NYX Professional Makeup Love in Paris 09 Merci Beaucoup Palette

NYX Professional Makeup Love in Paris 09 Merci Beaucoup Palette

4.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this solely because I saw a swatch online somewhere and fell instantly in love with two shades in particular. The beautiful burnished copper-rose at the top right of the palette and the lovely medium shimmery brown on the middle right* are beautiful, they apply really well, they do last quite awhile and they don't end up a muddy mess when you're blending.

The other shades are ... fine. Palettes are so hit and miss with Nyx, and this is no exception; a couple of shades will probably need a white base unless you're looking for a sheer wash in which case they're just fine by themselves. The mattes are nicer than expected, too.

Ultimately, I'd repurchase this because it is a very nice little palette for the price point.

*(if you're looking at it portrait-style, not landscape-style ... and don't even get me started on that because having the name at the top but the opening on the side just messes up my somewhat logical brain like you wouldn't believe and it's driving me batty!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this palette a year ago and have not stopped using it since!
When I first got it, I used most of the gold/brown shades for my eyeshadow, and brown for my eyebrows. later, as I continued using I felt like I was wasting the peach and red shades. I decided to strategically place my blusher brush on the gold and peach colours to mix and it worked beautifully on my olive skin tone as a blush.
I love this palette of a good mix of matte and shimmer shades. I did not manage to get use out of the cranberry red and pearly white shadows, I think they would work as blush and highlight for a paler skin tone.
Overall its really compact and great value. I used it on my 5week holiday. Couldn't get better with this price and packaging

on 10/27/2015 6:12:00 PM

I just picked up this pallette this morning and have already played with it so much! It come with the little cheap sponge tip applicator, but that was obviously to be expected so I'm not gonna knock NYX for that. The packaging is so cute, with a little plastic bow where the compact clicks shut. These eyeshadows are amazing! They are so buttery and blend extremely well. With the exception of two out of the nine colors, they are so pigmenty and really pop. Hands down my new HG DG pallette. The price is so affordable at $10. I will most definitely be picking this little gem up again when I'm out!

on 3/8/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Wonderful palette with beautiful, good quality eye shadows.
Absolutely love it! Under $10 in Ulta.