3.9

price range

Reviews

2.0

6 years ago

I had heard about this product from a YouTuber. I used Small Talk on damp hair, then blow dried it. It did give my hair a bit of volume, but without my Gatsby hair wax, the results wouldn't be noticeable at all. And if I use the hair wax, I don't even need Small Talk. I hate blow drying my hair too, so it's just a pain to have to do it every time I use this product. I do think that the packaging is adorable, and the scent of the product is quite nice, but it just doesn't give me the texture or volume I was expecting.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

7 years ago

This product is just plain fun. Love love love the smell and packaging! I rake this product into soping wet hair over Tigi's Dumb Blonde leave-in, scrunch with my hands and let my hair air dry. Given its super light to non-existent hold, I am left with loose casual curls and waves that have bounce. I may emulsify a small amount with a bit of serum or emulsify a small dap of After Party and apply it to my hair once it is fully dry as I find air drying with this product does leave me with frizz. I consider this a weekend product. This is not my go-to for defined waves or curls by any means. I think I mostly enjoy it for the smell, truth be told. Three lippie review given I think I have mostly be suckered in by packaging and scent. I have yet to try this as a blow dry product, I will update this review once I do.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

7 years ago

I thought Its gonna be a miracle.Well,It is,kinda.Its not that good,but its good. :D I would repurchase ,but its kinda expensive. The curls last for long,it smells AMAZING!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

7 years ago

I like the volume it gives to my hair and the smell is nice. I like it but for me it is nothing special.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I really like this product I find that it is not thick hair and does what it says, adds good volume. But the only reason that it has got 3 stars is because after a few days I go to strighten my hair and and it makes my hair all greasy and horrible. If it did not do this after a few days I would love this product. For that reason don't know if I would buy again :(

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

8 years ago

Sorry to be debbie downer but this didn't work at all for me. I tried it before blowdrying and it just made my hair feel gunky and knotty, no oomph at all. When i used it on dry hair it made my hair look super oily and limp and it felt gross. It also smells foul and the packaging looks cheap. For something like this I much prefer American Crew forming cream (mens product, i know) it is amazing!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

8 years ago

if you love this then try this: Best Tip ever for this Product i saw on youtube!!! there was a hairstylist and she said to mix in your hand with a volume mousse. i tried and wow! now i love small talk even more. because i get huge volume that lasts two days. i have a bit over shoulder lenght fine, but a lot of hair, lightly waved. i use one pump of ST and a golf ball size amount of a volume foam (mine is from wella) and mix it in my hands like i would lotion my hands, than put it all over my damp not superwet hair, roots and lenghts. then i blow dry and the result is amazing. the price to me is fine because it lasts so long. the smell....i am not a huge fan, but i got used to it:) and it disappears after few hours. will buy again and again and again..

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Wonderful product from the scent to the packaging to the total results. Has a grape scent which lingers throughout the day which I love! I first curl my hair then use half a pump and apply an even amount from mid shaft to ends then blow dry with a diftuser and break curls up. Wonder soft shiny finish, with a light suttle hold. Perfect for voluminous tousled locks.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I love this product!!! I't gives my hair the volume I want and it helps to style my hair wonderfully. Looks healthy and bouncy after using. It's easy to apply: just one pump in your hands and when it makes contact with my wet hair, it kinda slips into it. I let it airdry for 3/4, shape my hair in the meantime and then I blow dry. At first it feels- anld looks a little crispy, but when you leave it for a short while, it turns into a soft, shiny finish. After blown dry, I hold my head upside down and add a little (about half a pump) underneath the layers and will not touch it untilll the product has dryed down. IMO the best way to use it when having a bob with layers. Love it!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesOther

8 years ago

I find that when I use this on my hair and don't blow dry it leaves my hair crispy. It does thicken it but I don't like to have crispy hair. I tried blow drying my hair afterwards and it feels soft and bouncy not crispy. I think this product would work best on someone with shorter hair with a layered cut. It looks like it would give great texture to that hair style. I will still continue to look for a better thickener.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age36-43