e.l.f. Cosmetics Cosmetics Baked Highlighter

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Moonlit Pearl is my favourite drugstore highlight.

This is one of my favorite highlighters that I've used. I scrapped off the top layer and I used it on my cheek bones, the tip of my nose, the space between my brows, and on my Cupid's bow. This wears all day and was worth the $4 I paid for it, it looks wonderful on my light skin tone.

I LOVE THIS HIGHLIGHTER SO MUCH!!! I am fair skinned and this is the perfect champagne shade to give me a very blinding glow (or natural if im lighthanded). Just scratch off the very top layer and the product is SO pigmented. Like. SOOOO PIGMENTED. Ive had it for a long time and havent run out yet, but i will DEFINITELY be repurchasing.

I don't get the hype. I have Apricot Glow.

I scraped the top layer off, and it's still mediocre. I have to really dig my brush in to pick up any product. And there is noticeable, quite chunky glitter. The glitter ends up accentuating texture more than other highlighters I use.

Additionally, when I used it on my eyes, it creased so much more than other highlighters.

I much prefer the Wet n Wild highlight - cheap, soft texture, easy to pick up with a brush, can go from subtle to blinding. The elf one can be built up, but ends up accentuating texture way too much for it to be flattering.

But if you only use a little, it can be a nice natural highlight, if you ignore the larger specks of glitter.

Overall, wouldn't recommend.

Even after scraping off the top layers I still think this stuff is overhyped. It extenuates the texture of my skin to a ridiculous degree... and I don't even have much texture in the areas I put it to begin with. it's just not flattering. I also find it difficult to blend out or even pick up with a brush to begin with. If you're looking for an inexpensive highlighter I feel like there's far better options out there especially now when it's Highlighter-palooza

I overall do not care for ELF's powdered products in general.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This highlighter is very light and I mean it’s not super pigmented. However, I do like this for everyday. I’m not trying to be a super huge baller at work or anything but I do like to look put together and professional with a hint of sexy. I’m not sure what everyone is talking about with the top layer of this but it’s been the same throughout for the 7-10 times I have used it. I tried a brush but it’s too light so I use my finger and build as much as I could before i call it quits lol would I buy it again? No. Recommend to friends no unless they are on a super tight budget and have hear my whole explanation lol oh and i have the Moonlight Pearls.

I'm starting to wonder with e.l.f. if they have some bad batches of a product and some good batches. I bought this product online from Target on a whim. When it arrived, I swatched it on my finger and nothing showed up. I tried pushing as hard as I could into the pan, but still could not get more than a sheer layer of glitter with a hint of gold to transfer on my finger. This was extremely disappointing. The reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive and viewing the swatches that others have taken, it doesn't even look like the same product. I feel like e.l.f. products are very hit or miss. Some of their products have amazing pigment, and others are trash. I SO wanted to love this highlighter, but this was a complete miss for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This highlighter is bomb when used correctly (i.e scraping the top layer off). I prefer this over my Becca Moonstone highlight. I like to apply the highlighter directly to my cheeks from the compact (soo unhygienic I know!) and use my fingers to disperse the product onto my nose and cupids bow. The result is a dewy wet-looking glow that is perfect for light skintones no crazy orange pigment here, just glow. Also it's only $3.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Packaging is sort of cheap and plastic-y, but it was four dollars and it's simple and easy to use. Like people are saying, there's a hard layer of product that's just sort of a scratchy top coat from being baked. When you scratch it off, it becomes beautiful, soft, and pigmented. I got the shades Blush Gems and Pink Diamonds: dupes for JS's Skin Frosts I would say. My go-to highlighters for a more natural but not completely subtle look. If I want glow but not blind, I'll reach for these, which I do on a daily basis. Got shades for every skin tone. Into it. Almost down completely to pan on my Blush Gems. BG also makes for a beautiful shadow as well.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After I removed the top later of the product, the pigment and shine was very nice. I really like the champagne tone of this highlighter, however it does have a few distinct glitters in it and I find some of them throw an unconventional tone such as green or red. The powder is a little chalky and powdery sometimes but it looks very pretty in the light.