E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.7

It's just so damn dry man! I scraped off the top layer...several times...and I still don't get much color payoff so I don't really feel it's worth my time. If you want a similar shade of highlighter at a similar price point that's way more pigmented and buttery...try Wet n Wild Crown of My Canopy instead, and save yourself the hassle
EDIT: This is a review for the shade Blushed Gems. I also have the shade Moonlight Pearls and am equally unimpressed...

I only bought this because I kept hearing how amazing it was.... Especially at this price point. . I'm very fair skinned so I cannot pull off the given color highlighters but I decided to try. After spending 20 minutes removing enough of the product (which I store in a reusable 5gram plastic container), I was finally able to pick up enough on my brush to try it on and I must say, it looked beautiful on me. The perfect shade of gold. It is one of the sparklier highlights I own and even more is difficult to get enough into the brush, but it is very flattering and instead of having to carry the whole compact in my makeup bag, I just take along the little plastic container with the excesse product I had to scrape off fortouchups

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my first highlighter (Moonlight Pearl), and it's not the easiest to work with. I don't have anything to compare it with, so take this for what it's worth.

I did run down the top layer before trying to apply, based on the reviews here. I did find it hard to apply well with most brushes. Swatched OK with a finger, applied OK with a finger, but it just disappeared with any kind of fluffy brush. I found this to apply best with an eyeshadow shader or a flat dense liquid foundation brush. Be careful to blend only the edges or it just sort of blends away.

The color is pretty, if subtle. This isn't really lighter than my skin, since I'm fair yellow/olive, but it is slightly glowy when the light hits it right. I can't really tell in most lighting where I've put it, which makes application tricky. I guess the pigment just blends into my skin color and leaves the shimmer in place.

The product does feel hard and dry, and sort of patchy still - some parts give of more powder than others. My first Elf baked product and can't say I'm a fan.

This does make a very pretty lid color used as eyeshadow. I have small lids/hooded eyes so I typically go for a light/shimmery shade on the lid space.

I'm going to keep looking for a better highlighter though (Essence is next), so I doubt I will buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

These highlighters are ones that are not super pigmented, and they are not very long-lasting on tne face, so they do require being touched up. They do not give off an intense glow, so if you are someone who prefers highlighters that do, then these aren't for you. However, for me, they are ones that i can work with it, and actually would purchase again, since they are so cheap.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just like with the e.l.f. Baked Blush in ‘Pinktastic’, the baked highlighter in ‘Blush Gems’ is my other go to highlighter, but for a more bronzed/peachy looks. It gives me a nice glow and lasts all day. It goes on smooth and lasts all day. I apply it with e.l.f. Small Tapered brush or a fan brush, and they seem to do the best job, & I just do a last finishing blending with the It Cosmetics All-Over Powder No.11 brush and all just look beautiful. If I ever in need of it again, I would buy it; but I believe that this product can last quite a bit, so it also makes it a great deal.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have these in Blush Gems & Pinktastic. These are fabu! I use them in place of blush because blush tends to overwhelm my round face w glasses. There is simply no room for a pink blush without looking like I have tiger stripes swiped under what's reflecting on the corners of my lower outer lenses of the glasses. They impart a wonderful glow. Not too OTT or disco ball. I do the same thing w the elf shimmering facial whip if I don't use one of these...highest part of cheekbone (which is hard to determine when u have a pudgy round face lol), inner corner of eyes, top of bridge of nose, & Cupid's arrow. I will get Moonlight next time! --> obsessed w anything elf! I'm trying to do my shimmer more subtly as I'm going for a softer focus but oh my these 2 are lovely! But I probably won't quit buying MAC ;)

Just purchased Blush Gems from eBay and despite all the reviews saying it has no glitter and that it has a velvety texture, mine needs several swipes to pick up product and it's full of tiny glitter sparkles. When lightly swatched all you see is glitter and no actual color. I have to layer and layer and by the time I get the highlight to adhere to my skin...I'm FULL of glitter. When swatched with my finger somehow it looks like the online swatches I've seen comparing it to Soft & Gentle. :(

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this in Blush Gems because I read the color payoff (not formula!) was similar to Mac's Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, which it really is.

This is a beautiful color, a sort of champagne and rose-gold mixture. It can be a little difficult to work at first in the sense that its baked and pretty hard, but once you break through that top coating you get to the glorious goody parts! I feel like this shade and its mixture will work for a variety of skintones and shades. AND it's only 3 bucks!

The only con is that the packaging sucks, its really flimsy and cheap looking. I depotted, so that's no biggie for me but I think its worth a mention.

With each new Elf product I try, I find myself more and more impressed. You really can't go wrong picking these up from your local drugstore or online.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a beautiful highlighter! I heard so may great reviews about it and I had to try it myself. Absolutely gorgeous!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this highlighter and love it. Have tried Bobby Brown, Lorac and NYX and this definitely is my favourite. Will repurchase.