E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought these highlighters in the shades Moonlight Pearls and Blushed Gems. I have also purchased a backup Moonlight Pearls. These highlighters cost $10 in Australia. I honestly think that it's a bit much, but then again all cosmetics products in Australia are overpriced, so...

I should probably start off by saying that I LOVE these highlighters. I honestly thought that I'd be disappointed, but these truly surprised me. I expected a lack of pigment, but these are SO pigmented! The shades are absolutely gorgeous too.

I have extremely oily skin, so I used to avoid highlighters. I actually really regret it, because I feel like I was missing out. Since I started using highlighters, my makeup has turned out so much better. These Elf highlighters don't make me look even more shiny or oily. They can appear relatively sheer, or you can build it up to a blinding highlight.

These are my absolute favourite highlighters at the moment. I recommend these to everyone, and I would definitely purchase again.

Pros
- pigmented
- lovely shades
- decent price

Cons
- none

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got the baked highlighter in shade moonlight pearls. I thought it will be beautiful dupe colour for the balm mary loumanizer. I read some of the reviews online, and all of it was a nice review so i bought one online (we don't have elf store in my country). When it arrived, i'm so disappointed. the formula is strange, the product itself is so stiff and hard, i can barely swatch it to my hand. It did transfer to my finger after rubbing it a few times, but when i want to move it to my hand to swatch, only a little did move from my finger. I also tried using the brush and the result is worse. I can't imagine to brush my face million of times before it starts to showing itself on my cheek bones. Considering so much love are given to this product, maybe that time i got a dud. But now i'm too lazy to buy another one of it. I'll buy different highlighter for sure.

I also did a review on my blog :

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have these in Blush Gems & Pinktastic. These are fabu! I use them in place of blush because blush tends to overwhelm my round face w glasses. There is simply no room for a pink blush without looking like I have tiger stripes swiped under what's reflecting on the corners of my lower outer lenses of the glasses. They impart a wonderful glow. Not too OTT or disco ball. I do the same thing w the elf shimmering facial whip if I don't use one of these...highest part of cheekbone (which is hard to determine when u have a pudgy round face lol), inner corner of eyes, top of bridge of nose, & Cupid's arrow. I will get Moonlight next time! --> obsessed w anything elf! I'm trying to do my shimmer more subtly as I'm going for a softer focus but oh my these 2 are lovely! But I probably won't quit buying MAC ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a beautiful highlighter! I heard so may great reviews about it and I had to try it myself. Absolutely gorgeous!