e.l.f. Cosmetics Cosmetics Baked Highlighter

3.7

I dutifully scraped off the top layer of this once I got it and absolutely love how it applies to my skin. I was nervous Moonlight Pearls was going to pull a little too warm on me, but turns out it's a nice pinky-champagne that's very flattering on fair skin. I normally use a fan brush with a powder highlight, but because this product one is so packed down, I opt for a denser, pointed brush (specifically the one from their It's Lit Highlighting Brush kit) and it becomes so easy to apply and build up. I'm only sorry it took me this long to try this out!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my fave YouTubers loves this so I tried it in moonlight pearl. At first there was no highlighting effects, I thought I would throw it out. However, the trick is to scrape lightly the top layer off (I used the edge of manicure scissors) and then I used my small brush and it worked better I could see a little bit of highlight. I'll use this up but will not repurchase.

Very glittery and shimmery - unless that is the preferred look. Has a hard film on top which makes it difficult to get any product in a brush or sponge. Overall it's nice for everyday but not subtle.

This is a good highlight but it is very shimmery for my taste. If you are looking for a natural glowy highlighter I wouldn't recommend this one. Its price is very good and its packaging its fine, but it is very shimmery.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Moonlit Pearl is my favourite drugstore highlight.

This is one of my favorite highlighters that I've used. I scrapped off the top layer and I used it on my cheek bones, the tip of my nose, the space between my brows, and on my Cupid's bow. This wears all day and was worth the $4 I paid for it, it looks wonderful on my light skin tone.

I LOVE THIS HIGHLIGHTER SO MUCH!!! I am fair skinned and this is the perfect champagne shade to give me a very blinding glow (or natural if im lighthanded). Just scratch off the very top layer and the product is SO pigmented. Like. SOOOO PIGMENTED. Ive had it for a long time and havent run out yet, but i will DEFINITELY be repurchasing.

I don't get the hype. I have Apricot Glow.

I scraped the top layer off, and it's still mediocre. I have to really dig my brush in to pick up any product. And there is noticeable, quite chunky glitter. The glitter ends up accentuating texture more than other highlighters I use.

Additionally, when I used it on my eyes, it creased so much more than other highlighters.

I much prefer the Wet n Wild highlight - cheap, soft texture, easy to pick up with a brush, can go from subtle to blinding. The elf one can be built up, but ends up accentuating texture way too much for it to be flattering.

But if you only use a little, it can be a nice natural highlight, if you ignore the larger specks of glitter.

Overall, wouldn't recommend.

Even after scraping off the top layers I still think this stuff is overhyped. It extenuates the texture of my skin to a ridiculous degree... and I don't even have much texture in the areas I put it to begin with. it's just not flattering. I also find it difficult to blend out or even pick up with a brush to begin with. If you're looking for an inexpensive highlighter I feel like there's far better options out there especially now when it's Highlighter-palooza

I overall do not care for ELF's powdered products in general.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This highlighter is very light and I mean it’s not super pigmented. However, I do like this for everyday. I’m not trying to be a super huge baller at work or anything but I do like to look put together and professional with a hint of sexy. I’m not sure what everyone is talking about with the top layer of this but it’s been the same throughout for the 7-10 times I have used it. I tried a brush but it’s too light so I use my finger and build as much as I could before i call it quits lol would I buy it again? No. Recommend to friends no unless they are on a super tight budget and have hear my whole explanation lol oh and i have the Moonlight Pearls.