E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got the baked highlighter in shade moonlight pearls. I thought it will be beautiful dupe colour for the balm mary loumanizer. I read some of the reviews online, and all of it was a nice review so i bought one online (we don't have elf store in my country). When it arrived, i'm so disappointed. the formula is strange, the product itself is so stiff and hard, i can barely swatch it to my hand. It did transfer to my finger after rubbing it a few times, but when i want to move it to my hand to swatch, only a little did move from my finger. I also tried using the brush and the result is worse. I can't imagine to brush my face million of times before it starts to showing itself on my cheek bones. Considering so much love are given to this product, maybe that time i got a dud. But now i'm too lazy to buy another one of it. I'll buy different highlighter for sure.

I also did a review on my blog :

I purchased this after many bloggers said it was an effective, affordable choice for a highlighter. The shade I ordered was "moonlight pearls". In the packaging it looks nice, but it practice, it's horrible. It's full of glitter and you basically cannot get any product out of it without having to offensively rub your brush or sponge into. Utterly useless and a total waste of space - have since thrown it away.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

These highlighters are ones that are not super pigmented, and they are not very long-lasting on tne face, so they do require being touched up. They do not give off an intense glow, so if you are someone who prefers highlighters that do, then these aren't for you. However, for me, they are ones that i can work with it, and actually would purchase again, since they are so cheap.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This review is for the E.L.F baked highlight in Moonlight Pearl. Oh Moonlight Pearl... I feel like I have to agree with so many other reviewers out there. Of all the other baked products that E.L.F has to offer, this one single-handedly is the absolute worst. Comparing it to the E.L.F baked blush in Pinktastic in particular (you're fooling no one E.L.F, it's a highlight, a very warm one but it's a highlight), the differences in their quality are just mind-boggling. A few things that stuck out the most to me are:
1) The pigmentation: the pigmentation on Moonlight Pearl is atrociously weak. I have to rub and rub and rub, and even after that still not a lot of product come off. In contrast, one dip into Pinktastic and I'm good for both cheekbones. At first I thought it was because of my brush sucking up the product, but no, I've tried it with so many different brushes, results are the same. There's just no way to get that poor pigment concentration off the ground. It's so sheer that when I swatch it on my arm and finger, I can clearly see the glitter in it, it's not chunky glitter by any mean, they're quite fine, but they're so sheer and widely spread apart that they become very obvious on the cheek if I'm not careful.
2) The colour: it's a very light warm champaign, it's lighter than Pinktastic which is a warm peach. Since the pigmentation is so terrible, on the skin shows up more like a gleam than anything. I have yellow undertone but I hardly thing it undermines how the product shows up, it's already so weak on its own.
3) It hardens, and forms a firm layer of crust on the surface of the product, whether you use it or not. When I first got it, the pigmentation was so terrible. I went online and found out that you really have to scrub (yes, not just rub, scrub) the surface of this thing for that layer to come off. But not only that, after every few weeks of use, it kinda oxidise and forms a hard film on top of places where I usually dip my brush on. I can tell because it's darker, more orange-y colour on top, you may think it's the veining but no, it's not like the Pinktastic. If you rub on the part where it's oxidised, barely any colour comes off. I have to use a toothpick to scrub off that hard film to get to any colour, again, so very very cumbersome and most of all, wasteful.
I'm just really disappointed in this product more than anything, and being cheap is hardly an excuse, Pinktastic is the same price it's such a joy to use. E.L.F has so many great hits, sadly this was not one of those.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love ELF products but come on this little highlighter fella is such a stiff product that I can barely get any on my brushes?!!! I guess for 3 dollars you can smash it and make loose powder from this

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just like with the e.l.f. Baked Blush in ‘Pinktastic’, the baked highlighter in ‘Blush Gems’ is my other go to highlighter, but for a more bronzed/peachy looks. It gives me a nice glow and lasts all day. It goes on smooth and lasts all day. I apply it with e.l.f. Small Tapered brush or a fan brush, and they seem to do the best job, & I just do a last finishing blending with the It Cosmetics All-Over Powder No.11 brush and all just look beautiful. If I ever in need of it again, I would buy it; but I believe that this product can last quite a bit, so it also makes it a great deal.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Guys! I just bought this product and I had such high hopes for it, seeing as how i've seen you-tubers rave about it. It was much drier than I thought and when I swatched it I was super disappointed. But, I tried it with a wet beauty blender and it looks amazing!! So, if you are disappointed with this product try it with a wet beauty blender or makeup sponge. It makes a huge difference!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because I was at Target and it was $3. I like how it looks on the skin, but it takes so much time to get enough color that will even show up. I sort of scratched up the powder just to make it easier, but that only worked for one use or so. It applied better wet, but it's also not worth the effort. If you're new to makeup and want a highlighter, and need it very cheap, get this, but there are so many better options that are still in the same price range.

this product does NOT show up on my skin, no matter how much i apply. when i swatch this product on my finger, nothing shows up, and i mean NOTHING. Glad this was only a few bucks, but i would NOT repurchase this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A+ highlighter. I got it in moonlinght pearls and its a very pretty light champagne color. Longlasting and not over-the-top on the skin at all. Love it. Repurchasing.