I have dandruff issues and this doesn't aggravate it like other products. My scalp doesn't get itchy and I don't get nearly as many flakes as I used to with other products.

Does it extend the color in my hair? I think so. I only have to wash my hair 2-3x a week when I use this, whereas I used to have to wash it almost every other day. Washing your hair too much is a great way to fade color so I think this helps to extend the color in that regard.

Pros
Lathers well
Makes my hair shiny and soft
Doesn't aggravate my sensitive scalp
Doesn't make my hair oily as quickly as other shampoos and conditioners
Sulfate free

Cons
None so far. I do wish it didn't have fragrance but it hasn't irritated my scalp yet.

I've been using this product for 2 months and if my opinion is to change I'll definitely update. I just got a touch up on my color after 8 weeks and it's still working well.

wow what a piece of crap was this product...i still cannot get over the fact how big this product has disappointed me ..enough to never buy products from this brand ever again
initially i went to the hair shop to buy the all soft conditioner which has raving reviews on mua ,but since i had recently dyed my hair i thought this might be a better match for me in order to preserve my hair color longer..so i decided to buy it ,despite the fact it was ridiculously expensive around 20 euros for a 250 ml bottle..price vs size is a major con but this is not the only problem
when i first tried it ,the smell threw me off a bit ,it smells very chemical-ey ...the formula is very tick and rich and the plastic bottle very rigid so i had to struggle trying to squeeze the product out every time..i applied it only from the mid half to the ends since i got oily scalp and dry ends..when i blow dried , i was shocked to see how coarse dull and lifeless this crap has made my hair ...i was expecting at least to see some shine for that ridiculous price tag but nope ...i was so angry that i was considering returning it but since the return policy in my country kinda sucks , ive decided to give this product another try(im kinda stubborn sometimes) ...ive used this in a total of 3 or 4 times and each time it has made my hair worse than not applying any conditioner... just coarse ,dull ,frizzy ,it looked like a broom.....if u want to waste money on a useless product that its not even doing what it was designed for (conditioning ,hydrating) go ahead and buy this crap....i am still not decided what to do with it probably i will toss since i wouldnt recommend it not even to my worst enemy

on 1/29/2016 3:04:00 PM

I used both the shampoo and conditioner from this line together. Although I liked what this did for my hair, it was moisturizing, I had no tangles after just shampoo, smelled fantastic, it also broke me out terribly, on my face, scalp and neck. I tried washing my skin after I used these products, and still had painful breakouts everywhere. Such a shame, as otherwise I enjoyed both products.

on 7/26/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this conditioner after I dyed my hair with blonde highlights. I worked well and kept my color vibrant. I gave it a three because I am following a more natural route but it did condition my hair well and worked its purpose.

on 7/21/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love it - just as good if not better than the old Color Extend conditioner formula. Similar packaging and slightly higher price. I use the conditioner nearly every day and was able to get a 1 liter pump-top bottle at Ulta for $23 (reg. $35).

I like it so i pay it.

on 7/19/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I used this conditioner with the shampoo of the same label and couldn't be happier. The conditioner is very thick and rich. Interestingly the bottle holds 1.5 oz less than the 10-oz shampoo bottle. But because it is so rich I used a smaller amount of conditioner than shampoo for each wash. Ended up finishing both bottles right around the same time. I'd be a bit happier if the fragrance was not so floral, but it's barely detectable after my hair dries and just smells clean. Will buy again.

on 1/18/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just like the shampoo... a lil pricey but totally worth it. This is amazing. Leaves my hair soft and shiny and my color rich.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this conditioner with the matching shampoo. Wonderful scent, leaves my hair very soft and manageable, and doesn't weigh my hair down. The only thing I hate is the darn packaging. Who the heck decided it was a good idea to freaking make the conditioner smaller than the shampoo!? It drives me crazy. I use double the amount of conditioner as I do shampoo so this is just downright stupid. Still, it's a wonderful product and I've repurchased it several times now.

on 7/9/2014 6:37:00 PM

Love this conditioner. Beautiful scent, leaves hair soft and manageable yet not weighed down. I do use the matching shampoo but find this works best with Redken hair cleansing cream. Bottle not great, hard to get the product out at times.

on 5/11/2014 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this for my daughter about 3 weeks ago, as she has hair that's colored with a demi-permanent. She absolutely loves it! She credits it with saving the condition of her hair (as she had a debacle with highlights, and then a powder bleach was applied, then colored again) Her hair was not in very good shape before this conditioner came along. I'm not entirely sure that it does anything to extend the life of color, but we'll pay close attention, and update the review when we're certain.