e.l.f. Cosmetics Baked Highlighter

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Moonlit Pearl is my favourite drugstore highlight.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This highlighter is bomb when used correctly (i.e scraping the top layer off). I prefer this over my Becca Moonstone highlight. I like to apply the highlighter directly to my cheeks from the compact (soo unhygienic I know!) and use my fingers to disperse the product onto my nose and cupids bow. The result is a dewy wet-looking glow that is perfect for light skintones no crazy orange pigment here, just glow. Also it's only $3.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Packaging is sort of cheap and plastic-y, but it was four dollars and it's simple and easy to use. Like people are saying, there's a hard layer of product that's just sort of a scratchy top coat from being baked. When you scratch it off, it becomes beautiful, soft, and pigmented. I got the shades Blush Gems and Pink Diamonds: dupes for JS's Skin Frosts I would say. My go-to highlighters for a more natural but not completely subtle look. If I want glow but not blind, I'll reach for these, which I do on a daily basis. Got shades for every skin tone. Into it. Almost down completely to pan on my Blush Gems. BG also makes for a beautiful shadow as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought the pink toned one, "Pink Diamonds" at walmart and thought it was a bit too unnaturally pink. Picked up "moonlight pearls" at the elf store after hearing it's a dupe for the becca/laura mercier highlighters and i'm officially obsessed. It's "baked" so it has that weird hard/matte layer on the top, but i just rubbed it off. Such a gorgeous, natural color for 3 bucks. Since it's allegedly "baked" if you wet your finger/brush with water/setting spray (or your own saliva... gross but I've done it in a pinch, leave me alone), you can build this to be more dramatic.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a great highlighter, but as many people have recommended, I had to scrape the top layer off to allow my brushes to pick up the pigments. But for such a beautiful highlight at such an affordable price, I definitely didn't mind doing this! Just try it out, it's just as good as my Mary Louminizer but far more affordable

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Shade - moonlight pearls

When I first opened and swatched with my finger there was decent color payoff. When I put the brush to it I had a problem. None of my brushes picked up enough product. I even went in full bore with a slanted blush brush and nope! I had bought in on sale for like $1.20 from the website so I wasn't awfully mad that it wasn't performing. A few days later I happened to be watching a YouTube video that adressed this issue. They recommended scraping the top layer off. Ok that's a little weird but I'm probably just going to throw it away so why not. I grabbed some gloves and set up a "clean" area to do this. With a sanitized new razor blade I gently scraped off the top layer as suggested. Cleaned everything up and broke out my fan brush again. Swipe swipe apply. Whoa! Hello beautiful! I blended it out and it was a great highlight.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for a natural, subtle looking affordable highlighter you need this in your life!
(Moonlight Pearls) ✨
Take in mind- u need to scratch the top layer to release the formula out with the first application.
Also, Works best with a large crease brush, not with a fan brush since it's so refined.

This is the most beautiful product ever, it can be a really nice settle highlight or if it can be a really blinding. I totally recommend this product the only thing I don't like is that you do have to scrap of the first layer to have it really pigmented. Also this is a total dupe for the MAC soft and gentle and if you have been wanted to try the MAC soft and gentle but don't have enough ,oney or your scared it would be good, then try the elf baked highlighters!!!

I had this shade in Blush Gems, a beautiful, soft, mauveish pink, and I completely used it up. It's a little too sparkly for my mature face, but looks amazing over my tanned shoulders and collarbones in the summer.

I am planning on buying Moonlight Pearls for the same reason, because it is inexpensive for this sort of use and it looks really nice on the skin.

It definitely gives a beautiful, glowy effect without being too expensive. Another win for ELF!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard so many great things about this highlighter and that it was a dupe for something else. Since elf is super cheap, I bought it since the risk is so low. The top layer of the highlighter is extremely hard. You need to scratch off the top layer to actually use it. Even after scratching the layer off, its still difficult to use. Works well when I rubbed my finger on it (hard) but difficult when using a brush. I like the color and everything but the product needs some work. Its an ok highlighter especially for the price (4$). If you don't mind then its good.