Equate Self Tan Foaming Mousse

No Image

1.0

Absolutely horrible! I saw this product in a YouTube video, and the bottle apparently read "comparable to St. Tropez". The girl had already been using St. Tropez, and tried this. She claimed that it was a good dupe, so I went and bought some from my local Walmart for about $8.

It smelled great, and the guide color looked promising, since it was green toned. It was easy to blend in, and dried fairly quickly.

I let the color develop for 4 hours, the first time around, before getting a shower. The guide color rinsed off, and I was left with absolutely nothing. I was not any darker. Confused, I decided to try again once more. The second time, I left it on all night while I slept, and then some (about ten hours total). I was displeased to see that I had not gotten any darker than I appeared the night before when I had applied it. But I went ahead and showered anyway, in hopes that some pigmentation would remain. NOTHING.

Even after leaving this product on for 10 hours, I got no results! And I still stunk to high heavens afterwards! Needless to say, I'm incredibly displeased with this. I don't know how that YouTuber was happy with her results, because I certainly was not. I'm going to try to return it and get a refund, if I can. I'm pretty sure Walmart has a money back guarantee for people who are unsatisfied with their product, and I am VERY unsatisfied...

on 11/12/2014 7:59:00 PM

I purchased this with high hopes.
Terrible product. I have been self tanning for many years, I know the drill. This didn't do anything for my skin, there wasnt a tan hours later, a day later. I liked that its an ash'y green because that means zero Orange effect. Well, there wasn't an effect at all. I'm staying with the REAL St.Tropez self Tanner, expensive but worth the result and reward~~ beautiful natural Brown tan. I returned to Wal Mart and was refunded my $9.

on 10/9/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Been self tanning for about 6years. I've tried alot Nd this is the 1st one that has left no color. It's been some years since I tried st. Tropez but I remember it has a really dark cool toned color guide like this so I had high hopes. But then I showered and NOTHING! I bought two when I bought the 1st since I had tried the mist and liked it, I figured this would be great so I ve went through BOTH bottles trying to get it to work nothing did. St.Tropez is so natural looking it's such a shame this didn't work out...idk wth they was thinking!

on 5/19/2014 1:26:00 PM

I am so disappointed in this product! I was super excited to go home and try it. It applied fairly easily, but it went on a funky dark green color (it didn't really bother me though). I left it on overnight and woke up with a lighter green color that completely washed off in the shower. No color WHATSOEVER. So upset.

on 3/9/2014 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Self tanning addict here - never tried St. Tropez ($$$) or any type of self tanning foam, so I don't really have much to compare this to! I purchased this foam for around 8 dollars at my local Walmart. The other products in this line were a lotion, tanning mist, and leg spray. All of these looked incredibly small (especially the lotion) so I decided to go for the foam. After I got home and showered, I grabbed a latex glove to apply this. The color was a bronzey medium brown out of the bottle. The foam wasn't really bouncy and soft, say like hair mousse. It was relatively easy to spread and it dried fairly quickly. It smells like hairspray. On my body it looks like it has somewhat of a green undertone to it, and some parts my skin look... gray.. and ghastly. The reviews on Walmart's website say that all of the color washed off after the first application. I will update my review after I was this off - I really hope the color sticks because it does look nice and dark for the time being!

**EDIT - this stuff is TERRIBLE. Oh my goodness. With even the cheapest self tanner, I expect to get a little color.. The strange color morphed into a green/gray color overnight. Best part? It washed right down the drain. All of it - not a trace of color was left on my body. I left it on for well over the recommened 4 hours and I'm stunned that none of this remained after a quick rinse off in the shower with a gentle soap and no scrubbing. This is being returned ASAP.