Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss Sweet Grapefuit

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the 3rd Milani lip gloss I have purchased, and I have been equally pleased with all 3.
These leave your lips soft, no tackiness or stickiness, they wear decently, these last on me about 4 hours, which for me is a long time for a gloss, and that is with talking and drinking coffee. These do have a sweet smell, sort of fruity smell, which is a bit strong when you first apply but dissipates in a minute or two and then you can barely smell it, so I find the fruity-sweet does not linger. Not like some glosses or lip products that you can smell it the entire time you are wearing it. If you like sweet smells, this would be right up your alley. And even if you are not really a fan of sweet smells, again, to me the smell dissipates pretty quickly.

This particular shade looks very peachy in the tube, but once applied, to me it is quite nude/neutral, barely any peach at all unless you really really look for it. But I find that with all these Milani glosses, they do not have the opacity on the lips that they do in the tube, which to me, is nice. But if you buy this thinking you will have peach-colored lips, you might find otherwise. My lips are not pigmented much, so if you do have more pigmented lips, the peach might show up more..? But to me, it is acutally a pretty neutral gloss once applied on the lips. Swatching this on my hand, it does look the same as in the tube, but once on the lips, somehow it loses the opacity, at least on my lips. And I am fine with that, and actually like it 'softer.

To me, these are every bit as good and perform as well and even better than many high-end glosses that I have tried. These do not get gummy on me nor funky feeling and these do not turn bizarre colors as the day goes on..just a pleasure to wear...I think I want one of each shade..;)

on 3/13/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous color payoff and love the vanilla scent. This is a little sticky, but it contributes to its lasting power. I love Milani products and their new glosses are amazing quality. This is a pretty neutral pink color on me (NW20). It seems to lean more warm, but I can barely tell. I usually don't look good in warm colors, but this looks great.

So cheap for such a great gloss and I am not a gloss fan.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Wow, love these new glosses from Milani! I was never a fan of their lip products because I couldn't stand the scent of them. The new Brilliant Shine glosses have a very faint vanilla scent to them which is such an improvement. Pigmentation is outstanding in these glosses. I purchased three and all of them are vibrant in color. Sweet Grapefruit is a creamy neutral mid-tone pink with no shmmer or sparkles. It is the shade of ruby red grapfruit. Warm pink with a touch of red. Staying power is absolutely amazing! Omg, the best out there in the drugstore. The only con is that these glosses are extremely sticky.