E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this in Blush Gems because I read the color payoff (not formula!) was similar to Mac's Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, which it really is.

This is a beautiful color, a sort of champagne and rose-gold mixture. It can be a little difficult to work at first in the sense that its baked and pretty hard, but once you break through that top coating you get to the glorious goody parts! I feel like this shade and its mixture will work for a variety of skintones and shades. AND it's only 3 bucks!

The only con is that the packaging sucks, its really flimsy and cheap looking. I depotted, so that's no biggie for me but I think its worth a mention.

With each new Elf product I try, I find myself more and more impressed. You really can't go wrong picking these up from your local drugstore or online.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Guys! I just bought this product and I had such high hopes for it, seeing as how i've seen you-tubers rave about it. It was much drier than I thought and when I swatched it I was super disappointed. But, I tried it with a wet beauty blender and it looks amazing!! So, if you are disappointed with this product try it with a wet beauty blender or makeup sponge. It makes a huge difference!

I purchased the shade blush gems, and I gotta say at first I was really disappointed. I would run my finger through the product and literally nothing would come off. It felt like a rock. It wasn't until I decided to lightly scratch off the top layer, that's when the product started coming out more. I love it, it has great pigmentation, and the price is amazing, it looks great on my skin. Overall I would purchase another one.

I bought this because of all the good reviews, but not to use as a highlighter. Frankly, my shiny face needs a highlighter like Mercury needs more sun. I got it because I suspected it would make a wonderful eyeshadow and I was right. It's wonderful: shiny but not sparkly, sheer but not colorless,

It's very firm and I had to scratch the surface a bit to get the eyeshadow to loosen up, but once I did, it goes on very smooth, and judging by how much I've used so far, will last for years. Lovely as a base color, or just on its own for a super quick eye.

Be careful with the hinge as it's easy to break.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i just got this highlighter in the shade "moonlight pearls" a few days ago (protip for anyone struggling to purchase online due to stock issues, my local target had like 7 of them in their ELF section). i'm seriously blown away by the shade of this; i've been looking for a cool, champagne-y highlighter that wouldn't leave a distinct color streak on my cheek (i'm very fair, so not easy to do) but that wasn't pure white or gold. i wanted something natural but buildable, and this is so perfect. like i don't even want to try becca highlighters anymore because this is so great. it's sparkly but not offensively so, and while it's kind of difficult to work with because it's baked, so long as you scrape off the product you want to use you can get really good product payoff.

for application, i normally rub the handle side of my brush in circular motions on the topmost portion of the highlighter, then dip the brush side into the dust that's been scraped up. if i simply swirl my brush into the top without scraping anything off, nothing shows up on my cheek.

i think this was like $2 at target. will be buying another one of these when i run out. it's pretty perfect.

This is the only highlighter i have. As much as i love makeup, honestly im not a fan of the "blinding" "highlighted to the gods" trend at all. I just prefer a subtle glow, a lil cute one.
Anyways, i have mine the shade moonlight pearl. I struggled at first then i read that you kinda have to scrape off the top layer to get a better payoff. So i did. And it worked! Well enough in my opinion. Perfect for everyday glow. I love that the color doesnt show up as a weird highlight stripe on my cheekbones,
instead it looks almost translucent.
Now, in terms of the texture, i really cant say much because i dont have anything to compare it to.
The only few things i dont really like is that the texture feels dry (when you touch it on the pan) and the packaging is just meh.
Other than that, it's cheap af and lasts a looooooong time, mine still looks brand new even after scrapping the top layer.
There is really nothing to lose with this highlighter IMO. I would recommend if someone is looking for an extremely cheap (but good)highlighter lol.

I purchased this after many bloggers said it was an effective, affordable choice for a highlighter. The shade I ordered was "moonlight pearls". In the packaging it looks nice, but it practice, it's horrible. It's full of glitter and you basically cannot get any product out of it without having to offensively rub your brush or sponge into. Utterly useless and a total waste of space - have since thrown it away.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this in Moonlight and Blush Gems, and I LOVE them! I obsess over highlighters so ive got highlighters from tons of makeup brands, including high-end ones. I keep coming back to these because they're extremelyyy finely ground, so it truly looks like a highlight rather than shimmer or glitter. i hate looking like you have shimmer/sparkles on your face. This is truly dewey. But anyway, Blush Gems is gorgeous bronze/pink and it looks like a glowy blush and makes your face look bronzed. Moonlight pearls is a white/champagne color that is basically a translucent highlighter.

only PROBLEM is that there are 5 oils in the ingredients, including mineral oil!! I imagine this would make you break out...i hate putting oils on my face and i know mineral oil is terrible for your skin as far as aging and acne! I dont know why they would put 5 oils in the ingredients, ugh..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought 2 of these highlighters in Moonlight Pearls and Blush Gems. Moonlight Pearls is my favourite, it is a gorgeous white gold. I can't really get much colour pay off using a brush, but when i dab it on using my fingers it leaves such a glowy beautiful finish. I find this looks fab in low lights, but like ALL highlighters I have tried it looks glittery in daylight. I am still on the hunt for a natural glowy highlight. Price is unbeatable and it lasts all day. Would recommend!

You really have to use your hand, because brushes won't pick up anything at all, and you have to get rid of the first layer before using, or there's just no product coming out at all. After that though, it gives your skin a very natural highlight even though there's a tiny bit of glitter in it.