E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

3.7

You do not have to scrape off the top layer to get to the product and even if you did the price is so cheap it's worth the effort.

Just remember all baked items have a crust and makeup is no different.

Just give it a little all over scratch with your finger nail and you can use the powder you have scratched up to apply to your skin. After that initial scratch the highlighter is good to go and a pan will last you a long long time.

Very similar to Champagne Pop and Jeffree Star Eclipse without the price tag.

Applies gently and is buildable. This is my favourite highlighter.

If you live in Australia, open an iHerb account, it is cheaper to purchase most products from there including ELF and you get free postage according to weight and how much you spend. Even with a gloomy dollar you are still saving money. I have a discount code to save you even more money but I don't think I am allowed to add it to a review please contact me through my profile and I will gladly share it with you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i just got this highlighter in the shade "moonlight pearls" a few days ago (protip for anyone struggling to purchase online due to stock issues, my local target had like 7 of them in their ELF section). i'm seriously blown away by the shade of this; i've been looking for a cool, champagne-y highlighter that wouldn't leave a distinct color streak on my cheek (i'm very fair, so not easy to do) but that wasn't pure white or gold. i wanted something natural but buildable, and this is so perfect. like i don't even want to try becca highlighters anymore because this is so great. it's sparkly but not offensively so, and while it's kind of difficult to work with because it's baked, so long as you scrape off the product you want to use you can get really good product payoff.

for application, i normally rub the handle side of my brush in circular motions on the topmost portion of the highlighter, then dip the brush side into the dust that's been scraped up. if i simply swirl my brush into the top without scraping anything off, nothing shows up on my cheek.

i think this was like $2 at target. will be buying another one of these when i run out. it's pretty perfect.

this is legit my favorite drugstore highlighter!!!!! depends on how you use it though.
when i feel awful i just put this on to feel a little less awful.
a little backstory: i bought one of these and it broke when i dropped it (obviously) and i was so heartbroken but i got one back a few days ago and instantly my life is a little less mundane
the highlight is so strong when you use it with warm water and it's subtle when you use it dry. depends on what you like. not very glittery compared to the essence highlighter i reviewed!!
it's stiff and you need to blend it with wet fingers but thats all good
fantastic, a plus, nice, very good, cool

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

E.L.F's baked products are all the same (bronzer,blush,highlight). I have had a few of these and I first bought Pinktastic (blush) and it's my HG highlighter, never once broke me out even though it has mineral oil in it. It was very creamy, applied very strong. I also bought another Baked blush colour that had terrible pigment because it was baked too hard and I couldn't pull up anything. I even scratched the surface to get colour and it never helped.

If you buy a dud, try another one, because they're definitely a hit and a miss, but the ones that do work are amazing HG dupes for some great colours.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just like with the e.l.f. Baked Blush in ‘Pinktastic’, the baked highlighter in ‘Blush Gems’ is my other go to highlighter, but for a more bronzed/peachy looks. It gives me a nice glow and lasts all day. It goes on smooth and lasts all day. I apply it with e.l.f. Small Tapered brush or a fan brush, and they seem to do the best job, & I just do a last finishing blending with the It Cosmetics All-Over Powder No.11 brush and all just look beautiful. If I ever in need of it again, I would buy it; but I believe that this product can last quite a bit, so it also makes it a great deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A+ highlighter. I got it in moonlinght pearls and its a very pretty light champagne color. Longlasting and not over-the-top on the skin at all. Love it. Repurchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have these in Blush Gems & Pinktastic. These are fabu! I use them in place of blush because blush tends to overwhelm my round face w glasses. There is simply no room for a pink blush without looking like I have tiger stripes swiped under what's reflecting on the corners of my lower outer lenses of the glasses. They impart a wonderful glow. Not too OTT or disco ball. I do the same thing w the elf shimmering facial whip if I don't use one of these...highest part of cheekbone (which is hard to determine when u have a pudgy round face lol), inner corner of eyes, top of bridge of nose, & Cupid's arrow. I will get Moonlight next time! --> obsessed w anything elf! I'm trying to do my shimmer more subtly as I'm going for a softer focus but oh my these 2 are lovely! But I probably won't quit buying MAC ;)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

In the pan this looks almost scary, like it would turn you into a disco ball. Thankfully, not true. I have this in Moonlight Pearls, and it gives a really pretty glow to the cheekbones. Nothing garish or OTT at all. The closest thing I have to compare this to is Wet 'n Wild's discontinued cult fave All Over Shimmer powder. Swatched side-by-side (I have a backup of WnW) they are very, very close - main difference is the E.L.F.'s is just a tad more golden. Price-wise, they're also on the same playing field. This is a keeper! ;-)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have the shade Moonlight Pearls, which is a champagne-y gold shade.

+ great pigmentation
+ no glitter, just a nice soft shimmer/shine
+ light gold shade
+ stays all day, doesn't make my entire face sparkly
+ makes a great longlasting eyeshadow too
+ price

- feels slightly chalky and dry

Again I'm very satisfied with another e.l.f. baked product!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have the pink shade which isn't too pink for my skin tone!! This is my favorite highlighter!! Will def buy more!!