E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

3.7

This is the only highlighter i have. As much as i love makeup, honestly im not a fan of the "blinding" "highlighted to the gods" trend at all. I just prefer a subtle glow, a lil cute one.
Anyways, i have mine the shade moonlight pearl. I struggled at first then i read that you kinda have to scrape off the top layer to get a better payoff. So i did. And it worked! Well enough in my opinion. Perfect for everyday glow. I love that the color doesnt show up as a weird highlight stripe on my cheekbones,
instead it looks almost translucent.
Now, in terms of the texture, i really cant say much because i dont have anything to compare it to.
The only few things i dont really like is that the texture feels dry (when you touch it on the pan) and the packaging is just meh.
Other than that, it's cheap af and lasts a looooooong time, mine still looks brand new even after scrapping the top layer.
There is really nothing to lose with this highlighter IMO. I would recommend if someone is looking for an extremely cheap (but good)highlighter lol.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i just got this highlighter in the shade "moonlight pearls" a few days ago (protip for anyone struggling to purchase online due to stock issues, my local target had like 7 of them in their ELF section). i'm seriously blown away by the shade of this; i've been looking for a cool, champagne-y highlighter that wouldn't leave a distinct color streak on my cheek (i'm very fair, so not easy to do) but that wasn't pure white or gold. i wanted something natural but buildable, and this is so perfect. like i don't even want to try becca highlighters anymore because this is so great. it's sparkly but not offensively so, and while it's kind of difficult to work with because it's baked, so long as you scrape off the product you want to use you can get really good product payoff.

for application, i normally rub the handle side of my brush in circular motions on the topmost portion of the highlighter, then dip the brush side into the dust that's been scraped up. if i simply swirl my brush into the top without scraping anything off, nothing shows up on my cheek.

i think this was like $2 at target. will be buying another one of these when i run out. it's pretty perfect.

I finally found this (Blushing Gems) at Target. I have never seen it at any store and even when I try to order from E.L.F.'s website, they were always out of stock. I heard that it was a dupe for one of MAC's highlighters (can't remember the name of it) and since it was always out of stock, that means its got to be good, right? Meh. I wasn't really blown away by it. I do like that the color is pretty subtle because I don't like my highlighter to be blinding anyone. I also like that it is a goldish highlight as all my others are more pearl colored since I am pretty fair and it doesn't look bad on me. I would probably buy it again if I don't find anything else that I like better. My favorite used to be Physician's Formula Transluscent Pearls highlighter and I love the Bronze Pearls one for spring and summer but I think they changed the formulation because I wasn't blown away like I was when I bought the first two pans a couple of years ago. So I will use this up and decide then if I want to buy it again.

This is my first highlighter (Moonlight Pearl), and it's not the easiest to work with. I don't have anything to compare it with, so take this for what it's worth.

I did run down the top layer before trying to apply, based on the reviews here. I did find it hard to apply well with most brushes. Swatched OK with a finger, applied OK with a finger, but it just disappeared with any kind of fluffy brush. I found this to apply best with an eyeshadow shader or a flat dense liquid foundation brush. Be careful to blend only the edges or it just sort of blends away.

The color is pretty, if subtle. This isn't really lighter than my skin, since I'm fair yellow/olive, but it is slightly glowy when the light hits it right. I can't really tell in most lighting where I've put it, which makes application tricky. I guess the pigment just blends into my skin color and leaves the shimmer in place.

The product does feel hard and dry, and sort of patchy still - some parts give of more powder than others. My first Elf baked product and can't say I'm a fan.

This does make a very pretty lid color used as eyeshadow. I have small lids/hooded eyes so I typically go for a light/shimmery shade on the lid space.

I'm going to keep looking for a better highlighter though (Essence is next), so I doubt I will buy again.

I own this in Blush Gems, a nice warm pinky champagne color, and Moonlight Pearls, a light pearl with a bit of warmth in it. I think these are nice highlighters especially considering the price. My biggest complaint is that I had to scratch off the first layer on both of them. Little to no pigmented would rub off before doing so. After removing the first layer they're lovely. Both pigmented and buildable. Can be used wet or dry. I get a good amount of wear time out of these as well. Overall, a good purchase. Definitely worth trying. Just keep in mind you may have to remove a layer to get to the good stuff.

this is legit my favorite drugstore highlighter!!!!! depends on how you use it though.
when i feel awful i just put this on to feel a little less awful.
a little backstory: i bought one of these and it broke when i dropped it (obviously) and i was so heartbroken but i got one back a few days ago and instantly my life is a little less mundane
the highlight is so strong when you use it with warm water and it's subtle when you use it dry. depends on what you like. not very glittery compared to the essence highlighter i reviewed!!
it's stiff and you need to blend it with wet fingers but thats all good
fantastic, a plus, nice, very good, cool

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

E.L.F's baked products are all the same (bronzer,blush,highlight). I have had a few of these and I first bought Pinktastic (blush) and it's my HG highlighter, never once broke me out even though it has mineral oil in it. It was very creamy, applied very strong. I also bought another Baked blush colour that had terrible pigment because it was baked too hard and I couldn't pull up anything. I even scratched the surface to get colour and it never helped.

If you buy a dud, try another one, because they're definitely a hit and a miss, but the ones that do work are amazing HG dupes for some great colours.

I bought moonlight pearls and blush gems at target I figured I'd get them since they were just 3$ each. When I first swatched them there was barely any color payoff. I decided to lightly scrape of the top layer with a knife to see if maybe that would help (sounds crazy but I had to do that to my Nars deep threat and it worked) after I did that the color payoff was amazing with one swipe. If your looking for a cheap drugstore highlighter this is a great value. It is still a pretty subtle highlight however and not on par with any of my higher end highlighters (ABH, Becca, Laura Gellar, Nars)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Really wanted to like this. Bought blush gems and moonlight pearl. Both great colours for everyday. It's not going to give a very bright highlight however as it is extremely dry and difficult to pick up product. I'll definitely splurge and get soft and gentle from mac when this is done as blush gems is a dupe. I like a bright highlight. I'll get that bang for my buck with Mac. I'm going to depot them both and crush. I think I'll have better luck and maybe a little more colour pay off if it's in loose form.

Elf is one of those hit or miss brands, some products feel very high end, some feel as if it resembles the price to a tea. Unfortunately, this was one of those products.
So I'm one of those people that love a BLINDING highlight, like the kind to stop traffic. This swatched nicely, a sheer pigment, and i had to apply several coats to get it to really show up on the high plains of my cheeks. It didnt even show up on my nose with three applications!
But if youre the type of gal who loves subtle, you may enjoy this. Applying 1 layer has very very little pigment, so i would recommend 2-3 for someone who tones down the brightness on their cheeks.
The packaging was not super thick or appealing, very basic. I was surprised because i own some contour, highlighting and blush compacts that feel like NARS, i kid you not. So this little baked highlighter was a let-down for me.
The price was amazing of course, $3, cant beat it! But the quality resembled the price.
Like i said, Elf is a hit or miss brand in my eyes, this was a miss.