E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

3.7

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked this product, I ended up buying moon pearls and pink diamonds and I'm satisfied with both although I do have a favorite lol. Anyways I do LOVE a good blinding highlighter, BUT I would not say this is blinding, more like a glow from within type of highlighter and I'm just fine with that, but if you are expecting to be more blinding than the fucking sun this is not the product for you. One negative thing I noticed is that I had to scratch a little to get some good pigment out of the product , before that it was hard and and barely picked up product. Other than that I'm very satisfied with the product.

You do not have to scrape off the top layer to get to the product and even if you did the price is so cheap it's worth the effort.

Just remember all baked items have a crust and makeup is no different.

Just give it a little all over scratch with your finger nail and you can use the powder you have scratched up to apply to your skin. After that initial scratch the highlighter is good to go and a pan will last you a long long time.

Very similar to Champagne Pop and Jeffree Star Eclipse without the price tag.

Applies gently and is buildable. This is my favourite highlighter.

If you live in Australia, open an iHerb account, it is cheaper to purchase most products from there including ELF and you get free postage according to weight and how much you spend. Even with a gloomy dollar you are still saving money. I have a discount code to save you even more money but I don't think I am allowed to add it to a review please contact me through my profile and I will gladly share it with you.

WAY too shimmery and hard to pickup some pigment.

I'm not going to ruin a good highlighter by taking off the top layer JUST to get some pigment.

Save your money and buy MAC's Soft and Gentle or Becca Cosmetics highlighters.

I've heard so many great things about this highlighter and that it was a dupe for something else. Since elf is super cheap, I bought it since the risk is so low. The top layer of the highlighter is extremely hard. You need to scratch off the top layer to actually use it. Even after scratching the layer off, its still difficult to use. Works well when I rubbed my finger on it (hard) but difficult when using a brush. I like the color and everything but the product needs some work. Its an ok highlighter especially for the price (4$). If you don't mind then its good.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought these highlighters in the shades Moonlight Pearls and Blushed Gems. I have also purchased a backup Moonlight Pearls. These highlighters cost $10 in Australia. I honestly think that it's a bit much, but then again all cosmetics products in Australia are overpriced, so...

I should probably start off by saying that I LOVE these highlighters. I honestly thought that I'd be disappointed, but these truly surprised me. I expected a lack of pigment, but these are SO pigmented! The shades are absolutely gorgeous too.

I have extremely oily skin, so I used to avoid highlighters. I actually really regret it, because I feel like I was missing out. Since I started using highlighters, my makeup has turned out so much better. These Elf highlighters don't make me look even more shiny or oily. They can appear relatively sheer, or you can build it up to a blinding highlight.

These are my absolute favourite highlighters at the moment. I recommend these to everyone, and I would definitely purchase again.

Pros
- pigmented
- lovely shades
- decent price

Cons
- none

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I recently got the Elf Baked Highlighter in Blush Gems. I heard it was a dupe for Becca Highlighter in Opal. Well, first off, the packaging is terrible. I'm not super picky if the packaging doesn't look super beautiful, but I like it too. Usually, I'm one for sturdy packaging, which it also did not have. It is pretty small, but it does come in a dome shape like most baked products. I heard it was a little hard to get the product on a brush or on your hand, but I didn't expect to be SO hard. The product is stiff, which can be nice because I don't like it crumbling in my hand and it gives you a lot more control on whether or not you want a lot, but it can be very frustrating sometimes. It also takes a few applications to really get that low. It says you can apply it dry or wet. I had never applied a highlighter, or any product for that matter, wet before, but don't be afraid. Just dampen your brush or finger and swipe it hard onto the highlighter and apply. It looks beautiful and saves you quite a bit of time and reapplying. The price is amazing (only 3 bucks!), so if it wasn't so hard to get onto a brush or your finger, I would definitely buy again, but I don't know yet.

This is the only highlighter i have. As much as i love makeup, honestly im not a fan of the "blinding" "highlighted to the gods" trend at all. I just prefer a subtle glow, a lil cute one.
Anyways, i have mine the shade moonlight pearl. I struggled at first then i read that you kinda have to scrape off the top layer to get a better payoff. So i did. And it worked! Well enough in my opinion. Perfect for everyday glow. I love that the color doesnt show up as a weird highlight stripe on my cheekbones,
instead it looks almost translucent.
Now, in terms of the texture, i really cant say much because i dont have anything to compare it to.
The only few things i dont really like is that the texture feels dry (when you touch it on the pan) and the packaging is just meh.
Other than that, it's cheap af and lasts a looooooong time, mine still looks brand new even after scrapping the top layer.
There is really nothing to lose with this highlighter IMO. I would recommend if someone is looking for an extremely cheap (but good)highlighter lol.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i just got this highlighter in the shade "moonlight pearls" a few days ago (protip for anyone struggling to purchase online due to stock issues, my local target had like 7 of them in their ELF section). i'm seriously blown away by the shade of this; i've been looking for a cool, champagne-y highlighter that wouldn't leave a distinct color streak on my cheek (i'm very fair, so not easy to do) but that wasn't pure white or gold. i wanted something natural but buildable, and this is so perfect. like i don't even want to try becca highlighters anymore because this is so great. it's sparkly but not offensively so, and while it's kind of difficult to work with because it's baked, so long as you scrape off the product you want to use you can get really good product payoff.

for application, i normally rub the handle side of my brush in circular motions on the topmost portion of the highlighter, then dip the brush side into the dust that's been scraped up. if i simply swirl my brush into the top without scraping anything off, nothing shows up on my cheek.

i think this was like $2 at target. will be buying another one of these when i run out. it's pretty perfect.

I finally found this (Blushing Gems) at Target. I have never seen it at any store and even when I try to order from E.L.F.'s website, they were always out of stock. I heard that it was a dupe for one of MAC's highlighters (can't remember the name of it) and since it was always out of stock, that means its got to be good, right? Meh. I wasn't really blown away by it. I do like that the color is pretty subtle because I don't like my highlighter to be blinding anyone. I also like that it is a goldish highlight as all my others are more pearl colored since I am pretty fair and it doesn't look bad on me. I would probably buy it again if I don't find anything else that I like better. My favorite used to be Physician's Formula Transluscent Pearls highlighter and I love the Bronze Pearls one for spring and summer but I think they changed the formulation because I wasn't blown away like I was when I bought the first two pans a couple of years ago. So I will use this up and decide then if I want to buy it again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my first highlighter (Moonlight Pearl), and it's not the easiest to work with. I don't have anything to compare it with, so take this for what it's worth.

I did run down the top layer before trying to apply, based on the reviews here. I did find it hard to apply well with most brushes. Swatched OK with a finger, applied OK with a finger, but it just disappeared with any kind of fluffy brush. I found this to apply best with an eyeshadow shader or a flat dense liquid foundation brush. Be careful to blend only the edges or it just sort of blends away.

The color is pretty, if subtle. This isn't really lighter than my skin, since I'm fair yellow/olive, but it is slightly glowy when the light hits it right. I can't really tell in most lighting where I've put it, which makes application tricky. I guess the pigment just blends into my skin color and leaves the shimmer in place.

The product does feel hard and dry, and sort of patchy still - some parts give of more powder than others. My first Elf baked product and can't say I'm a fan.

This does make a very pretty lid color used as eyeshadow. I have small lids/hooded eyes so I typically go for a light/shimmery shade on the lid space.

I'm going to keep looking for a better highlighter though (Essence is next), so I doubt I will buy again.