3.8

price range

Reviews

1.0

2 years ago

This cleanser is basically like a bar of soap in a tube! Yes you only need a small pea size to make it foam up! But it's extremely drying & highly fragranced ???????? It's a very typical Japanese style cleanser & they try to sell you a softner afterwards to remedy the drying effects of the cleanser! I think I have bought like 5 tubes of this cleanser in the past knowing how bad this face cleanser is just to get the free bonus gift ???? that was offered &since I think ???? I had a $10 off coupon from Sephora once LOL ! It's only satisfies a sensory need for people with oily skin Bc it gives you that squeaky clean feeling in the summertime! & that's really the only reason I bought it! LOL

About reviewer (235 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

EyesBlack

2.0

3 years ago

I first purchased this cleanser in combination with the moisturizer and the balancer/toner from the Pureness line. It was recommended to me because of my oily skin and it was my first time trying any high end skin care. Before using this product I always used scrub cleansers because they felt like they were really getting into my skin. At first I liked this product because it didn't take much to get a good lather so it wasn't used up quickly. Unfortunately it just wasn't actually cleaning my skin because after I used it I would use the balancer/toner from the Pureness line and I could see dirt on the cotton pad. I don't feel like this cleanser game me a deep clean, not even a surface clean. I wanted to like it so much because both moisturizer and the balancer in the line were awesome for me and I also love their foundations, but for cleaning my skin I needed something that was stronger.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

LOVE! This has changed my combination acneprone skin. Although I'm 28 years old, I always break out once a month along my jawline, and now I don't anymore! My pores have shrunk, and my skin is glowing and fresh, and I do not need much makeup anymore. I use mascara, rouge and eyeliner and I'm out the door in the morning. A few months ago, I was so embarrassed of my skin, and used BB cream and concealer, and now I get compliments on how great my skin looks. Its a miracle. I use this, the pureness balancing toner and the Ibuki refined moisturizer. After a long day at work, i still get a shiny t-zone, but not as bad as before, and my skin is soft to touch and feels amazing. No tightness! And this cleanser remove ALL my eyemakeup with ease, and you just need a tiny bit, so in the long run, this is not as pricey as it seems!! Even my husband have commented that I look a bit more awake, and "polished". Even without makeup at all, I feel pretty and confident!! Update 10/23/2016: Love this so much. I'm so glad that this works in the fall too, and do not dry out my skin. I'm on my second bitte of it and cracke more :) Thumbs up!

About reviewer (180 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

This cleanser has been my HG cleanser for 4 years. Even though it's a little more pricey than I'd like, I buy it anyway. 4 years ago I broke out really badly when I was trying different facial cleansers, and I went to a couple dermatologists whose solutions either didn't work or made my face swell. I tried anything and everything over and behind the counter even before my aforementioned experiment, but this cleanser is the only product that has produced lasting acne-banishing results. When I tried this cleanser, though, my acne cleared right up and my oil was completely under control. This cleanser is pretty drying when combined with a towel, but it's perfectly fine by itself. It removes all the excess oil without stripping your natural oils. It's very creamy and leaves my skin squeaky clean without a hint of residue. My face feels very light and clean afterwards. You don't get very much for the price tag and it doesn't last very long, especially for someone who uses this as my only cleanser, but, again, I return to this cleanser for the wonders it has worked on my skin! I would definitely recommend this as the poster child of oily acne prone skin.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Medium

4 years ago

Absolutely love this product! It gives the best, deep clean squeaky feel without being overdrying. I use it after a cleansing oil to make sure my pores are free of all makeup, dirt and oil. Obsessed!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

All I can say is thank good for this website!! I have severely acne prone skin. Any little ingredient that can clog clog my pores will clog them and cause more breakouts. I was looking for a cleanser with menthol. It really does help with the acnr but for so long I could only find that in the drugstore clean&clear or neutrogena scrubs. Those did what they could for my skin but just not enough cleaning power and possibly a little abrasive on the skin. I saw reviews for this product and decided to try. I dont regret it at all! Ppl say it leaves the face squeaky clean and it reslly does without stripping your faces natural oil. I do every now and the. Combine with st.ives apricrot scrub to slough away any extra leftovers of dead skin or makeup. Mind you I am 1mo in on oral acne antibiotics and a benzoyl morning creme but in all 25 yrs of my life ive never found a cleanser product that i genuinely enjoy and stay true to after its full use. I will continue to buy! Please dont ever mess with the ingredients- its just right and does the trick!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

5 years ago

I don't want to rush my comment about this product. But I can't wait.. I have combination acne prone sensitive skin and suddenly 2years ago I started to have cystic acne around my chin area.. I went to several dermatologists and used prescribed drug's and I have never had completely clear skin for 2 years. BTW I was obsessed with sls and tried to buy natural products.. There was a sale for this clenser with the sparkling party set so I bought this cleanser by chance.. Not blind chance though i checked out the comments here as I always do before buying any cosmetics,skin care products.. Even though i am still using some medical creams and this cleanser day and night it doesn't dry me out.. what more can i say.. Cleans my face like there is no tomorrow my consistent blackheads are lessened my pores look smaller.. I didn't have new acne for 2 weeks which is amazing.. I feel like I'll get rid of my acnes when my cysts finally will come to the surface.. I'll keep you posted...

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

Best cleanser I've even used. I'm used up over 5 bottles.. The price is fair as I et them annually at the shiseido warehouse sale. I have combination to oily skin type and gets breakouts very very easily if I do not use the right products for my skin. This cleanser clear off all of the excess oil from my make up remover and leave my face fresh and clean. It foams up pretty well, clean amazingly and doesn't dry out my skin. Highly recommended!!!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOily, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

Purchased from TJ Maxx. Leaves skin squeaky cleaner than any other facial cleanser I've used (been thru SOOO many). The tiniest dab works up into a rich lather for your entire face. I only use every other day at MOST. it hasn't ever dried out my skin yet... but I don't want to press my luck. Helps control blackheads.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

It doesnt't dry out my skin and has a pleasant texture. Though I tryed a lot of cleansers in my life, this is one is of very few I'd like to swiitch back to.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age30-35