E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a great highlighter, but as many people have recommended, I had to scrape the top layer off to allow my brushes to pick up the pigments. But for such a beautiful highlight at such an affordable price, I definitely didn't mind doing this! Just try it out, it's just as good as my Mary Louminizer but far more affordable

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Shade - moonlight pearls

When I first opened and swatched with my finger there was decent color payoff. When I put the brush to it I had a problem. None of my brushes picked up enough product. I even went in full bore with a slanted blush brush and nope! I had bought in on sale for like $1.20 from the website so I wasn't awfully mad that it wasn't performing. A few days later I happened to be watching a YouTube video that adressed this issue. They recommended scraping the top layer off. Ok that's a little weird but I'm probably just going to throw it away so why not. I grabbed some gloves and set up a "clean" area to do this. With a sanitized new razor blade I gently scraped off the top layer as suggested. Cleaned everything up and broke out my fan brush again. Swipe swipe apply. Whoa! Hello beautiful! I blended it out and it was a great highlight.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you're looking for a natural, subtle looking affordable highlighter you need this in your life!
(Moonlight Pearls) ✨
Take in mind- u need to scratch the top layer to release the formula out with the first application.
Also, Works best with a large crease brush, not with a fan brush since it's so refined.

This is the most beautiful product ever, it can be a really nice settle highlight or if it can be a really blinding. I totally recommend this product the only thing I don't like is that you do have to scrap of the first layer to have it really pigmented. Also this is a total dupe for the MAC soft and gentle and if you have been wanted to try the MAC soft and gentle but don't have enough ,oney or your scared it would be good, then try the elf baked highlighters!!!

I had this shade in Blush Gems, a beautiful, soft, mauveish pink, and I completely used it up. It's a little too sparkly for my mature face, but looks amazing over my tanned shoulders and collarbones in the summer.

I am planning on buying Moonlight Pearls for the same reason, because it is inexpensive for this sort of use and it looks really nice on the skin.

It definitely gives a beautiful, glowy effect without being too expensive. Another win for ELF!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard so many great things about this highlighter and that it was a dupe for something else. Since elf is super cheap, I bought it since the risk is so low. The top layer of the highlighter is extremely hard. You need to scratch off the top layer to actually use it. Even after scratching the layer off, its still difficult to use. Works well when I rubbed my finger on it (hard) but difficult when using a brush. I like the color and everything but the product needs some work. Its an ok highlighter especially for the price (4$). If you don't mind then its good.

I own this in Blush Gems, a nice warm pinky champagne color, and Moonlight Pearls, a light pearl with a bit of warmth in it. I think these are nice highlighters especially considering the price. My biggest complaint is that I had to scratch off the first layer on both of them. Little to no pigmented would rub off before doing so. After removing the first layer they're lovely. Both pigmented and buildable. Can be used wet or dry. I get a good amount of wear time out of these as well. Overall, a good purchase. Definitely worth trying. Just keep in mind you may have to remove a layer to get to the good stuff.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This review is for the E.L.F baked highlight in Moonlight Pearl. Oh Moonlight Pearl... I feel like I have to agree with so many other reviewers out there. Of all the other baked products that E.L.F has to offer, this one single-handedly is the absolute worst. Comparing it to the E.L.F baked blush in Pinktastic in particular (you're fooling no one E.L.F, it's a highlight, a very warm one but it's a highlight), the differences in their quality are just mind-boggling. A few things that stuck out the most to me are:
1) The pigmentation: the pigmentation on Moonlight Pearl is atrociously weak. I have to rub and rub and rub, and even after that still not a lot of product come off. In contrast, one dip into Pinktastic and I'm good for both cheekbones. At first I thought it was because of my brush sucking up the product, but no, I've tried it with so many different brushes, results are the same. There's just no way to get that poor pigment concentration off the ground. It's so sheer that when I swatch it on my arm and finger, I can clearly see the glitter in it, it's not chunky glitter by any mean, they're quite fine, but they're so sheer and widely spread apart that they become very obvious on the cheek if I'm not careful.
2) The colour: it's a very light warm champaign, it's lighter than Pinktastic which is a warm peach. Since the pigmentation is so terrible, on the skin shows up more like a gleam than anything. I have yellow undertone but I hardly thing it undermines how the product shows up, it's already so weak on its own.
3) It hardens, and forms a firm layer of crust on the surface of the product, whether you use it or not. When I first got it, the pigmentation was so terrible. I went online and found out that you really have to scrub (yes, not just rub, scrub) the surface of this thing for that layer to come off. But not only that, after every few weeks of use, it kinda oxidise and forms a hard film on top of places where I usually dip my brush on. I can tell because it's darker, more orange-y colour on top, you may think it's the veining but no, it's not like the Pinktastic. If you rub on the part where it's oxidised, barely any colour comes off. I have to use a toothpick to scrub off that hard film to get to any colour, again, so very very cumbersome and most of all, wasteful.
I'm just really disappointed in this product more than anything, and being cheap is hardly an excuse, Pinktastic is the same price it's such a joy to use. E.L.F has so many great hits, sadly this was not one of those.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A+ highlighter. I got it in moonlinght pearls and its a very pretty light champagne color. Longlasting and not over-the-top on the skin at all. Love it. Repurchasing.

This is a very inexpensive highlighter that works pretty well. I use another highlighter by E.L.F. as well and they both perform as well as some higher end brands. The packaging on this is very cute, but I had my first highlighter of this break off as it was not firmly attached to the base, so perhaps they would want to reconsider the design. This highlighter does not give a strobe effect, but rather a more general soft-focus look, which I prefer for everyday use. I like this product a lot, especially because it comes at such an affordable price point, and would repurchase.