E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.6

It's just so damn dry man! I scraped off the top layer...several times...and I still don't get much color payoff so I don't really feel it's worth my time. If you want a similar shade of highlighter at a similar price point that's way more pigmented and buttery...try Wet n Wild Crown of My Canopy instead, and save yourself the hassle
EDIT: This is a review for the shade Blushed Gems. I also have the shade Moonlight Pearls and am equally unimpressed...

I have this in moonlight pearls and I really like it! I did use a qtip and gently rubbed off the top layer as others suggested and the product is very silky and great quality! This provides a very blendable, shimmery sheen of highlight on the face! It blends into the skin and doesnt accentuate any pores or texture. It isnt glitty or chunky. I really like this!

Worth a try, its very inexpensive! I reach for this alot!

I only bought this because I kept hearing how amazing it was.... Especially at this price point. . I'm very fair skinned so I cannot pull off the given color highlighters but I decided to try. After spending 20 minutes removing enough of the product (which I store in a reusable 5gram plastic container), I was finally able to pick up enough on my brush to try it on and I must say, it looked beautiful on me. The perfect shade of gold. It is one of the sparklier highlights I own and even more is difficult to get enough into the brush, but it is very flattering and instead of having to carry the whole compact in my makeup bag, I just take along the little plastic container with the excesse product I had to scrape off fortouchups

I like this product. isn't In my daily make routine tho.

I got this highlighter in blush gems and I absolutely love it! It is my favorite highlighter I have ever had. You can scrape off the top layer if you want but you don't have to. I like the slight pinkness of it ( I don't even need blush!) and the price is wonderful! I really hope you choose to buy this highlighter and if you end up not liking it it's okay because it's only three dollars!!

You do not have to scrape off the top layer to get to the product and even if you did the price is so cheap it's worth the effort.

Just remember all baked items have a crust and makeup is no different.

Just give it a little all over scratch with your finger nail and you can use the powder you have scratched up to apply to your skin. After that initial scratch the highlighter is good to go and a pan will last you a long long time.

Very similar to Champagne Pop and Jeffree Star Eclipse without the price tag.

Applies gently and is buildable. This is my favourite highlighter.

If you live in Australia, open an iHerb account, it is cheaper to purchase most products from there including ELF and you get free postage according to weight and how much you spend. Even with a gloomy dollar you are still saving money. I have a discount code to save you even more money but I don't think I am allowed to add it to a review please contact me through my profile and I will gladly share it with you.

WAY too shimmery and hard to pickup some pigment.

I'm not going to ruin a good highlighter by taking off the top layer JUST to get some pigment.

Save your money and buy MAC's Soft and Gentle or Becca Cosmetics highlighters.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought these highlighters in the shades Moonlight Pearls and Blushed Gems. I have also purchased a backup Moonlight Pearls. These highlighters cost $10 in Australia. I honestly think that it's a bit much, but then again all cosmetics products in Australia are overpriced, so...

I should probably start off by saying that I LOVE these highlighters. I honestly thought that I'd be disappointed, but these truly surprised me. I expected a lack of pigment, but these are SO pigmented! The shades are absolutely gorgeous too.

I have extremely oily skin, so I used to avoid highlighters. I actually really regret it, because I feel like I was missing out. Since I started using highlighters, my makeup has turned out so much better. These Elf highlighters don't make me look even more shiny or oily. They can appear relatively sheer, or you can build it up to a blinding highlight.

These are my absolute favourite highlighters at the moment. I recommend these to everyone, and I would definitely purchase again.

Pros
- pigmented
- lovely shades
- decent price

Cons
- none

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i just got this highlighter in the shade "moonlight pearls" a few days ago (protip for anyone struggling to purchase online due to stock issues, my local target had like 7 of them in their ELF section). i'm seriously blown away by the shade of this; i've been looking for a cool, champagne-y highlighter that wouldn't leave a distinct color streak on my cheek (i'm very fair, so not easy to do) but that wasn't pure white or gold. i wanted something natural but buildable, and this is so perfect. like i don't even want to try becca highlighters anymore because this is so great. it's sparkly but not offensively so, and while it's kind of difficult to work with because it's baked, so long as you scrape off the product you want to use you can get really good product payoff.

for application, i normally rub the handle side of my brush in circular motions on the topmost portion of the highlighter, then dip the brush side into the dust that's been scraped up. if i simply swirl my brush into the top without scraping anything off, nothing shows up on my cheek.

i think this was like $2 at target. will be buying another one of these when i run out. it's pretty perfect.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my first highlighter (Moonlight Pearl), and it's not the easiest to work with. I don't have anything to compare it with, so take this for what it's worth.

I did run down the top layer before trying to apply, based on the reviews here. I did find it hard to apply well with most brushes. Swatched OK with a finger, applied OK with a finger, but it just disappeared with any kind of fluffy brush. I found this to apply best with an eyeshadow shader or a flat dense liquid foundation brush. Be careful to blend only the edges or it just sort of blends away.

The color is pretty, if subtle. This isn't really lighter than my skin, since I'm fair yellow/olive, but it is slightly glowy when the light hits it right. I can't really tell in most lighting where I've put it, which makes application tricky. I guess the pigment just blends into my skin color and leaves the shimmer in place.

The product does feel hard and dry, and sort of patchy still - some parts give of more powder than others. My first Elf baked product and can't say I'm a fan.

This does make a very pretty lid color used as eyeshadow. I have small lids/hooded eyes so I typically go for a light/shimmery shade on the lid space.

I'm going to keep looking for a better highlighter though (Essence is next), so I doubt I will buy again.