Redken Color Extend Magnetics

Redken Color Extend Magnetics

4.1

wow what a piece of crap was this product...i still cannot get over the fact how big this product has disappointed me ..enough to never buy products from this brand ever again
initially i went to the hair shop to buy the all soft conditioner which has raving reviews on mua ,but since i had recently dyed my hair i thought this might be a better match for me in order to preserve my hair color longer..so i decided to buy it ,despite the fact it was ridiculously expensive around 20 euros for a 250 ml bottle..price vs size is a major con but this is not the only problem
when i first tried it ,the smell threw me off a bit ,it smells very chemical-ey ...the formula is very tick and rich and the plastic bottle very rigid so i had to struggle trying to squeeze the product out every time..i applied it only from the mid half to the ends since i got oily scalp and dry ends..when i blow dried , i was shocked to see how coarse dull and lifeless this crap has made my hair ...i was expecting at least to see some shine for that ridiculous price tag but nope ...i was so angry that i was considering returning it but since the return policy in my country kinda sucks , ive decided to give this product another try(im kinda stubborn sometimes) ...ive used this in a total of 3 or 4 times and each time it has made my hair worse than not applying any conditioner... just coarse ,dull ,frizzy ,it looked like a broom.....if u want to waste money on a useless product that its not even doing what it was designed for (conditioning ,hydrating) go ahead and buy this crap....i am still not decided what to do with it probably i will toss since i wouldnt recommend it not even to my worst enemy

on 1/29/2016 3:04:00 PM

I used both the shampoo and conditioner from this line together. Although I liked what this did for my hair, it was moisturizing, I had no tangles after just shampoo, smelled fantastic, it also broke me out terribly, on my face, scalp and neck. I tried washing my skin after I used these products, and still had painful breakouts everywhere. Such a shame, as otherwise I enjoyed both products.

To Read all 10 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/26/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this conditioner after I dyed my hair with blonde highlights. I worked well and kept my color vibrant. I gave it a three because I am following a more natural route but it did condition my hair well and worked its purpose.

on 7/21/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love it - just as good if not better than the old Color Extend conditioner formula. Similar packaging and slightly higher price. I use the conditioner nearly every day and was able to get a 1 liter pump-top bottle at Ulta for $23 (reg. $35).

I like it so i pay it.

on 7/19/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I used this conditioner with the shampoo of the same label and couldn't be happier. The conditioner is very thick and rich. Interestingly the bottle holds 1.5 oz less than the 10-oz shampoo bottle. But because it is so rich I used a smaller amount of conditioner than shampoo for each wash. Ended up finishing both bottles right around the same time. I'd be a bit happier if the fragrance was not so floral, but it's barely detectable after my hair dries and just smells clean. Will buy again.

on 1/18/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just like the shampoo... a lil pricey but totally worth it. This is amazing. Leaves my hair soft and shiny and my color rich.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this conditioner with the matching shampoo. Wonderful scent, leaves my hair very soft and manageable, and doesn't weigh my hair down. The only thing I hate is the darn packaging. Who the heck decided it was a good idea to freaking make the conditioner smaller than the shampoo!? It drives me crazy. I use double the amount of conditioner as I do shampoo so this is just downright stupid. Still, it's a wonderful product and I've repurchased it several times now.

on 7/9/2014 6:37:00 PM

Love this conditioner. Beautiful scent, leaves hair soft and manageable yet not weighed down. I do use the matching shampoo but find this works best with Redken hair cleansing cream. Bottle not great, hard to get the product out at times.

on 5/11/2014 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this for my daughter about 3 weeks ago, as she has hair that's colored with a demi-permanent. She absolutely loves it! She credits it with saving the condition of her hair (as she had a debacle with highlights, and then a powder bleach was applied, then colored again) Her hair was not in very good shape before this conditioner came along. I'm not entirely sure that it does anything to extend the life of color, but we'll pay close attention, and update the review when we're certain.

on 3/15/2014 9:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Over the Christmas holidays, I purchased the set that came with the Shampoo, Conditioner and Quick Dry Spray. I had been using a cheap, L'oreal color shampoo and conditioner for about a year and hoped I might get some more life out of my color treated hair with Redken.

The conditioner is very thick and creamy. Which is nice except getting it out of the bottle is a bit of a chore. Especially because the plastic on the 250ml bottle is too thick to squeeze. So when this product starts running low, it's really hard to get it out. It also has that chocolately scent to it like the shampoo also does.
I usually apply it to my hair after rinsing my shampoo out, and then leave it in my hair for about 5 minutes. After rinsing, my hair feels pretty good. No greasy feeling. Once my hair is dried, it looks great. Nice and shiney and very soft. It also extends the life of my hair color by 2 weeks compared to my previous color care conditioner.

Pros:
Hair looks and feels great
Kept color looking fresh for 6 weeks

Cons:
Smell (I'm not crazy about the chocolately smell)
Packaging