E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a great highlighter, but as many people have recommended, I had to scrape the top layer off to allow my brushes to pick up the pigments. But for such a beautiful highlight at such an affordable price, I definitely didn't mind doing this! Just try it out, it's just as good as my Mary Louminizer but far more affordable

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Shade - moonlight pearls

When I first opened and swatched with my finger there was decent color payoff. When I put the brush to it I had a problem. None of my brushes picked up enough product. I even went in full bore with a slanted blush brush and nope! I had bought in on sale for like $1.20 from the website so I wasn't awfully mad that it wasn't performing. A few days later I happened to be watching a YouTube video that adressed this issue. They recommended scraping the top layer off. Ok that's a little weird but I'm probably just going to throw it away so why not. I grabbed some gloves and set up a "clean" area to do this. With a sanitized new razor blade I gently scraped off the top layer as suggested. Cleaned everything up and broke out my fan brush again. Swipe swipe apply. Whoa! Hello beautiful! I blended it out and it was a great highlight.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a lovely highlighter for everyday. I have Blushed Gems. And as this product is notoriously known for scraping the top layer off to get to the product, it's actually worth it in my opinion. If you don't mind the fuss, this is good for work or lighter makeup days and even safe for a light dusting all over the face. You'll be disappointed if you expect a beaming glow that lasts all day.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Sometimes baked cosmetics have this layer over top that makes them a bit hard to pick up on the brush,try scraping off the top layer or use scotch tape to remove that layer and see how it does , it's a nice highliter one of my go to ,great for the price and does gives a nice glow and does not add texture to your skin.

It's just so damn dry man! I scraped off the top layer...several times...and I still don't get much color payoff so I don't really feel it's worth my time. If you want a similar shade of highlighter at a similar price point that's way more pigmented and buttery...try Wet n Wild Crown of My Canopy instead, and save yourself the hassle
EDIT: This is a review for the shade Blushed Gems. I also have the shade Moonlight Pearls and am equally unimpressed...

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you're looking for a natural, subtle looking affordable highlighter you need this in your life!
(Moonlight Pearls) ✨
Take in mind- u need to scratch the top layer to release the formula out with the first application.
Also, Works best with a large crease brush, not with a fan brush since it's so refined.

I had this shade in Blush Gems, a beautiful, soft, mauveish pink, and I completely used it up. It's a little too sparkly for my mature face, but looks amazing over my tanned shoulders and collarbones in the summer.

I am planning on buying Moonlight Pearls for the same reason, because it is inexpensive for this sort of use and it looks really nice on the skin.

It definitely gives a beautiful, glowy effect without being too expensive. Another win for ELF!

This is the most beautiful product ever, it can be a really nice settle highlight or if it can be a really blinding. I totally recommend this product the only thing I don't like is that you do have to scrap of the first layer to have it really pigmented. Also this is a total dupe for the MAC soft and gentle and if you have been wanted to try the MAC soft and gentle but don't have enough ,oney or your scared it would be good, then try the elf baked highlighters!!!

You really have to use your hand, because brushes won't pick up anything at all, and you have to get rid of the first layer before using, or there's just no product coming out at all. After that though, it gives your skin a very natural highlight even though there's a tiny bit of glitter in it.

I have this product both in the shade Blush Gems and Pink Tastic. The last one is sold as a blush, but is more of a silvery/pinky highlighter.
It's only $3 and it lasts for a very long time - I bought the ones I have at the beggining of the last year and they still look brand new. For the price, I think they're good.
I'm an NC20. The shade Blush Gems is too dark for my skin. This shade, specifically, is not buttery at all. It's very hard to get any pigment - I had to scratch off the first layer and the product still isn't pigmented. In my opinion, this is not a dupe of Mac's Soft and Gentle, as some say. Blush gems is much darker.
The shade Pink Tastic is gorgeous. I have to be careful and not apply too much, tho - Otherwise, I end up with a pink scratch on my cheekbone. It isn't chunky. It can look quite natural when applied with a light hand but can be blinding as well. I use it on my no makeup makeup days, without any foundation, and it blends well with the bare skin.
The packaging is terrible. It's not travel friendly and, with time, the lid comes out.
I would recommend this product if you're looking for a cheap highlighter, but I don't know if I would buy it again, mainly because of the packaging.