E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.7

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This highliter is very finely milled,
It gives a beautiful "glow from within" and it's perfect for a no makeup makeup look.
For best results scratch the top layer before first application to release the formula. It work best with a highliter / crease brush, not necessarily with a fan brush.
I have a light skin during the winter, and tan skin during the summer and its shown beautifully all year round.
A drugstore gem! ✨✨

This is the most beautiful product ever, it can be a really nice settle highlight or if it can be a really blinding. I totally recommend this product the only thing I don't like is that you do have to scrap of the first layer to have it really pigmented. Also this is a total dupe for the MAC soft and gentle and if you have been wanted to try the MAC soft and gentle but don't have enough ,oney or your scared it would be good, then try the elf baked highlighters!!!

I had this shade in Blush Gems, a beautiful, soft, mauveish pink, and I completely used it up. It's a little too sparkly for my mature face, but looks amazing over my tanned shoulders and collarbones in the summer.

I am planning on buying Moonlight Pearls for the same reason, because it is inexpensive for this sort of use and it looks really nice on the skin.

It definitely gives a beautiful, glowy effect without being too expensive. Another win for ELF!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard so many great things about this highlighter and that it was a dupe for something else. Since elf is super cheap, I bought it since the risk is so low. The top layer of the highlighter is extremely hard. You need to scratch off the top layer to actually use it. Even after scratching the layer off, its still difficult to use. Works well when I rubbed my finger on it (hard) but difficult when using a brush. I like the color and everything but the product needs some work. Its an ok highlighter especially for the price (4$). If you don't mind then its good.

I own this in Blush Gems, a nice warm pinky champagne color, and Moonlight Pearls, a light pearl with a bit of warmth in it. I think these are nice highlighters especially considering the price. My biggest complaint is that I had to scratch off the first layer on both of them. Little to no pigmented would rub off before doing so. After removing the first layer they're lovely. Both pigmented and buildable. Can be used wet or dry. I get a good amount of wear time out of these as well. Overall, a good purchase. Definitely worth trying. Just keep in mind you may have to remove a layer to get to the good stuff.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This review is for the E.L.F baked highlight in Moonlight Pearl. Oh Moonlight Pearl... I feel like I have to agree with so many other reviewers out there. Of all the other baked products that E.L.F has to offer, this one single-handedly is the absolute worst. Comparing it to the E.L.F baked blush in Pinktastic in particular (you're fooling no one E.L.F, it's a highlight, a very warm one but it's a highlight), the differences in their quality are just mind-boggling. A few things that stuck out the most to me are:
1) The pigmentation: the pigmentation on Moonlight Pearl is atrociously weak. I have to rub and rub and rub, and even after that still not a lot of product come off. In contrast, one dip into Pinktastic and I'm good for both cheekbones. At first I thought it was because of my brush sucking up the product, but no, I've tried it with so many different brushes, results are the same. There's just no way to get that poor pigment concentration off the ground. It's so sheer that when I swatch it on my arm and finger, I can clearly see the glitter in it, it's not chunky glitter by any mean, they're quite fine, but they're so sheer and widely spread apart that they become very obvious on the cheek if I'm not careful.
2) The colour: it's a very light warm champaign, it's lighter than Pinktastic which is a warm peach. Since the pigmentation is so terrible, on the skin shows up more like a gleam than anything. I have yellow undertone but I hardly thing it undermines how the product shows up, it's already so weak on its own.
3) It hardens, and forms a firm layer of crust on the surface of the product, whether you use it or not. When I first got it, the pigmentation was so terrible. I went online and found out that you really have to scrub (yes, not just rub, scrub) the surface of this thing for that layer to come off. But not only that, after every few weeks of use, it kinda oxidise and forms a hard film on top of places where I usually dip my brush on. I can tell because it's darker, more orange-y colour on top, you may think it's the veining but no, it's not like the Pinktastic. If you rub on the part where it's oxidised, barely any colour comes off. I have to use a toothpick to scrub off that hard film to get to any colour, again, so very very cumbersome and most of all, wasteful.
I'm just really disappointed in this product more than anything, and being cheap is hardly an excuse, Pinktastic is the same price it's such a joy to use. E.L.F has so many great hits, sadly this was not one of those.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A+ highlighter. I got it in moonlinght pearls and its a very pretty light champagne color. Longlasting and not over-the-top on the skin at all. Love it. Repurchasing.

This is a very inexpensive highlighter that works pretty well. I use another highlighter by E.L.F. as well and they both perform as well as some higher end brands. The packaging on this is very cute, but I had my first highlighter of this break off as it was not firmly attached to the base, so perhaps they would want to reconsider the design. This highlighter does not give a strobe effect, but rather a more general soft-focus look, which I prefer for everyday use. I like this product a lot, especially because it comes at such an affordable price point, and would repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to love these, but it's way too shimmery. It looks like I put micro shimmer on my cheekbones. I wish they still had the same colors but with the same consistency of their baked bronzers.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this in Moonlight and Blush Gems, and I LOVE them! I obsess over highlighters so ive got highlighters from tons of makeup brands, including high-end ones. I keep coming back to these because they're extremelyyy finely ground, so it truly looks like a highlight rather than shimmer or glitter. i hate looking like you have shimmer/sparkles on your face. This is truly dewey. But anyway, Blush Gems is gorgeous bronze/pink and it looks like a glowy blush and makes your face look bronzed. Moonlight pearls is a white/champagne color that is basically a translucent highlighter.

only PROBLEM is that there are 5 oils in the ingredients, including mineral oil!! I imagine this would make you break out...i hate putting oils on my face and i know mineral oil is terrible for your skin as far as aging and acne! I dont know why they would put 5 oils in the ingredients, ugh..