E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

3.2

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked this product, I ended up buying moon pearls and pink diamonds and I'm satisfied with both although I do have a favorite lol. Anyways I do LOVE a good blinding highlighter, BUT I would not say this is blinding, more like a glow from within type of highlighter and I'm just fine with that, but if you are expecting to be more blinding than the fucking sun this is not the product for you. One negative thing I noticed is that I had to scratch a little to get some good pigment out of the product , before that it was hard and and barely picked up product. Other than that I'm very satisfied with the product.

I bought moonlight pearls and blush gems at target I figured I'd get them since they were just 3$ each. When I first swatched them there was barely any color payoff. I decided to lightly scrape of the top layer with a knife to see if maybe that would help (sounds crazy but I had to do that to my Nars deep threat and it worked) after I did that the color payoff was amazing with one swipe. If your looking for a cheap drugstore highlighter this is a great value. It is still a pretty subtle highlight however and not on par with any of my higher end highlighters (ABH, Becca, Laura Gellar, Nars)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This review is for the E.L.F baked highlight in Moonlight Pearl. Oh Moonlight Pearl... I feel like I have to agree with so many other reviewers out there. Of all the other baked products that E.L.F has to offer, this one single-handedly is the absolute worst. Comparing it to the E.L.F baked blush in Pinktastic in particular (you're fooling no one E.L.F, it's a highlight, a very warm one but it's a highlight), the differences in their quality are just mind-boggling. A few things that stuck out the most to me are:
1) The pigmentation: the pigmentation on Moonlight Pearl is atrociously weak. I have to rub and rub and rub, and even after that still not a lot of product come off. In contrast, one dip into Pinktastic and I'm good for both cheekbones. At first I thought it was because of my brush sucking up the product, but no, I've tried it with so many different brushes, results are the same. There's just no way to get that poor pigment concentration off the ground. It's so sheer that when I swatch it on my arm and finger, I can clearly see the glitter in it, it's not chunky glitter by any mean, they're quite fine, but they're so sheer and widely spread apart that they become very obvious on the cheek if I'm not careful.
2) The colour: it's a very light warm champaign, it's lighter than Pinktastic which is a warm peach. Since the pigmentation is so terrible, on the skin shows up more like a gleam than anything. I have yellow undertone but I hardly thing it undermines how the product shows up, it's already so weak on its own.
3) It hardens, and forms a firm layer of crust on the surface of the product, whether you use it or not. When I first got it, the pigmentation was so terrible. I went online and found out that you really have to scrub (yes, not just rub, scrub) the surface of this thing for that layer to come off. But not only that, after every few weeks of use, it kinda oxidise and forms a hard film on top of places where I usually dip my brush on. I can tell because it's darker, more orange-y colour on top, you may think it's the veining but no, it's not like the Pinktastic. If you rub on the part where it's oxidised, barely any colour comes off. I have to use a toothpick to scrub off that hard film to get to any colour, again, so very very cumbersome and most of all, wasteful.
I'm just really disappointed in this product more than anything, and being cheap is hardly an excuse, Pinktastic is the same price it's such a joy to use. E.L.F has so many great hits, sadly this was not one of those.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love ELF products but come on this little highlighter fella is such a stiff product that I can barely get any on my brushes?!!! I guess for 3 dollars you can smash it and make loose powder from this

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have a very limited experience with highlighters, but I actually like this one. I got it in Blush Gems, which is a beautiful shimmery-taupe. As in the rest of the reviews, I was a little disappointed in the packaging, but other than hat it goes on nice and stays. Great for beginners with highlighting.