e.l.f. Cosmetics Baked Highlighter

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.7

I don't get the hype. I have Apricot Glow.

I scraped the top layer off, and it's still mediocre. I have to really dig my brush in to pick up any product. And there is noticeable, quite chunky glitter. The glitter ends up accentuating texture more than other highlighters I use.

Additionally, when I used it on my eyes, it creased so much more than other highlighters.

I much prefer the Wet n Wild highlight - cheap, soft texture, easy to pick up with a brush, can go from subtle to blinding. The elf one can be built up, but ends up accentuating texture way too much for it to be flattering.

But if you only use a little, it can be a nice natural highlight, if you ignore the larger specks of glitter.

Overall, wouldn't recommend.

Even after scraping off the top layers I still think this stuff is overhyped. It extenuates the texture of my skin to a ridiculous degree... and I don't even have much texture in the areas I put it to begin with. it's just not flattering. I also find it difficult to blend out or even pick up with a brush to begin with. If you're looking for an inexpensive highlighter I feel like there's far better options out there especially now when it's Highlighter-palooza

I overall do not care for ELF's powdered products in general.

I'm starting to wonder with e.l.f. if they have some bad batches of a product and some good batches. I bought this product online from Target on a whim. When it arrived, I swatched it on my finger and nothing showed up. I tried pushing as hard as I could into the pan, but still could not get more than a sheer layer of glitter with a hint of gold to transfer on my finger. This was extremely disappointing. The reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive and viewing the swatches that others have taken, it doesn't even look like the same product. I feel like e.l.f. products are very hit or miss. Some of their products have amazing pigment, and others are trash. I SO wanted to love this highlighter, but this was a complete miss for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After I removed the top later of the product, the pigment and shine was very nice. I really like the champagne tone of this highlighter, however it does have a few distinct glitters in it and I find some of them throw an unconventional tone such as green or red. The powder is a little chalky and powdery sometimes but it looks very pretty in the light.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a lovely highlighter for everyday. I have Blushed Gems. And as this product is notoriously known for scraping the top layer off to get to the product, it's actually worth it in my opinion. If you don't mind the fuss, this is good for work or lighter makeup days and even safe for a light dusting all over the face. You'll be disappointed if you expect a beaming glow that lasts all day.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked this product, I ended up buying moon pearls and pink diamonds and I'm satisfied with both although I do have a favorite lol. Anyways I do LOVE a good blinding highlighter, BUT I would not say this is blinding, more like a glow from within type of highlighter and I'm just fine with that, but if you are expecting to be more blinding than the fucking sun this is not the product for you. One negative thing I noticed is that I had to scratch a little to get some good pigment out of the product , before that it was hard and and barely picked up product. Other than that I'm very satisfied with the product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought these highlighters in the shades Moonlight Pearls and Blushed Gems. I have also purchased a backup Moonlight Pearls. These highlighters cost $10 in Australia. I honestly think that it's a bit much, but then again all cosmetics products in Australia are overpriced, so...

I should probably start off by saying that I LOVE these highlighters. I honestly thought that I'd be disappointed, but these truly surprised me. I expected a lack of pigment, but these are SO pigmented! The shades are absolutely gorgeous too.

I have extremely oily skin, so I used to avoid highlighters. I actually really regret it, because I feel like I was missing out. Since I started using highlighters, my makeup has turned out so much better. These Elf highlighters don't make me look even more shiny or oily. They can appear relatively sheer, or you can build it up to a blinding highlight.

These are my absolute favourite highlighters at the moment. I recommend these to everyone, and I would definitely purchase again.

Pros
- pigmented
- lovely shades
- decent price

Cons
- none

This is the only highlighter i have. As much as i love makeup, honestly im not a fan of the "blinding" "highlighted to the gods" trend at all. I just prefer a subtle glow, a lil cute one.
Anyways, i have mine the shade moonlight pearl. I struggled at first then i read that you kinda have to scrape off the top layer to get a better payoff. So i did. And it worked! Well enough in my opinion. Perfect for everyday glow. I love that the color doesnt show up as a weird highlight stripe on my cheekbones,
instead it looks almost translucent.
Now, in terms of the texture, i really cant say much because i dont have anything to compare it to.
The only few things i dont really like is that the texture feels dry (when you touch it on the pan) and the packaging is just meh.
Other than that, it's cheap af and lasts a looooooong time, mine still looks brand new even after scrapping the top layer.
There is really nothing to lose with this highlighter IMO. I would recommend if someone is looking for an extremely cheap (but good)highlighter lol.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just like with the e.l.f. Baked Blush in ‘Pinktastic’, the baked highlighter in ‘Blush Gems’ is my other go to highlighter, but for a more bronzed/peachy looks. It gives me a nice glow and lasts all day. It goes on smooth and lasts all day. I apply it with e.l.f. Small Tapered brush or a fan brush, and they seem to do the best job, & I just do a last finishing blending with the It Cosmetics All-Over Powder No.11 brush and all just look beautiful. If I ever in need of it again, I would buy it; but I believe that this product can last quite a bit, so it also makes it a great deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because I was at Target and it was $3. I like how it looks on the skin, but it takes so much time to get enough color that will even show up. I sort of scratched up the powder just to make it easier, but that only worked for one use or so. It applied better wet, but it's also not worth the effort. If you're new to makeup and want a highlighter, and need it very cheap, get this, but there are so many better options that are still in the same price range.