E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a lovely highlighter for everyday. I have Blushed Gems. And as this product is notoriously known for scraping the top layer off to get to the product, it's actually worth it in my opinion. If you don't mind the fuss, this is good for work or lighter makeup days and even safe for a light dusting all over the face. You'll be disappointed if you expect a beaming glow that lasts all day.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked this product, I ended up buying moon pearls and pink diamonds and I'm satisfied with both although I do have a favorite lol. Anyways I do LOVE a good blinding highlighter, BUT I would not say this is blinding, more like a glow from within type of highlighter and I'm just fine with that, but if you are expecting to be more blinding than the fucking sun this is not the product for you. One negative thing I noticed is that I had to scratch a little to get some good pigment out of the product , before that it was hard and and barely picked up product. Other than that I'm very satisfied with the product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought these highlighters in the shades Moonlight Pearls and Blushed Gems. I have also purchased a backup Moonlight Pearls. These highlighters cost $10 in Australia. I honestly think that it's a bit much, but then again all cosmetics products in Australia are overpriced, so...

I should probably start off by saying that I LOVE these highlighters. I honestly thought that I'd be disappointed, but these truly surprised me. I expected a lack of pigment, but these are SO pigmented! The shades are absolutely gorgeous too.

I have extremely oily skin, so I used to avoid highlighters. I actually really regret it, because I feel like I was missing out. Since I started using highlighters, my makeup has turned out so much better. These Elf highlighters don't make me look even more shiny or oily. They can appear relatively sheer, or you can build it up to a blinding highlight.

These are my absolute favourite highlighters at the moment. I recommend these to everyone, and I would definitely purchase again.

Pros
- pigmented
- lovely shades
- decent price

Cons
- none

This is the only highlighter i have. As much as i love makeup, honestly im not a fan of the "blinding" "highlighted to the gods" trend at all. I just prefer a subtle glow, a lil cute one.
Anyways, i have mine the shade moonlight pearl. I struggled at first then i read that you kinda have to scrape off the top layer to get a better payoff. So i did. And it worked! Well enough in my opinion. Perfect for everyday glow. I love that the color doesnt show up as a weird highlight stripe on my cheekbones,
instead it looks almost translucent.
Now, in terms of the texture, i really cant say much because i dont have anything to compare it to.
The only few things i dont really like is that the texture feels dry (when you touch it on the pan) and the packaging is just meh.
Other than that, it's cheap af and lasts a looooooong time, mine still looks brand new even after scrapping the top layer.
There is really nothing to lose with this highlighter IMO. I would recommend if someone is looking for an extremely cheap (but good)highlighter lol.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just like with the e.l.f. Baked Blush in ‘Pinktastic’, the baked highlighter in ‘Blush Gems’ is my other go to highlighter, but for a more bronzed/peachy looks. It gives me a nice glow and lasts all day. It goes on smooth and lasts all day. I apply it with e.l.f. Small Tapered brush or a fan brush, and they seem to do the best job, & I just do a last finishing blending with the It Cosmetics All-Over Powder No.11 brush and all just look beautiful. If I ever in need of it again, I would buy it; but I believe that this product can last quite a bit, so it also makes it a great deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because I was at Target and it was $3. I like how it looks on the skin, but it takes so much time to get enough color that will even show up. I sort of scratched up the powder just to make it easier, but that only worked for one use or so. It applied better wet, but it's also not worth the effort. If you're new to makeup and want a highlighter, and need it very cheap, get this, but there are so many better options that are still in the same price range.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like these but the baked blush in Pinktastic is a much better highlight.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have these in Blush Gems & Pinktastic. These are fabu! I use them in place of blush because blush tends to overwhelm my round face w glasses. There is simply no room for a pink blush without looking like I have tiger stripes swiped under what's reflecting on the corners of my lower outer lenses of the glasses. They impart a wonderful glow. Not too OTT or disco ball. I do the same thing w the elf shimmering facial whip if I don't use one of these...highest part of cheekbone (which is hard to determine when u have a pudgy round face lol), inner corner of eyes, top of bridge of nose, & Cupid's arrow. I will get Moonlight next time! --> obsessed w anything elf! I'm trying to do my shimmer more subtly as I'm going for a softer focus but oh my these 2 are lovely! But I probably won't quit buying MAC ;)

I have these in the shade "blush gems" and "pinktastic" (which is technically labeled as a blush, but it's 100% definitely a highlighter). These highlighters aren't very pigmented per se, but they still create a beautiful sheen to the skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

In the pan this looks almost scary, like it would turn you into a disco ball. Thankfully, not true. I have this in Moonlight Pearls, and it gives a really pretty glow to the cheekbones. Nothing garish or OTT at all. The closest thing I have to compare this to is Wet 'n Wild's discontinued cult fave All Over Shimmer powder. Swatched side-by-side (I have a backup of WnW) they are very, very close - main difference is the E.L.F.'s is just a tad more golden. Price-wise, they're also on the same playing field. This is a keeper! ;-)